Barack Obama | Election 2008 | Hillary Clinton | John McCain | News | Sports | Wrestling

Deciding the Democratic Nomination in the WWE Ring

Screw Pennsylvania. The WWE's Raw let the candidates have a go at it last night. Even Bill showed up for a little action.

Watch pre-taped messages from the candidates themselves, which are just as amusing as the clip above, AFTER THE JUMP...

And for fairness' sake, they let John McCain get a word in too.

(via new york magazine daily intelligencer)

Comments

1. that was nothing but disturbing.

Posted by: tofer david | Apr 22, 2008 10:39:39 AM

2. well, if we are using the raslin' (it is not wrestling) metaphor, is it not obvious that hillary can wipe up the floor with the neophyte and the geezer?

Posted by: nic | Apr 22, 2008 10:42:55 AM

3. Well, yes, NIC, but girlfriend just can't seem to make it to the final match.

Voted this morning. Some folks are going to have to take their time with the ballot (picking their guy's delegates). Of course, Philly is pure Obama country. I wonder what the turn out in western PA will be like? They don't like Barack, but they're not crazy about Hillary either. I guess they are the last bastion of conservative Democrats. I thought we got rid of those.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 22, 2008 11:04:13 AM

4. Actually it should be decided on "America's Top Model."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 22, 2008 11:25:23 AM

5. Derrick,

Could you vote again during your lunch break? And after work, too?

Posted by: 24play | Apr 22, 2008 11:36:34 AM

6. good on you for voting, DERRICK. tho, from one conscientious faggot to another, i knew that you would. i trust you voted for the white gal. lmao!

as i have said and iterated then reiterated, i can live with either. obama is a smart, sexy, capable man. but, i dunno, it seems to me that hillary is just as smart and made of sterner stuff.

nevertheless, it's good that some of us can be engaged, yet maintain a sense of humor over this birthing process.

Posted by: nic | Apr 22, 2008 12:05:58 PM

7. I've been on the phone all day with friends in Philly getting them on Hills side...I had to promise I'd visit this Summer but I loves me some Philly in the Summertime so no loss...

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 22, 2008 1:13:09 PM

8. "loves me some Philly in the summertime..."

Philadelphia in the summer? Isn't that where you catch the casino bus to Atlantic City?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 22, 2008 1:46:32 PM

9. NIC

Don't quote me on this :-)

In a fist fight I would probably prefer Hillary by my side.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Apr 22, 2008 2:29:08 PM

10. now I remember why I stopped watching wrestling 6 years ago...

wtf was that?!

Posted by: Michelle | Apr 22, 2008 2:41:21 PM

11. JIMMYBOYO, I really did lol on that! Bless you.

Posted by: nic | Apr 22, 2008 3:33:42 PM

12. :-)

NIC

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Apr 22, 2008 4:06:08 PM

13. where to go from here? hillary keeps trouncing barack in the major states. barack wins the caucuses in the red states. he outspent her in PA 3 to 1, and still lost by 10 points.

this is lunacy. if this were a republican-style primary, instead of the tortuous democratic one, she would've had the nod by now. the dems need to work on this. i presume that the party elders who set up this byzantine, labyrinthine process are bouncing their heads off concrete walls.

anyone who does not agree that this primary has been patently unfair, has no moral authority to denounce hillary. if one were to watch late-night TV monologues, it would become apparent that hillary is fair game, while obama is inviolable. i am sick of the pantsuit jokes. much more than that, i am sick of the pervasive sexist idea that hillary is a public punching bag. and much, much, more than that we, of all people, should be sensitive to the shameless bashing. somewhere, somehow it became OK to slam white women. that is a dismal turn of events. is it white guilt that allows this violence while giving obama a free ride? we need to search our souls.

despite everything thrown at/against her, she comes back. she's my girl.

Posted by: nic | Apr 23, 2008 2:37:01 AM