Christmas | Divine | Film | John Waters | News

Johnny Knoxville and Parker Posey to Eat John Waters' Fruitcake

Fruitcake

Johnny Knoxville and Parker Posey have signed on for John Waters' Christmas movie Fruitcake, says The Hollywood Reporter:

"The plot is officially under wraps but is said to center on the title character, a boy named after his favorite dessert. He runs away from home during the holidays after he and his parents are caught shoplifting meat, then meets up with a runaway girl raised by two gay men and searching for her birth mother. This Is That Prods. and Killer Films are producing "Fruitcake," which once was set up at New Line. ThinkFilm is said to be in talks to come aboard."

Of course, it'll be hard to top the best John Waters Christmas clip ever.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

That's Divine, of course, in Female Trouble...

Comments

1. I've met John Waters abotu 5 times...had very unique experiences, he is fun when he is out and about. Im a HUGE fan of Mr. Waters. glad there is a new fim ....

Posted by: Bosie | May 8, 2008 6:27:46 PM

2. There's only ONE John Waters! God bless his wild & crazy heart.

Posted by: Hephaestion | May 8, 2008 7:28:45 PM

3. Delicious! For once in the history of mankind, there will be a holiday "Fruitcake" worth eating. My gays and I ADORE John Waters. Can't wait!

Posted by: Why We Love the Gays | May 8, 2008 7:34:18 PM

4. I hope there's a documentary crew on the set to film Parker directing John.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 8, 2008 7:39:31 PM

5. Looks like my typical xmas with the rents.

Posted by: davefromtampa | May 8, 2008 7:59:31 PM

6. Love Parker Posey. She is great.

Posted by: Chad | May 8, 2008 11:37:14 PM

7. As long as I get my chacha heels, I will be happy!

Posted by: Scott | May 9, 2008 2:04:37 AM

8. I don't know for sure, but I've heard this is going to be more of a children's story which I think would be wonderful! To me, such a digression would be akin to Lynch's _The Straight Story_. Not that a children's story would be that big of a stretch for Waters - I think _Pecker_, for example, is a really sweet movie that still has his name stamped (stomped?) all over it. ;)

As gonzo as you would expect his directing style, John Waters is incredibly disciplined, organized, and motivated. The shoot for _Pecker_ was one of the shortest I've seen and he turned that in on-time and within budget. People who had never worked with him before were shocked because they expected him to be as messed up as Dawn Davenport. (Or at least Francine Fishpaw.)

Posted by: Rey | May 9, 2008 8:53:30 AM

9. FULL OF GRACE!

Posted by: alan | May 9, 2008 1:00:02 PM

10. My friend Dan always said that "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" is his favorite Christmas movie.

Posted by: Mike Friedman | May 9, 2008 2:24:33 PM