Anna Nicole Smith | Books | Howard K. Stern | Larry Birkhead | News | Rita Cosby

Rita Cosby Served with Howard K. Stern Lawsuit at Book Party

Former MSNBC host and author Rita Cosby was served with the $60 million libel lawsuit from attorney Howard K. Stern yesterday at her own book party, according to The Insider. Stern is suing for $10 million in compensatory and $50 million in punitive damages over allegations made in Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death including claims that Stern and Larry Birkhead were sexually involved and conspired to share Anna Nicole Smith's estate.

Cosby told US Magazine: "What crossed my mind...they knew I was walking into a big book party. It just shows you that with these guys it's all just smoke and mirrors. It's all PR and spin. And that's what I write about in my book. So I'm not surprised that they used this opportunity. This is par for the course for these characters."

Comments

1. Girl got served! I'd pay to see their sex tape, if it exists.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Oct 4, 2007 10:24:40 AM

2. Um, Dave, eeuuwww.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 4, 2007 10:48:58 AM

3. Sea hag.

Posted by: Becks07 | Oct 4, 2007 10:50:58 AM

4. This time Rita stepped waaaay-over the edge. I think that she'll settle big-time to make Stern's suit go away...if it gets to a jury she'll lose big-time.

Enjoy your fifteen-minutes, Dahling.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Oct 4, 2007 11:26:30 AM

5. As a side issue pet peeve, I just hate it when people use a percentage over 100%, i.e. "110%" or in this case, "120%." When did this start? I mean, come on, are we supposed to think someone is more serious because they "stand by it 110%....120%?" Oh, you must be serious because you stand by it more than 100%.... sorry to ramble...it's just a pet peeve.

Posted by: cj | Oct 4, 2007 11:31:14 AM

6. @ CJ -- you are 100% right!

Posted by: becks07 | Oct 4, 2007 11:39:36 AM

7. If they can prove she was being malicious they might have a case.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Oct 4, 2007 1:39:01 PM

8. "This is par for the course for these characters."

I don;t think she realizes that she's one of those characters as well.

Posted by: Glenn | Oct 4, 2007 3:07:43 PM