"Ex-Gays" | Alabama | Australia | Brian Paddick | Daniel Radcliffe | Deaths | Education | Election 2008 | Facebook | Fred Thompson | Hugh Jackman | Janice Dickinson | Kentucky | London | News | North Carolina | Religion | Slava Mogutin | Tattoo

BigGayDeal.com

News: Facebook Bust, Brian Paddick, Equus, Slava Mogutin

road.jpg Some students at Notre Dame donning "Gay? Go to Hell" T-shirts.

Fairy_2road.jpg Bank intern busted by boss after "something came up at home" excuse for his day off was later revealed on his Facebook profile. He does make a cute fairy though.

road.jpg Alabama gay activist Ken Baker dies at 50: "Unity United Church of Christ recently awarded Baker the Crystal Cross for his advocacy work. He was recognized specifically for his role in starting Equality Alabama and Communities of Faith for Full Inclusion. 'He's sure going to be missed around here,' said longtime friend and colleague Lynn Shaw, who is a past president of the Montgomery Chapter of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG). 'I just can't believe how everyone's going to go on and function because he was involved in so many things.' Baker, who was gay, was known as a quiet, humble man who was creative and determined in his efforts to promote gay and lesbian rights."

road.jpg Board of Education in Jefferson County in Kentucky recommends expanding harassment and employment policies to protect gay and lesbian employees, although transgender people are left behind for now: "We decided to include sexual orientation at this time, but decided to hold off on making a decision about transgender because, as of right now, gender identification is both a new and broad definition."

Dickinsonroad.jpg Janice Dickinson has joined the cast of the UK's I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and nature is turning her into a savage: "I'm going to stab her in the middle of the night and take hers. You think I'm kidding? I'll eat her tits. I'll fry up those big old boobs."

road.jpg Politicos nervous about upcoming "tell-all" book from former gay London top cop Brian Paddick to be released one month before critical election. Paddick: "You will be very surprised by some of the things in it, I can assure you."

Equusroad.jpg Lily Allen's brother Alfie steps into Daniel Radcliffe's role in Equus.

road.jpg Inside photographer Slava Mogutin's New York City go-go diary (warning: NSFW).

road.jpg Fred Thompson to be endorsed by right-to-life, same-sex marriage foes in Iowa: "He drew an enthusiastic response from his audience when he praised the U.S. health care system and said: 'Let's not let the federal government mess that up.' The crowd also applauded when he brought up gay marriage and said: 'Whether marriage is between a man and a woman -- I thought that was decided a few thousand years ago!'"

road.jpg Hugh Jackman's back at his favorite activity: getting naked at the beach.

road.jpg Australian football club supporter mocked after receiving "gay" tattoo. Perhaps he should commisserate with the Dumbledore daddy.

road.jpg North Carolina "ex-gay" minister proclaiming his success: "To follow christ and to say no to my behavior of homosexuality, um I really felt like I could live life differently that that's what God wanted, he wanted me to pursue him, not pursue men. So people can say, you can't change and I say yes you can." See ya at the next public park sex sting!

road.jpg Gender Issues Analyst Melissa Fryrear of Focus on the Family continues to claim that all gay people have been sexually violated. (via pam's house blend)

Comments

1. Who ever said queens have brains? Let me not only 1) Call in sick but then 2) post the pictures of me in drag going to the event I called in sick to attend and then 3) Send the link out to my office workers.

What an idiot!

Stupidiy knows no boundaries.

Posted by: Rad | Nov 13, 2007 1:30:30 PM

2. He didn't send the link to his office workers. Somehow, his boss or a coworker found the picture on his Facebook page. The point is that anything you post online can and probably is being viewed by your employers.

I love the boss's response: "Cool wand."

Posted by: crispy | Nov 13, 2007 1:46:04 PM

3. He looks like some twit-queen so no surprise he would do something flakey.

Posted by: ATLSteve | Nov 13, 2007 2:02:46 PM

4. That "ex-gay" report on the North Carolina television station was horrendous. What a load of crap and what a biased report. They don't seem to understand how dangerous it is when they present these snake oil salesmen as if they are legitimate.

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 13, 2007 2:09:35 PM

5. I don't understand the appeal of Hugh Jackman.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 13, 2007 2:16:02 PM

6. "Gender Issues Analyst Melissa Fryrear of Focus on the Family continues to claim that all gay people have been sexually violated."

She's right, you know. We've been fucked by the church, by the government, by the schools...

("Fryrear"?? What, she wasn't being taken seriously when her name was Melissa Hotass?)

