AIDS/HIV | Chris Crocker | Election 2008 | George W. Bush | Hillary Clinton | News | Television | Towleroad Guide to the Tube | Van Hansis

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #160

INVISIBLE: New Hillary Clinton campaign spot to begin airing in Iowa tomorrow.
(source: slog)

AIDS: The latest from Chris Crocker.

VACATION: Clip from Fahrenheit 9/11. Bush on track to become the 'vacation president': "The presidential vacation-time record holder is the late Ronald Reagan, who tallied 436 days in his two terms. At 418 days, and with 17 months to go in his presidency, Bush is going to beat that easily."

GAY PANIC: The latest from As the World Turns' gay storyline between Luke and Noah.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here!

Comments

1. Re: Chris Crocker

Why Andy? WHY?

We know as much now as we did then? WTF? That is just a totally uneducated statement. Nobody has sought out the disease? Has he not heard of bug chasers? Jesus F'in Christ! This is the current generations philosopher?

Posted by: Mike | Aug 13, 2007 4:39:47 PM

2. I have gay panick too when I see a Chad Hunt movie, but in a different way.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Aug 13, 2007 4:57:53 PM

3. Ditto what Mike said - my thoughts exactly.

Posted by: sam | Aug 13, 2007 5:19:44 PM

4. Hillary's ad is gret. But when Kanye West said that President Bush doesn't care about black people, he was limiting the statement too much. President Bush doesn't care about any Americans (well except all the rich ones)!

Posted by: madam pres | Aug 13, 2007 6:25:45 PM

5. I can't name the amount of times I was soak and wet, half naked and frolicking around with a super hot co-worker.

Oh, wait I can: Never.

Posted by: damien Wright | Aug 13, 2007 6:29:45 PM

6. Why the pile on Chris Crocker? He's a kid struggling to express himself, not a spokesman. He is naive but kind hearted.He struggles against internalized homophobia as do his(many) gay detractors in the blogosphere. How about supporting the kid the way you wish you were? He deserves the right to be who he is in his hometown. (Me I fled 31 years ago.)

Posted by: petey | Aug 13, 2007 6:55:47 PM

7. Andy,
    I love this site and think you are a remarkable person but what in Judy's name possessed you to put the Crocker video up?

Posted by: Jon-Marc | Aug 13, 2007 6:56:58 PM

8. never expected to find myself liking a Clinton ad. huh.

Posted by: le_sacre | Aug 13, 2007 7:33:29 PM

9. LOOOOK NOW! You've pissed me off. When you get a pair of balls like Chris' then you may criticise him. Back off, bitches!

Posted by: Daniel | Aug 13, 2007 9:26:54 PM

10. Daniel,

Don't you know falsettos like Crocker are eunuchs or have you not seen Farinelli?

Posted by: RP | Aug 13, 2007 9:40:37 PM

11. I hardly ever comment on here because I only do so if I have a complaint. This is the best website involving gay issues bar none.

Except when you decide to make all of us endure the awfulness that is this child. Chris Crocker is absolutely uninformed about this issue. At best he is embarrassing. At worst, he is dangerous to suggest that it is okay to practice unsafe sex.

I cannot fathom why you continue to mar your website with these immature rants from someone who shouldn't be considered an ambassador of gay culture.

You and your website are. Chris Crocker is not.

Posted by: Sean H | Aug 13, 2007 9:58:07 PM

12. I havent watched As The World Turns in a year and it goes gay. Damn I need to get back to my stories!!

Posted by: Gregg | Aug 13, 2007 11:00:49 PM

13. I find Chris to be entertaining in most of his videos. I think he deserves a lot more respect than he gets.
    But he's feminine and that seems to freak a lot of you out because that obviously gives us a bad name. Get over it!

Posted by: Nicole Rich Tea | Aug 13, 2007 11:12:09 PM

14. That isn't it at all. It isn't about the messenger. It's about the message delivered.

And someone should never be given a pass for encouraging dangerous behavior because of his age or ignorance.

Have we apparently learned nothing from previous mistakes made? Especially about something as serious as AIDS?

Posted by: Sean H | Aug 13, 2007 11:23:47 PM