Man Assaulted, Dragged on Seattle Street in Labor Day Gay Bashing

Seattlegaybashing

Via Slog comes news of an ugly gay bashing in Seattle over Labor Day weekend.

Andrew Geske, 26, was reportedly attacked while walking home from the Capitol Hill gay bar Pony early on Monday morning by a group of men in a black BMW who verbally taunted and physically assaulted him before grabbing and dragging him by the arm down the street as the car sped away.

Said Geske to The Stranger: “I had just started walking up to the car when the driver got out of the car, yelling, ‘Get the fuck away from my car, faggots.’ Then he slammed a punch into my face. I fell against the car. My arm ended up inside of their window, which was down… The passenger grabbed onto my arm, and they just peeled out driving real fast. I just remember staring at my roommate on the sidewalk, trying to figure out what was going on. It happened in like five seconds, all of this. I freed myself loose and kind of rolled away onto the ground. They were gone real quick.”

Geske is 6’2″ and works as a barback and personal trainer, according to the paper. Witnesses to the attack described hearing gay slurs, and the incident is being investigated as a hate crime by Seattle police.

Added Geske: “Word needs to get out that gays are still being targeted. Call me naive, but I didn’t think this could happen here.

One more photo and a fuller description of the attack, at Slog.

Comments

1. Tyler says

I can’t believe this, especially since I had just seen Andrew earlier at Pony. On top of it, this is the second person I know that has been bashed walking home in less than 2 months.
    I had another friend that was chased into the parking garage on Pine and Harvard and hit with a car. Same scenario though, walking home with roommate and friends, confronted by people screaming faggot at him, then they struck. It wasn’t a black BMW, but again, no one was able to get the license plate.
    Even after my friend was attacked, I’ve never felt unsafe walking home in capitol hill…I’m beginning to think that I should think twice.

2. Tyler says

3. Rob (lrdarystar) says

I hope the police put all their effort into investigating this. This is inexcusable. I hope Andrew is doing well and has an easy recovery.

4. Chris in Seattle says

re-reading this, the logistics of the attack dont make very much sense to me..The driver got out, and punched him in the face..he fell down and landed with his arm inside the window and the car took off…How did that happen if the driver was outside the car punching him?

5. Jordan says

I swear, yet another example of why it makes even more sense to carry a gun these days.

I would have have no problem shooting someone who fucked with me, just like in Jodie Foster’s upcoming new movie.

6. db says

Gosh Chris in Seattle, you’re a regular Mrs. Marple. You’ve completely blown his testimony away based on reading a single paragraph on a blog.

7. Chris in Seattle says

Not to be a bitch, but I just felt the need to make another comment. He says in the article “I didnt think it could happen here.” Where was he like a year or 2 ago when the kid was almost stabbed to death with the broken bottle in the middle of gay pride weekend right outside of 24 hour fitness? Anybody who lives in Seattle knows that it can happen here, and does quite often.

8. unico says

next time he should rethink approaching a car full of idiots. sorry this happened to him, but you gotta be smarter than that. i usually only approach single drivers when im walking the ho stroll. if there are two fellas, forget it. dont mess with these fools unless you can take it as well as give it. and why didnt his roomate help? the fools i run with dont let no one come like that. be smarter bro.

9. DB says

Chris, Unico, I hope if you are ever gay bashed you get more sympathy than you’ve given here. You don’t know exactly what the situation was and yet you’ve decided to attack the individuals involved.

10. dattexas says

I know I’ll catch heat for this, and I’m not even saying this is the answer, but herein Texas, it’s legal to carry concealed handguns.

Anyone who tries to gay bash me will have a very long recovery, if their lucky.