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Nov 13, 2007 2:17:02 PM

7. Amen, MIKEINSANJOSE, Amen.

Posted by: Rad | Nov 13, 2007 2:26:22 PM

8. Someone remind Fred Thompson that living a subsistence lifestyle "was decided a few thousand years ago" too. Maybe he'd like to roll back the the entire US of A to a tooth and claw existence.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 13, 2007 2:27:19 PM

9. The intern was wrong for that, but someone please assure me that "Paul Davis" from Anglo Irish Bank got his ass f-cking chewed off for bcc'ing the entire office on that exchange. Unprofessional and sadistic don't even begin to cover it.
    Oh, and what was Mr. Davis (or some bitchy bitter queen "coworker") doing trolling (emphasis on "troll") around on MySpace at work? Someone needs to publish the address on that bottom e-mail so his faggoty-ass can get busted too.

Posted by: Shane | Nov 13, 2007 2:32:52 PM

10. The Notre Dame kids would be better served by forgetting Benedict's writing and refer to what Jesus said. Things like "whatever you do to the least of my brothers, you do unto me" or "judge not, lest you be judged." Things like that.

Bums me out to see this ignorance in young, most likely bright children.

Posted by: Keith | Nov 13, 2007 2:49:06 PM

11. I NEVER tire of seeing Hugh Jackman frolic at the beach. Never.

Posted by: Keith | Nov 13, 2007 2:50:09 PM

12. Shane - Although I agree with your sentiment, we need to remember that these are Catholics (not just Christians), where salvation is dependent on allegiance to the church. The whole point of doctrinal religion is that people are not supposed to interpret scripture on their own, but rely on the church to do it for them--and thereby give the church and its dogma even more power than scripture (the parallels with fundamentalist Islam here are obvious). There are few organizations in the world as political as the Catholic church, which is why early Americans were so intolerant of Irish and Italian immigrants. People in the first hundred years of this country would be dumbfounded to see how embracing of politicized religion we have become.

Posted by: rascal | Nov 13, 2007 3:28:25 PM

13. sorry, I meant Keith

Posted by: rascal | Nov 13, 2007 3:31:42 PM

14. MIKEINSANJOSE, I think you win the prize for the BEST comment posted on Towleroad so far this year! :)

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 13, 2007 5:22:38 PM

15. Students need a counter shirt that says "Gay? Hell Yes!"

Posted by: Greg | Nov 13, 2007 6:33:56 PM

16. I encourage everyone to email the "girl" who penned the homophobic article at Mary.K.Daly.33@nd.edu

Posted by: Mary Daly | Nov 13, 2007 8:31:20 PM

17. That story about the Facebook bust was hilarious! Gotta think smart...kids!

Reminds me of the time (when I actually worked) I had the boss from hell (Miranda Priestly-clone) and I had gone out of town across country for a huge party weekend, but had overdone it. On Monday morning I called her to tell her I missed my plane (even though I was actually in town but just too hung over & wasted to work), so I went shopping the rest of the day (nothing like retail therapy), though I was never caught like this poor kid, I just got the proverbial "You can't go out of town to party and call in sick on Monday" crap the next day - ha ha!

Posted by: Jordan | Nov 13, 2007 8:46:01 PM

18. Andy, you tease. Hugh sans shirt does not equate to nekkidness. If only....

Posted by: Mike | Nov 13, 2007 9:55:23 PM

19. I actually go to Notre Dame and will have you know that the two guys that wore the "Gay? Go to Hell" shirts were personally reprimanded by a faculty member the day they wore it in the dining hall. Sometimes fighting for gay students here can be daunting, and this was the lowest low of my 3 1/2 years here.

Posted by: Gary | Nov 13, 2007 11:36:30 PM

20. Hmmm... If I were his boss, I might have kept him around!

Posted by: Aman-About-Town | Nov 14, 2007 3:50:20 AM

21. UGH! I hate being tricked into clicking through to Pink is the New Blah.

Posted by: JB | Nov 14, 2007 9:26:54 AM

22. Oh...Seems to see this photo on Findbilover.com

Posted by: John | Nov 15, 2007 4:53:18 AM

23. Recommend a good adalt tracker where you can download movies via adalt Torrents

Posted by: melany | Mar 29, 2009 6:46:36 PM

24. Recommend a good adult tracker where you can download movies via adalt Torrents

Posted by: salma | Apr 2, 2009 12:01:09 AM

25. Hello to all ! Great site. I am new here greetings to all from Poland.

Posted by: cheapcarsauctions | Apr 8, 2009 11:40:17 AM