Hip-Hop | Ja Rule | Music | News

Ja Rule: Gays the Problem with Society, Not Hip-Hop

Rapper Ja Rule is upset that Congress is set to hold hearings regarding the exploitation of women in hip-hop lyrics. He tells Complex magazine:

Jarule"They got my man Doug Morris under fire and sh-t, they got him going down to go speak to Congress about hip-hop lyrics, are you f--king serious? There's a f--king black kid right now about to get 25 years for having a fight with some white kids over hanging the nooses over the white tree, let's get to that. Let's get into sh-t like that, because that's what's tearing up America, not me calling a woman a b--ch or a h-e on my rap songs. And if it is, then we need to go step to Paramount, and f--king MGM, and all of these other motherf--kers that's making all of these movies and we need to go step to MTV and Viacom, and lets talk about all these f--king shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can't watch this sh-t. Dating shows that's showing two guys or two girls in mid-afternoon. Let's talk about s--t like that! If that's not f--king up America, I don't know what is....There's a lot of issues we can address besides hip-hop, but they want to put everything on us like we're the problem. This is going to be a shameless f--king plug, but I said, 'when everyone wants to point the finger, and ask why there's so much corruption, they only need to look in the mirror.' It starts with themselves."

Perhaps Congress should add homophobia to its agenda.

Comments

1. Wow. Where to even start....
    I'm still parsing his logic. It'll be a while until I figure out what the f--k he was f--king talking about. Motherf--ker.

Posted by: tjc | Sep 12, 2007 5:53:20 PM

2. I guess the same rule goes for hip-hop as it does computers: garbage in, garbage out.

Posted by: Tread | Sep 12, 2007 5:54:03 PM

3. I wonder if Mr. Rule uses that kind of language in front of his children?

Posted by: homer | Sep 12, 2007 5:55:03 PM

4. Homer, the fact that he even has children is what frightens me.

His statements make me fear what he's teaching them.

Posted by: Tread | Sep 12, 2007 5:59:41 PM

5. Don't worry, he'll probably be shot and killed within three years. Its hard out there for a pimp.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 12, 2007 6:05:26 PM

6. Some hoe bore him some kids? What a bitch.

Posted by: Chux | Sep 12, 2007 6:13:46 PM

7. Wow, so I guess I'm not missing anything by not listening to his music about da bitches and da hoes. I bet he has no qualms with his children listening to that, either.

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 12, 2007 6:13:52 PM

8. A fine african american example. If this turd can have kids and raise them with his garbage, it's obvious we can make a way better job.

lets start creating families people.

Posted by: Angelo | Sep 12, 2007 6:14:28 PM

9. I wonder if he also feels that the lack of an education and the lack of an ability to speak the english language properly are a threat, too?

Posted by: KB | Sep 12, 2007 6:15:32 PM

10. litte rat-face bastard. Never liked his little country azz. Can't wait till his little azz getz shot, hopefully by some faggot.

Posted by: Vince | Sep 12, 2007 6:17:23 PM

11. "Music"? What "Music"?

Rap is CRAP!!!!

It is the antithesis of music.

ANd the success of its practitiones is gauged by their autopsies.

If Mr. Rule is sucha n important "Hip-Hop Artist" why is he still alive?

Shouldn't he be a rotting stinking corpse by now?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 12, 2007 6:18:35 PM

12. Ya know, I disagree vehemently with what Ja Rule said, but I'm not going to advocate for his death. That's stooping to his level.

Seriously people, you scare me sometimes.

Posted by: Tread | Sep 12, 2007 6:21:32 PM

13. What surprises me is that we still regard this genere as an actual category. but, then again, even Kanye West cannot come up with something original...look at how many rap artistc, if you will, sample other artists.
    Ja Rule is just uneducated trash...there is this whole machismo attitude associated with Rap and the black community which put women down. the women in some senses are pretty bad for letting them put them down.

Posted by: Paul | Sep 12, 2007 6:25:59 PM

14. He's the one advocating for his own death. That's what rap is all about. Haven't you heard?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 12, 2007 6:31:44 PM

15. Will Rep. Bobby Rush bring this up during the hearings? Will anyone ...anyone... in the community of black leaders address this? I'm not holding my breath but this has got to stop!

Posted by: John Beene | Sep 12, 2007 6:33:05 PM

16. Rap/Hip Hop is as much an actual musical category as Rock, Heavy Metal, House, and Country, you dumbfuck. It's entirely at your discretion whether or not you like it, but just because you don't doesn't invalidate it. Machismo attitude isn't just indicative of Rap/Hip Hop. Plenty of other popular music are just as derogatory. If you don't like it don't buy or turn the fucking dial.

Posted by: sugarrhill | Sep 12, 2007 6:37:20 PM

17. it's so easy to play the blame game when the finger is pointed directly at you. he's incapable of taking responsibility for his behavior. he is incapable of being a better human being. instead of rapping about bitches and hoes, instead of rapping about fags and homo's, instead of rapping about guns and gangstas, why not rap about the things that are directly affecting his community. discrimination, injustice, poverty, a lack of education, indifferance by our government, etc. oh, i see. he doesn't because that would require the actual engagement of some cognition. ja rule is a pimple on the ass of society. seriously, who listens to this gutter snipe?

Posted by: sean | Sep 12, 2007 6:37:24 PM

18. Music taste are individual

clearly, if you're over 50 then rap is not your thing, but I can't begrudge those who do like it, while at the same time laughing at people who enjoy Mika and Scissor Sisters-style gay music.

Posted by: Reality | Sep 12, 2007 6:41:54 PM

19. Does he have a new CD coming out that he needs some type of hype for? I guess he's trying to stir up support from the Hoe and Bitch loving Fag hating hip hop artists out there. He's a has been and obviously not teaching his children anything other than hate. If you are what you eat I guess that makes him a Pussy.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 12, 2007 6:43:28 PM

20. Does he have a new CD coming out that he needs some type of hype for? I guess he's trying to stir up support from the Hoe and Bitch loving Fag hating hip hop artists out there. He's a has been and obviously not teaching his children anything other than hate. If you are what you eat I guess that makes him a Pussy.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 12, 2007 6:43:54 PM

21. Does he have a new CD coming out that he needs some type of hype for? I guess he's trying to stir up support from the Hoe and Bitch loving Fag hating hip hop artists out there. He's a has been and obviously not teaching his children anything other than hate. If you are what you eat I guess that makes him a Pussy.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 12, 2007 6:44:08 PM

22. Does he have a new CD coming out that he needs some type of hype for? I guess he's trying to stir up support from the Hoe and Bitch loving Fag hating hip hop artists out there. He's a has been and obviously not teaching his children anything other than hate. If you are what you eat I guess that makes him a Pussy.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 12, 2007 6:44:18 PM

23. Is it me or does he just seem REALLY stupid? It's weird. It's like at times he seems on the verge of making a point, then resorts to sounding like a f--king idiot.

Posted by: JR | Sep 12, 2007 6:45:03 PM

24. "It's entirely at your discretion whether or not you like it, but just because you don't doesn't invalidate it."

Taste is not a matter of "discretion." It's a moral value.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 12, 2007 7:04:17 PM

25. "Taste is not a matter of "discretion." It's a moral value"

save us from the old gays who want to seem relevant.

Posted by: Please | Sep 12, 2007 7:11:16 PM