Ann Coulter | Election 2008 | Hillary Clinton | John McCain | News

BigGayDeal.com

Ann Coulter: I'd Campaign for Hillary if McCain is GOP Candidate

Things are getting really confusing.

Colmes has no answer for this latest tirade from Ann Coulter, asking her to fill in for him next week after she declares that she'd vote for Hillary Clinton over John McCain. In fact, she'd campaign for her.

Says Coulter: "She's more conservative than he is. I think she'd be stronger on the war on terrorism. I absolutely believe that...I will campaign for her if it's McCain. He has led the fight against torture at Guantanamo. She hasn't done that. She hasn't taken a position in front....He keeps going on and on about how he was the only Republican who supported the surge and other Republicans attacked him. It was so awful how he was attacked, it was worse than being held in a tiger cage. Well I looked at the record, Republicans all supported the surge. He's not only not the only one who supported the surge. I promise you no Republican attacked him for this and you know why I think he's saying that, Sean. I realize cause he keeps saying it every debate. He's confusing Republicans with his liberal friends. They're the ones who attacked him for it. His real friends...Their positions are about that far apart. When George Bush said at the State of the Union address that the surge is working in Iraq, Obama sat on his hands, Kennedy sat on his hands, Hillary leapt up and applauded that we are winning the surge in Iraq. She gave much better answers in those debates when Democrats like Obama and Biden were all saying what will we do when three cities are attacked. She said I will find who did it and I will go after them. Hillary is absolutely more conservative (than McCain). Moreover, she lies less than John McCain. She's smarter than John McCain. So that when she's caught shamelessly lying. At least the Cliintons know they've been caught lying. McCain is so stupid he doesn't even know he's been caught."

Speaking of voting, is Mann Coulter even allowed to vote anymore?

Meanwhile, Dan Abrams asks if the media is rooting against Hillary. Well, if they're giving Ann Coulter a platform to endorse her, you really do have to wonder...

Comments

1. Ah, the kiss of death for Hillary? This doesn't bode well for her. Obama is the candidate for the future and of the future, but right now in 2008. Don't be fooled by Billary's conniving and crocodile tears.

Posted by: NowItMatters | Feb 1, 2008 9:20:30 AM

2. Anyone, even Ann Coulter, who thinks John McCain is a 'liberal' does not understand the situation--indeed most likely does not understand ANY situation.

This would be comical were it not so serious.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Feb 1, 2008 9:32:26 AM

3. *coffee spit-take*

*cough*

It's way to early in the morning for a plate of harpie.

Please make the adams apple go away.

Posted by: MississippiTim | Feb 1, 2008 9:33:33 AM

4. This is a surprise?

Republicans know full well that Hillary is the only person they can beat in November, and that McCain is the only one who can beat her. They're going to push Hillary in the media, and then start attacking McCain to get the sympathy ball rolling.

Not hard to understand.

By the way, Ann Coulter has been irrelevant for quite some time now. Perhaps people are tired of looking at her mannish forearms.

Posted by: The Milkman | Feb 1, 2008 9:40:00 AM

5. Ann Coulter is just trying to screw with people's minds to keep attention focused on the only thing she truly cares about: herself. She's incredibly dangerous because 1) she's willing to say *anything* if it will keep her on tv one second longer; and 2) a lot of her "fans" agree with her every poisonous word wholeheartedly. Just because Coulter says Hillary Clinton is "more conservative" than John McCain doesn't make it true, any more than it is "true" when Coulter says women shouldn't have the right to vote, or Muslims and Jews should all be converted to Christianity. There is nothing about Ann Coulter's nasty rhetoric that a little applied critical thinking can't easily overcome.

Posted by: Thomasina | Feb 1, 2008 9:43:17 AM

6. C'mon already. Most media is anti-Hillary.
    McCain and Obmama are the media darlings by far.
    The vitriol against Hillary from progressives turns my stomach. If democrats loose in Nov. it is because of the them.
    I don't know 1 Hillary supporter who says bad things about Obama...but the opposite is far from true.

