California | Gay Marriage | Jay Leno | Mark Cornelsen | News | T.R. Knight

BigGayDeal.com

T.R. Knight Surprised His Boyfriend Was Into Him

Knightcorn

At yesterday's mass commitment ceremony in West Hollywood, Knight talked to Extra about his boyfriend Mark Cornelsen: "We've only been together for six months, so I think it's a little soon to consider marriage. It's bound to raise some eyebrows, but we love each other. He's an amazing guy. I was surprised he was interested! Even though he's not ready to tie the knot, Knight plans to do so someday. I think it's very important to honor marriage. I take it very seriously. And I'm glad I can finally take it seriously."

In related news, GLAAD thanked Jay Leno for his support in West Hollywood Wednesday night.

Comments

1. I'm sure being rich (relative to him) and famous had NOTHING to do with it. T.R. just stop. You're hitting some young tail and yes, we wish it was us, but let's keep it real shall we?

Posted by: Mario | Jun 6, 2008 10:26:51 AM

2. I know why he was interested!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: Matt | Jun 6, 2008 10:36:04 AM

3. Take a lesson from Marilyn (playing Lorelei Lee in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes) and give this guy a break:

"Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?"

Posted by: The Milkman | Jun 6, 2008 10:40:07 AM

4. does anyone know what Knight and his boyfriend are wearing around their necks? What it is? and where can it be purchased?

Posted by: Vince | Jun 6, 2008 10:54:48 AM

5. So Vince, you like tacky jewelry? Can I interest you in a rainbow colored bottle of Vodka as well?

Posted by: Matt | Jun 6, 2008 10:59:10 AM

6. Awww! Celebrities are just like us!

Posted by: Tweety | Jun 6, 2008 10:59:32 AM

7. Mario, PLEASE. DAMMIT cut them some slack. Money and celebrity probably has nothing to do with it, they love each other. I have been with a younger lover and still am, and it has not a thing to do with MONEY, and i am not a celebrity. Come on.

Posted by: SONNIE | Jun 6, 2008 11:16:04 AM

8. Vince-

I believe it's from Israeli Deigner Udi Behr's collectiion.

www.loveandpride.com

BEWARE- You might accidentally run into some Reichen pieces if you visit the site...

Posted by: daveynyc | Jun 6, 2008 11:17:21 AM

9. >>you like tacky jewelry?

I like circle pendants, but not as big. The large size shows up well in photographs, however, which may be why they wore such big ones.

Posted by: Anon | Jun 6, 2008 11:17:53 AM

10. From all the shade being thrown on TR you'd swear this place was "Datalounge."

I think it's very intelligent and responsible of the two of them not to rush into marriage just yet.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 6, 2008 11:22:35 AM

11. GLAAD is going to regret thanking Leno when the CA amendment is put to a vote and Jay can't control his funny boner on the air. Word.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jun 6, 2008 11:32:56 AM

12. And as we older gents enter the twilight of our years stories like theirs are a delight, a comfy place in which to rest. Best wishes to both.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 6, 2008 12:31:14 PM

13. MONEY CELEBRITY DADDY YOUTH

Posted by: anon | Jun 6, 2008 12:33:25 PM

14. how old is Knight? why are we talking about him as if he's some silver fox daddy? he and his bf look close in age to me.

Posted by: Alex | Jun 6, 2008 12:43:25 PM

15. If nastiness and bitterness had odors, some of you would just plain ole reek.

Maybe he is into him because he's a sweet guy, or because he is a great conversationalist, or hot in bed, or kind, or a million other positive affirming reasons.

What do some of you thrive on being such toxic cunts? You are so damn sad.

Posted by: Anon | Jun 6, 2008 12:49:22 PM

16. Damn! u fags are fucking bitter!!! T.R. and Mark are a lovely couple. Jealous much....

Posted by: Dakota | Jun 6, 2008 12:56:08 PM

17. Y'know, there's no shortage of ugly, twisted commentary on this site lately. Every single item Andy posts here there's at least one nasty, horrible person who takes there own bitter disappointments out on the rest of us.

Sorry, Andy, but these nuts have taken your once fun and informative site and turned it into one long, whiny diatribe. With all the powers-that-be lined up against us, we are proving to be our own worst enemy.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Jun 6, 2008 2:51:06 PM

18. um, this is Hollywood and a TV celebrity we're talking about. after doing some research I believe there's a 17 yo age difference between them. the kid just started college for Pete's sake. I'm as old as Knight and I cannot imagine dating someone that young.

it's possible it's all lovey dovey and wonderful, but it's not unreasonable for people to wonder if fame and money play a part in this equation.

Posted by: Alex | Jun 6, 2008 3:40:15 PM

19. Vince, it's a washer on a string. Try Home Depot! ;)

Posted by: Matt | Jun 6, 2008 4:17:58 PM

20. 17 year age difference? No Thanks. 5 is just right, and the best ones are over 40, passed the "I'm so hot" stage.

Posted by: Ty | Jun 6, 2008 8:11:32 PM

21. If he were unemployed and had $20 to his name, I'd still be interested (and yes, I'm aware that being female I'm not exactly in his preferred category).
    Conversely, there are a lot of multimilionaires that I wouldn't consider having dinner with. There are a lot of things that are more important that money- and in a relationship, I can only hope those things are what matter.

Posted by: Laura | Jun 6, 2008 8:13:26 PM