News | T.R. Knight

BigGayDeal.com

T.R. Knight to Be "Bridesman" at Katherine Heigl's Wedding

Knight_3T.R. Knight, who ditched his moptop and sported a newly-shorn head at a recent benefit for the Trevor Project in L.A. has revealed that he's going to be a "bridesman" at Katherine Heigl's wedding to singer Josh Kelley on December 23rd.

Knight told US magazine: "I'm standing up there and all. So I have to go and get the tux. And I am still deciding on a gift!"

Recently
T.R. Knight is GLAAD He Came Out [tr]

Comments

1. TR Knight is an average actor and probably a good guy, but he is certainly not someone to look up to to lead the cause for homosexuals. He's weak in communication skills and doesn't seem to be a skilled debator (By way of example, watch his first appearance on 'Ellen'). So this item does him justice in that it is just a fluff piece of news.

Posted by: NowItMatters | Dec 6, 2007 11:23:35 AM

2. Well, THANK YOU T.R. for NOT feminizing this moment. Because if you would have called yourself ‘Bridesmaid’ I would have flipped – too often gay men feminize themselves by doing just that – and there’s nothing more nauseating than a man calling another man ‘girlfriend’.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Dec 6, 2007 11:30:39 AM

3. Not only does he have a poor grasp of the GNP of Paraguay, I'll bet he's lousy at doing long division in his head, too.

*Rolls eyes*

Give him a break. He looks hot with that haircut.

Posted by: spazmo | Dec 6, 2007 11:37:20 AM

4. He's CBS, cute but stupid, give him a break.
    Looks hot with the new haircut.
    I agree with JEFFREYCHRIST, absolutely!

Posted by: Lars | Dec 6, 2007 11:43:14 AM

5. Ugh, yeah NOWITHMATTERS. One of my gay friends is being a "bridesmaid" in his friend's wedding and I'm like: Do you realize you're a boy?

I'm completely over effeminate gay men. Really. I don't care if that's offensive.

Posted by: JLS | Dec 6, 2007 11:57:38 AM

6. WTF NOWITMATTERS? "but he is certainly not someone to look up to to lead the cause for homosexuals. He's weak in communication skills and doesn't seem to be a skilled debator"

Why does he have to "lead the cause for homosexuals"? It's a story about him sharing in his best friend's wedding. Does every gay person have to be a "skilled debator" in order to be "looked up to"?

He's navigating his way in the world like so many of us. Give the guy a break.

Some of these bitter comments are just way too much for me and are more of a reflection of the people posting then the actual topics.

There's a great quote that says: "All the negative traits that you spot in others are merely a reflection of your own negative traits. Only by fixing yourself can you change others."

Posted by: WHAT? | Dec 6, 2007 11:59:40 AM

7. The feminization of the gay male.

"Well, who done that?"

"I don't know, girlfriend, wasn't me?"

"I know. It was that damn eunuch that Alexander the Great was runnin' 'round with. Yep, that bitch ruined the image of gay men for two thousand more years."

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 6, 2007 12:01:16 PM

8. I was "man of honor" at my friend's wedding several years ago. It was fun, and don't think that Lane Avenue Baptist Church wasn't intrigued by that little twist. Any why do straight people always ask me if I wore a dress?

Posted by: Brian | Dec 6, 2007 12:02:28 PM

9. I personally think that the most important thing any of us can do for the cause of gay rights is be out and proud. And I greatly respect everyone that has the courage to do that, including TR. He is certainly a better "advocate" than all of the closeted actors out there.

And, yes, the haircut is hot.

Posted by: ryan | Dec 6, 2007 12:11:39 PM

10. He's handled himself quite well after his accidental outing last year. No one should complain.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Dec 6, 2007 12:11:45 PM

11. JLS, I don't think it's offensive that you vehemently despise "girlfriends". They probably don't care...But "nauseating"? Really JEFFREYCHRIST? Don't you guys see that it's nothing but simple humor?

Back to topic now...TR doesn't have to live up to anyone's expectations. He's a struggling individual just like most of us, who by the way didn't come out, but was outed as we all know. Hardly a gay icon!

Posted by: Shabaka | Dec 6, 2007 12:14:50 PM

12. Everyone on this story: "T.R. STANDING UP FOR THE BRIDE? GOD HE'S SUCH A BAD EXAMPLE OF A GAY GUY"

Everyone on the Jodie story: "JODIE NEEDS TO BE MORE OUT AND PROUD"

You queens are somethin' else.

Posted by: Billy | Dec 6, 2007 12:18:56 PM

13. While I understand Jeffreychrist's point (straight society has stereotyped gay men as feminine far too much), I have a problem with people having a problem with gay men acting feminine.

My problem is that, while they may not admit it, their problem lies in this belief that "men should act like men," which is old-school sexist bullshit, excuse my French.

There is nothing wrong with a man being feminine because there is nothing wrong with femininity. It is just as strong and powerful as masculinity, and just because I and gay guys like me have penises doesn't mean we have to act only one way.

I call straight guys "girlfriend" and at first they get offended until I say what I just said then they realize I'm playing with gender and there's nothing wrong with it.

End of rant.

Oh, I don't like T.R.'s hair but he's never had any luck in the hairstyle department.

Posted by: junior | Dec 6, 2007 12:22:18 PM

14. He is *adorable* with that new haircut!

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 6, 2007 12:25:37 PM

15. I agree with Junior's comment about, except for the part about the haircut. It's very cute!

TR is an actor, not a politician. There is no reason he needs to "lead" the gay community unless he is comfortable doing so. Simply being an out, working actor is a HUGE statement. So I say bravo to him.

Posted by: Gregg | Dec 6, 2007 1:32:40 PM

16. Here are more pics in and out of the red carpet from the event:

Posted by: juniormogul | Dec 6, 2007 1:48:12 PM

17. this comment session never ceases to amaze me, here i see racists, dumb fools, BUT HOMO-HOMOPHOBES. if someone calles himself "girlfriend" how is that your business "closet-QUEENS"

finally seen it all.

Posted by: johnosahon | Dec 6, 2007 1:56:52 PM

18. He's hot and was hot even before he was outed. I don't descriminate if you want to swish. Many of my friends were efeminate and although I am not I got in some fights defending them when some asshole straight make a rude comment. Sweetheart if you want to swish, SWISH. Is a free world and large enough for all. Down with Iran.

Posted by: Oscar | Dec 6, 2007 7:26:16 PM

19. TR Knight is getting a raw deal these days. I feel that because of what happened last season behind the scenes of Grey's Anatomy, the producers and writers are punishing him by making his character go through contrived situations. In addition, he seems to be despised by a lot of gay people for no apparent reason. Given what he's been given on GA, he's actually one of the best actors on the show. And even before he came out, I fancied him. I still do. The way you guys bash him, you'd think that he was Britney fucking Spears.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Dec 6, 2007 10:34:18 PM