Posted by: pete | Feb 1, 2008 9:46:39 AM

7. What 1 minute!!!!!!!!!!!

FOX is NOT the media. They are 1 news outlet out of quite a few.

Murdocuh does not own every last single piece of the media.

FOX giving coulter the freak a platform to promote hillary is NOT the media routing against Hillary.

Coulter is right in fact on Hillary being conservative. Obama ranks almost 10 points more liberal than she based on their voting records. More conservative than Mccain, she is wrong

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 1, 2008 9:54:19 AM

8. THOMASINA - Great comments! Intelligent, well written and so true. I would have just said, "she's a douchebag" (which is still true). But yours sounds so much better.

Posted by: JJ | Feb 1, 2008 9:54:30 AM

9. I don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die!

Posted by: NotForYou | Feb 1, 2008 10:02:32 AM

10. Why do we even talk about this felon?

Posted by: Gary | Feb 1, 2008 10:09:53 AM

11. Why do people care what Ann Coulter thinks?
    I just don't get it.

I don't understand the Hillary hate either. She's a little annoying, but I think she honestly does want to help people.

Posted by: YourDecision2008 | Feb 1, 2008 10:29:20 AM

12. It isn't April Fool's Day yet (two months away). Coulter is an endorsement that Hillary won't want - AC is just a media whore, but she's totally irrelevant. Spot on Thomasina!

But to the woman of the hour... Hillary did brilliantly last night at the debate IMO (watched in on the net here in Dublin). Those of you waxing lyrical about Obama neglect how the sexy smile and doe-eyes disguises platitudes and soundbites. Hillary is vastly more experienced and in command of the issues. She will wipe the floor with whoever the GOP throws up as the candidate.

Political soapbox aside tho', this electoral race has to be one of the most interesting ones in years, and I'm really enjoying following it - cranks like AC and all!

Posted by: SeanR | Feb 1, 2008 10:29:26 AM

13. Oh, this one is easy to figure out. Just Ann's way of staying in the spotlight since her share of attention has been dying of late. Like an above poster said, she'll say or do anything to keep the cameras focused on herself. Shameless right wing hussy!

Posted by: johnny | Feb 1, 2008 10:30:58 AM

14. Pete,

I am a Hillary supporter and I say bad things about Obama everyday. I find him disingenuous, I find his rhetoric condescending and insulting, I find his policies weak and underdeveloped, I don't buy his preachy ticket, and if I hear him say "change" one more time I'm going to have an aneurysm. When he toured with that anti-gay preacher and then backpedaled to say he didn't endorse the anti-gay, or reform the gays, message, he lost me. He spoke out two sides of his mouth and ended up spewing blather. And I'm sick of the whining. Crying foul because the Clinton's are distorting his record? If he is the nominee, the Republicans are going to come at him 20 times as hard. I don't need a wet blanket crying foul when the Republicans go on the offensive.

All of this is, of course, my opinion, and I certainly respect that there are a lot of people out there that endorse and love Obama. I don't. I am not inspired by his fancy speech-writing and catch phrases. It turns me off. So I guess, Ann Coulter and I will be voting for the same candidate. Hot.

Posted by: David | Feb 1, 2008 10:32:26 AM

15. I agree with Pete. Go Hillary!

Posted by: Matt | Feb 1, 2008 10:32:50 AM

16. As someone who wrote a research project on how the media sensationalized every little thing in the Clinton Administration (and got an A on it from a devout progressive/communist), I feel that I can say that there is a definite media bias towards the Clintons. I will also say that they sometimes deserve it, but frankly, the whole subject of Clinton fatigue and electibility is ONLY an issue because the media has DRILLED it into our heads.

