George W. Bush | Kiss | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Rep. Christopher Shays on Why He Kissed Bush

Sotu2

It's amazing the media and discussion that one man-to-man kiss will generate.

Rep. Christopher Shays (CT-R) explained why he kissed President Bush on his way into the House chamber before the State of the Union on Monday night.

Said Shays: "I said some words of encouragement to the President as he walked by and he pulled me close and whispered something very thoughtful and kind in return. I wanted him to feel support as he walked into a very partisan chamber. I know he appreciated what I said to him. I realize many Americans are angry with the President and may even hate him, but I would have said the same thing to any leader who has the burden of the country and the world on his or her shoulders. I am particularly determined in this very ugly, political environment in which we find ourselves that the values of respect and compassion I grew up believing in extend even to a President who has a low approval rating."

Just what sweet nothing did Shays whisper in Bushie's ear before the parting kiss?

Comments

1. how about "I promise to pull out"?

Posted by: resurrect | Jan 30, 2008 9:11:01 PM

2. "values of respect and compassion" ... ah, how about telling the clown bush to have that for our US Democracy instead of destroying it even more like he has in the last 7 years.

These republiCONs are simply that: CONs!

These GOP clowns deserve no encouragment.

Posted by: FunMe | Jan 30, 2008 10:11:50 PM

3. He probably whispered something like "I wish I knew how to quit you."

Yes, I know that was so 2006...sue me. :-)

Posted by: Jake | Jan 30, 2008 10:15:26 PM

4. Hello, I would like you very adding my blog in his.
    I am Brazilian and I would like to make an international partnership, I think that only those who have a win we mesmos.O blog is new, but with a visitation consideravel.Adorei your blog also, well organized and updated, I hope that add the link mine, and send reply with the link of his so that I can make the mesmo.A big hug.

Posted by: Bob | Jan 30, 2008 11:24:33 PM

5. Wouldn't it be great if his "explanation" for the kiss were: "We'v been dating in secret for years."

People would get it. Have a laugh. And move on. Hopefully.

Posted by: Bernie | Jan 31, 2008 1:28:41 AM

6. Why the hell won't this story die? Oh my god. It's not like they tongue fucked each other.

All over the world men kiss each other on the cheek constantly. But god forbid a man's lips get anywhere near another man's body in the good ol' US of A.

Posted by: gay as life | Jan 31, 2008 10:59:23 AM

7. Hey Here's some news Americans gay and straight and in between. Men all over the planet kiss everyday. Straight men, gay men, conservative men, liberal men, all kinds of men.

Posted by: Daniel | Jan 31, 2008 12:47:28 PM

8. People all over the world wipe their butts with their hands too--it doesn't carry. Cultural differences do exist.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jan 31, 2008 5:57:47 PM