Politico Publishing: Obama Dresses GQ, Men’s Vogue Wears Blair

Obamagq Tonyblairmensvogue

Barack Obama spiffs up the cover of GQ this month. Meanwhile, Men’s Vogue has taken former British PM Tony Blair under its wing on his way out. Next month, Karl Rove hits the cover of Fangoria.

And here are GQ‘s 50 Most Poewrful People in D.C.

Recently
John Edwards on Men’s Vogue [tr]

Comments

1. David says

Maybe I’m just a prude, but I don’t like my politicians serving as cover models. I’m fine when “Time” or “Newsweek” uses an action shot, but when my politicians are doing photo shoots, I get miffed.

2. says

tho the Obama cover is fisheyed, it’s at least dynamic…

the Men’s Vogue cover is a complete washout, Blair has no presence and appears meek as there was no zoom by cropping. the weakest men’s vogue cover yet… some very low numbers will result from that one.

3. Phew... says

Yeah that shot is very bad. I think his right elbow is on on his knee, and he’s leaning forward a bit. He looks like the happy smiling black man, son of Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima. The power of instant rice and pancakes combine to form the perfect political platform.
    (I can say that cause I’m black)

Now, the guy on the DNA cover is certainly someone I’m sure we can all get behind

4. ggreen says

Barack needs a new stylist. That GQ cover makes his skin look jaundiced and his teeth artificial and his gums look gray. He is the wrong season for steely blues and grays. Slightly brighter colors would make him look more dynamic.

5. Jordan says

Men’s VOGUE is SO much better than GQ.

GQ used to be good (back in the day), but it’s seen better days. They probably need to fire their entire staff and start over.

Once again, Anna Wintour knew what she was doing. Mens VOGUE is the perfect compliment to it’s sister publication VOGUE, with great clothes, accessories, layouts, etc. It’s everything GQ is not these days.

It’s probably only a matter of time anyway before there’s a bloodbath at GQ once circulation drops.

6. Oklahomo says

I have always had a secret thing for Tony Blair. He is so freaking hot! And he looks smoking on the cover of Mens Vogue….does that make me sick?

7. Oklahomo says