Of course, you can look at it both ways that there really isn't much else the press can throw at Hillary that hasn't already been said. The real problem here is the free pass that the press has given Obama. If you think the Republicans will not take the opportunity to chew him up with even the slightest hint of impropriety with the Tony Rezko's of the world, then you are sadly mistaken.

My final conclusions is that the Republicans are more afraid of Hillary, hence, I think, Coulter's endorsement of her.

Posted by: NickinIndy | Feb 1, 2008 10:37:24 AM

17. Dittos to Thomasina. Although, interestingly enough, I believe most of what Coulter is saying here to actually be true for a change - I certainly believe that Hillary is smarter than McCain, and I believe that she lies less often than he does, and that she'd be better fighting terrorism (simply because she'd actually think about things instead of blindly pressing forward). I do not, of course, believe she's more conservative than John McCain.

This is a talking point that's coming down from Rush and others, who don't like McCain one bit because he's "liberal." I'm not entirely sure why they think so - perhaps McCain-Feingold got under their craw.

I have no doubt that the MSM, on the whole, has a bias against Hillary. Fox is Fox, they have alwasy been thus and ever will be, so it's useless talking about them. CNN is, of course, completely inept in almost everything they do. One simply had to watch the debate last night to understand why - While both candidates were articulate and performed very well, the same cannot be said for Wolfie. MSNBC, my favourite cable news network by far (marry me, Keith!), has the three-headed monster of crazy Joe Scarborough, addled Tim Russert, and misogynist Chris Matthews, the latter two of whom frequently hijack political discussions as much as possible.

Am I saying all members of the media have an anti-Hillary bias? Of course not. Am I claiming that those who seem to have such a bias get an awful lot of airtime? Yes.

But even aside from that, there's a soft bias that happens here. I've met Hillary. I've talked with her. She's incredibly warm and passionate and intelligent. "Crocodile tears"? Why would we even think that? Because the MSM focused its attention on it - they had debates about whether the tears (which weren't even tears - her eyes simply moistened slightly during a particularly emotional moment) were calculated, whether they were real or fake. How incredibly preposterous. And how absurd to think that somehow Obama is any more genuine than any other candidate for president. As appealing as he is, he's just another politician, just one who was lucky enough not to have been elected to a federal job when the vote on the Iraq war happened.

Pete up above is right - I'm proud to support Hillary, because I think she'll be better, ultimately, for gay rights than Obama. That, and I'm invested in having a woman president. These, of course, are not the only reasons, but I'm not going to enumerate them all for you here. That said, I think Obama is a terrific candidate and would likely make an excellent president. I happen to think Hillary would be better.

The point is, both Obama and Hillary are better by leaps and bounds than anyone the republicans field. We all have to remember this - while we can all be very passionate about our candidate, whoever wins the nomination *needs* our support in November. We *cannot* let the democratic party become exactly what Coultergheist is doing here - if our candidate doesn't win the nomination, we mustn't vote for the dark side nor (worse yet) not vote at all. Even Obama supporters have to admit that four years of Hillary would be better than four years of McCain (which, remember, equals 100+ years in Iraq).

Posted by: arkadin | Feb 1, 2008 10:39:00 AM

18. Well, hush my mouth, I never thought I'd hear this one from the hate monger.

Posted by: Sebastian | Feb 1, 2008 10:39:28 AM

19. Doesn't anyone else think Dan Abrams is HOT?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I had to think happy thoughts after the initial Coultergeist account...

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Feb 1, 2008 11:00:21 AM

20. Yes, I think Dan Abrams is hot.

I also think Anne Coulter has a deformed scrotum.

Posted by: LD | Feb 1, 2008 11:10:05 AM

21. arkadin..., (you took the words right out of my mouth...), GREAT POST, IMO...

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Feb 1, 2008 11:14:28 AM

22. Ooops. Obviously, a lot of children, several of them queens, have been left behind.

Ever hear of the "Trojan Horse," people? Well, Coulter just pulled it into the campaign and many of you are going to sleep while the secret door of the horse opens and her real intent sneaks out which is to drive votes not away from McCain but from Hillary.

