J.K. Rowling | News | Quidditch | Vassar

They Now Play Quidditch at Vassar

As a proud graduate of this fine institution I can attest to the fact that sports are not Vassar's strength. The college has never received much attention for its athletics program, but it looks like that is about to change.

Now if you'll excuse me, I just fell off my broom and need to recover.

(via deadspin)

You may have missed...
Harry Potter Does Drag for Manila Gay Bar [tr]
J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore is a Gay Wizard Daddy [tr]

Comments

1. At least it gets them outdoors, I guess.

Posted by: Wes | Nov 28, 2007 2:36:35 PM

2. Wow, you went to Vassar, Andy. Impressive. You didn't meet Jane Fonda when you were there, didya'?

That's a joke, Andy. You weren't born when Fonda was at Vassar. You must be use to "queen humor" by now, buddy. Hell, back then, even a "queen" couldn't get into Vassar...had to have the real stuff.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 28, 2007 2:42:03 PM

3. you are a delicious nerd. are you as well endowed as the institution? are you the eighth sister? ok, i'll stop now.

Posted by: nic | Nov 28, 2007 2:50:01 PM

4. Jesus boy is kinda cute. C'mere, boy, and ride my man-broom.

Oh. What? This isn't the Nifty story archive?

Posted by: Princess Superstar | Nov 28, 2007 2:57:10 PM

5. I'll start collecting the rookie cards.

Posted by: KJ | Nov 28, 2007 3:08:15 PM

6. You can get some really good pot at Vassar, this might be a result.

Posted by: Derek | Nov 28, 2007 3:13:35 PM

7. Courtney Love once bragged in Interview magazine that girls at Vassar bought her records. Any insight into this, Andy?

Posted by: J'ason D'luv | Nov 28, 2007 3:13:39 PM

8. I can't wait until someone gets impaled on a broomstick.

Posted by: Matt | Nov 28, 2007 3:47:44 PM

9. Recovered from laughing?

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Nov 28, 2007 3:58:04 PM

10. Legend has it that Jane Fonda went to the afternoon tea in the Rose Parlor wearing nothing but a pair of white gloves as a form of protest against the establishment. Not sure if that's ever been proven. Not sure about Courtney Love either.

But when I was a freshman I had a roommate named Marc Thiessen who went on to become Jesse Helms'spokesperson. Needless to say I got a single sophomore year.

Posted by: andy | Nov 28, 2007 4:16:50 PM

11. So that is what virgins look like.

Posted by: RP | Nov 28, 2007 4:51:35 PM

12. Andy, thanks for the laugh! I was a freshman when you were a senior and I think all of the queer frosh that year had HUGE crushes on you. That clip brought all of that flooding back. Just what the doctor ordered! Those were the days.

Posted by: Kyriell Noon | Nov 28, 2007 4:58:41 PM

13. Yeah, I'd do Jesus Boy.

Posted by: David | Nov 28, 2007 5:04:53 PM

14. snatch the snitch? hmmm...at Vassar isn't more like snatch the snatch?

Posted by: Myackie | Nov 28, 2007 5:14:32 PM

15. Now there's a team I would have tried out for. Nothing like running around Joss Beach with a bunch of skinny boys who like big hard sticks between their legs. Ah, brings back such fond memories of Vassar. Thanks for the post. GO VASSAR QUIDDITCH!

Posted by: kennjamin | Nov 28, 2007 6:41:21 PM

16. I didn't know you went to vassar! As a fellow vass alum, that makes me feel even more connected to this site. What year did you graduate?

Posted by: thegreattall | Nov 28, 2007 9:28:02 PM

17. hooray vassar nerds! i'm pretty sure that jane fonda stuff is a lie, but they definitely still have it in the tours!

Posted by: sa | Nov 28, 2007 11:44:06 PM

18. Homer (to Lisa): I've had just about enough of your Vassar-bashing, young lady!

(one of my favorite Simpsons quotes ever)

Posted by: stevo | Nov 29, 2007 2:12:52 AM

19. this is why i hated college

Posted by: Mike | Nov 29, 2007 11:32:09 AM

20. That is a brilliant synthesis of pop culture with mundane life, converting it into something original and hilarious. Why couldn't I meet people like that while I was in college? You rock, Vassar!

Posted by: Cristian | Dec 2, 2007 9:31:26 AM