Madonna | Magazines | News

Madonna Doesn't Need an Excuse to See Timberlake's Butt

Madonnavf2

Here's the cover of Vanity Fair's new Green Issue, featuring Madonna. Maybe they told M-Dolla the "Green" issue was about money.

She called in to Z100 yesterday and said she wouldn't be singing some of her past hits ever again unless she got a lot of it: "I'm not sure I can sing 'Holiday' or 'Like A Virgin' ever again. I just can't – unless somebody paid me like $30 million or something. [Like if] some Russian guy wants me to come to the wedding he's going to have to a 17-year-old, you know it."

She also told the hosts why she administered a B-12 shot to Justin Timberlake's hind quarters when they were recording Hard Candy:

"First of all, I've seen enough butt ... The reason I gave him a B-12 [shot] is because we only had a certain amount of days in the studio and I didn't want him to use that as a lame-ass excuse not to come to work. Okay? It's got nothing to do with butt. I promise you. Listen, I don't need to give him a shot to see his butt. Duh."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously
Does Madonna Now Want to be Known as 'M-Dolla'? [tr]
First Look: Madonna Hard Candy Album Cover [tr]
Vegas Man Spends 4 Months Authenticating Madonna 'Sex' Photo [tr]

Comments

1. Fax comes into Madonna's office...." Seems everyone is all cranky that you are into making money these days. Run with this concept. Pie charts and econosocial graphics will be sent via PDF to your account."

Posted by: Randy | Mar 28, 2008 9:09:19 AM

2. I love the woman and her incredible, exhausting staying power, but, lord, has she always been in a state of arrested development!

Posted by: madge rox | Mar 28, 2008 9:47:05 AM

3. She's become a boring old dip-shit!

Posted by: john | Mar 28, 2008 10:09:34 AM

4. John...you must be young, you HAVE to say that about anyone over the age of 29...and I must be, oh yeah, you guessed it....29

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Mar 28, 2008 10:27:40 AM

5. Fierceness is always welcome! Love that cover.

Posted by: Neal | Mar 28, 2008 10:37:53 AM

6. I thought it was a funny, silly interview. Very old-school Madonna attitude and approach. She even sounded like Michigan via New York City for a change.

Posted by: Ben | Mar 28, 2008 10:51:05 AM

7. I love her so.

Posted by: ridwah | Mar 28, 2008 11:14:58 AM

8. I too love Madonna. I love the fact that she likes to make money (because no woman should be proud of making money, the horror!). I love her music and think she is fierce. I'm not so sure I'm gonna like the new album, but it's okay. I'll wait for the next one.

Posted by: junior | Mar 28, 2008 11:39:24 AM

9. Madonna, you've kept yourself relevant in a way that many of the major stars from your era haven't. Great. But, lots of money to sing Holiday or Like a Virgin? Come On! Your fans want to hear new AND old stuff. Can you think about us for a second?

Posted by: Brandon | Mar 28, 2008 12:33:09 PM

10. Amazing cover! So glad she reunited with Steen Meisel.

The interview was cute, but some people obviously chose not to listen, or are just willfully stupid. She was being completely faceteous when she siad she would only sing "Like a virgin/holiday" for 30 million. Some people just need to find fault with this woman.

Posted by: michael | Mar 28, 2008 12:42:26 PM

11. "Unbowed. Uncowed"?

BIG OL' COW!

Hate the bitch. Always have.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 28, 2008 2:30:28 PM

12. She won't sing Holiday or Like A Virgin because she probably isn't capable of singing them anymore. I've heard her live, yuck!

Posted by: JLS | Mar 28, 2008 3:26:21 PM

13. Madonna seems to generate more divisive commentary on this site than Obama and Clinton combined! I love it.

Posted by: Ben | Mar 28, 2008 5:42:35 PM

14. yet another image you guys have posted all distorted!!!!!! get the sizing correct. what is your issue?

Posted by: mike | Mar 28, 2008 6:19:29 PM

15. yet another image you guys have posted all distorted!!!!!! get the sizing correct. what is your issue?

Posted by: mike | Mar 28, 2008 6:19:31 PM

16. Madonna Rips Off Kylie Again

Posted by: anonymous | Mar 28, 2008 8:42:38 PM

17. If you hate Madonna so much, why take the time to read the story and post?

The asylum called, their missing a couple of psychos!

Posted by: Marc | Mar 28, 2008 9:01:18 PM

18. Hey Anonymous, those links you posted are a couple of the funniest things I have almost EVER read.

I see no comparison between the 2 album covers and the one where they've cropped out the crotch shot was even funnier.

It's not a pic of her snatch, she IS clothed you idiot.

Sounds like you could use a few good crotches in your life, like SERIOUSLY !
    Come on !

Posted by: Marc | Mar 28, 2008 9:07:30 PM

19. Her fifteen minutes were up 15 years ago.....Tired tired tired.

Posted by: Tex | Mar 29, 2008 7:04:15 AM

20. What does Tex listen to ?

Posted by: Marc | Mar 29, 2008 2:07:53 PM

21. "Love this "hot"new look...

Posted by: Lew | Mar 29, 2008 8:23:04 PM

22. It's true, Fierce is now EXPIRED!

Posted by: Tim | Mar 30, 2008 1:20:39 PM

23. Fierce new look? Are you serious? I think she needs and "excuse" why she looks like a praying mantis and can't move her entire upper face.

No work indeed.

Especially since her "new' album is produced by the producer that is producing the entire pop chart. So we have Vadge sounding just like everyone else. That should make the Rhianna loving gays happy. More of the same formulaic bullshit masquerading as music.

Posted by: Br!on | Mar 31, 2008 4:01:54 PM