Her kiss for Hillary is no less deadly because it's fake. Coulter's been a professional, that is she's made a living from, attacking the Clintons forever. She's called Hillary a dyke and Bill [and Gore and Edwards, of course] a fag.

She knows that if she says "good" things about Hillary, she's creating her very own guilt by association hit on her. And, I'd bet that she suspects, as I do, that the group that hates Coulter the most are gays—except for Cyd Outsports and probably Partisan Crain, of course.

One minute she's saying Hillary's secretly a dyke which drives homos away from Clinton and the next she's saying that she likes her which drives homos away from Clinton. Right before Super Tuesday when in some urban locales, such as SF, the number of gay voters equals if not surpasses black voters [whom she, of course, racist that she is, assumes will automatically vote for Obama because they're too stupid to think beyond race].

Note how she implied that Hillary was FOR torture. Note how she slipped Hillary the tongue of political death by claiming Hillary had a multiple orgasm when Bush mentioned the surge, thus smearing Hillary again with the false pro-Iraq label while reminding voters without even having to say it that Obama is supposedly her direct opposite. The fact he wasn't even in the US Senate when the first vote was taken is ignored.

Some of you have just been played with one of the oldest Republican tricks in the book. If X is for Y then voters will run to Z. Coulter will volunteer for Clinton. Cute. During the Watergate hearings, testimony revealed that Nixon's campaign team paid people to dress like "antiwar hippies" and go to Nixon rallys, you read that right, carrying anti-Nixon / pro his opponent signs, yell epithets at him, etc. Talk of polarization in the US now contrasted with then is ludicrous, and Nixon played the "Silent Majority's" knee jerk "patriotism" and fear and hatred for anybody who didn't dress and act and speak like parochial school children like a violin.

Coulter's not trying to drive votes away from McCain, she's trying to drive votes away from Hillary and to Barack because she knows that, unlike him, Hillary would wipe debate and interview floors with the issue-shallow, ever-more doddering guy's white-haired head. She'll grab his shrinking balls and never let go, trumping his moldy, cliched "patriotism" with details, details, details, and the image of a younger WOMAN representing dare I say change running against the poster boy for the 50s White Boy Establishment.

And THAT's what Coulter REALLY believes. Her kind of Republican fascist only cares about one thing: STAYING IN POWER. The real core of her/their hatred for the Clintons is that he ripped a second term away from George Bush pere. Four years after Saint Ronnie left the throne of his "revolution" those young, upstart, liberated problack, progay, proabortion Clintons knocked it off its tracks. If you think I exaggerate: Google the claims that incoming Bush II workers found the White House purposely trashed by vacating Clintonites. A literal attack on "those kind of people"—except it wasn't true.

They hated Hillary from day one because she refused to be Little Mamie Eisenhower or Little Nancy Reagan smiling silently, sweetly up at her man. That bitterness about having the country taken away from them after 12 years of believing it finally officially belonged to them [remember even Barack salutes Reagan's gifts] and raw sexism ignited their Hillary Hatred that still burns today; yes, where Coulter's heart should be, too.

The saddest thing is how many gays are still deepthroating it whole.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Feb 1, 2008 11:17:54 AM

23. Should have read, "One minute she's saying Hillary's secretly a dyke which drives homophobes away from Clinton and the next she's saying that she likes her which drives homos away from Clinton."

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Feb 1, 2008 11:24:30 AM

24. Please stop giving Ms. Coulter any attention.

Posted by: JJ | Feb 1, 2008 11:26:37 AM

25. Seems to me that Man Coulter is going all Brittany Spears on us, you know, bipolar and incapable of caring for herself. Not that Coulter was ever sane in the first place but, clearly, she's going further off the deep end than ever before...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Feb 1, 2008 11:28:53 AM