Daniel Radcliffe | Kiss | London | News | Theatre

BigGayDeal.com

Daniel Radcliffe Caught in Man-on-Man Kiss Ambush at Awards Show

Radcliffe1

Daniel Radcliffe won the "Newcomer of the Year" prize at the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers’ Choice Awards at the Lyric Theatre in London on Sunday night. The awards was less of a shock for Radcliffe than what happened when he went to go collect it:

"But no one was more surprised than the actor himself when, as he approached the microphone to give his acceptance speech, Awards co-host James Corden passionately – and to wild applause – locked lips with him. Before he said his thank-yous, Radcliffe confessed to having a 'Madonna and Britney Spears' flashback."

Radcliffe2 Radcliffe3 Radcliffe4

Radcliffe appeared somewhat stunned by the advance but eventually seemed to take it in stride - see the full clip AFTER THE JUMP...

The "kiss" appears just after the 3:00 mark. It really looked like the host was not going to let go.

Previously
Harry Potter Does Drag for Manila Gay Bar [tr]
Daniel Radcliffe: Dumbledore "Camping it Up" on Harry Potter Set [tr]
Daniel Radcliffe on Playing Gay [tr]
Harry Potter Producer: Daniel Radcliffe Unquestionably Straight [tr]
Daniel Radcliffe Equus Promos [tr]

Comments

1. I couldn't find a hint of the scene shown in the stills for the video either on YouTube or on the official site, but either way, the host should be completely ashamed of himself and apologize. His actions were absolutely unnecessary and rude. Daniel Radcliffe really has shown a great deal of character by not responding poorly but he had every right to kick tubby in the 'nads for being such a queef.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Feb 25, 2008 2:14:51 PM

2. Okay, finally saw it. I must've blinked the first time and I stand by what I said earlier. Who IS that douchebag?

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Feb 25, 2008 2:18:22 PM

3. Perez Hilton needs to keep his grubby hands off my Daniel Radcliffe!

Posted by: peterparker | Feb 25, 2008 2:21:02 PM

4. Let me rephrase that. I KNOW Cordon's a UK celebutard AND all about the gay rumors, but WTF? Planned entertainment? "...wild applause..."?

And if Madonna's kiss with Britney was any foreshadowing of events to come...LOOK OUT DANIEL!

Posted by: FizzkiekruntNT | Feb 25, 2008 2:26:57 PM

5. How old is Radcliffe, 18? 19? He's very savvy for such a young guy.

Posted by: pablo | Feb 25, 2008 4:10:37 PM

6. That didn't even look like a kiss. It looked like the host was searching for something inside Radcliff's mouth with his tongue for like 20 seconds.

Posted by: Wes | Feb 25, 2008 5:22:20 PM

7. Um, isn't that assault? I mean, if say Rush Limbaugh did that to Jennifer Aniston, wouldn't there be outrage?

Posted by: dattexas | Feb 25, 2008 6:50:35 PM

8. That was disgusting. Even as a gay man, I'd press charges. That is not acceptable behavior under any circumstances.

Posted by: Iko | Feb 25, 2008 7:30:42 PM

9. Mr. Radcliffe appears, to me, to have been assaulted by the presenter. Too bad he didn't slap the man back into reality.

Posted by: Obmitar | Feb 25, 2008 7:47:56 PM

10. Daniel should have smacked this guy. I'm actually gay and i would not appreciate someone fishing for my tonsils whom I was not interested. To do that to a (presumably) straight Daniel is beyond ridiculous. It probably is legally assault. Completely uncalled for, not funny, not entertaining. But i guess if you're an old perv and you see your shot at smooching Daniel, you go for it-- if you've got no morals.

Gross. Two guys kissing is not gross. One guy assaulting another with a kiss -- gross.

Posted by: Keith | Feb 25, 2008 11:36:36 PM

11. I see no evidence of tongue. It could have been staged for all we know.

I'm not defending lecherous old trolls assaulting young men, but the British tend to be more open-minded about such things. Ever seen Little Britain or Catherine Tate?

That said, I feel sorry for Daniel. Though at the same time, he posed as a leather daddy's dream son in Details just a few months back...

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 26, 2008 1:16:27 AM

12. FYI the host is straight. He's just uber-gay friendly, and likes to 'shock'. As does Daniel Radcliffe (see Equus). The host was on tv the other day and someone said something blase about not liking gay-people, and he grabbed the guy by the ear and literally dragged the asshole off the the tv set and physically THREW him out of the show - I loved it!

Posted by: Luke | Feb 26, 2008 3:49:20 AM

13. He wasn't trying to get away. Infact, AFTER the guy ran his hands through Daniel's hair, Daniel put his arm around him... he didn't push him off.

Posted by: justme | Feb 26, 2008 12:57:03 PM

14. daniel radcliiffe for me is not gay...

Posted by: ariz jasper | Nov 18, 2008 2:51:57 AM