Books | Christopher Ciccone | Madonna | News

BigGayDeal.com

Christopher Ciccone Talks More About His Life with Madonna

Ciccone

Yesterday Good Morning America broadcast the second part (here's Part 1 if you missed it) of their interview with Christopher Ciccone on his book Life with My Sister Madonna. Ciccone claims that the mythology that Madonna arrived penniless in New York is a farce perpetuated by her, and reveals that a turning point in their relationship came when she surprised him with cameras at their mother's gravesite while shooting Truth or Dare and he realized their mother was just "a bit part" in Madonna's life.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Gawd, I couldn't even get past the 1 minute mark... he's such a douche.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 16, 2008 10:03:08 AM

2. I'm a little unclear as to why I should give a flying f--k what this person has to say. For that matter, I've always been unclear as to why I should give a flying f--k about his sister either.

Posted by: Jeff | Jul 16, 2008 10:12:38 AM

3. "After the facelift, *snicker*"

Oh, my dear Christopher. The hit squad is coming for you, and you will always be in my prayers.

But do keep the hits coming!

Posted by: banjiboi | Jul 16, 2008 10:14:47 AM

4. they are both very talented, and of course everyone's truth is always alittle streched...so no judgement....i et him once at a party in WeHo, he was very nice to me. I began reading the book, the book is much better to read the media makes the book sound very different from what it is....

Posted by: bosie | Jul 16, 2008 10:15:43 AM

5. OH NO HE DID'T! Chris is a big JERK! Honey, everyone has family issues. I know that my family issues would be a great reality TV show! Miss Christine Ciccone is out for money honey and to trash our beloved goddess - Madge.

Miss Christine, find yourself a good therapist instead of a hungry publicist.

Posted by: LHinNC | Jul 16, 2008 10:18:00 AM

6. Ciccone is shady to put it lightly but he gets it right when discussing Madge posing and rolling around on her mother's grave as a photo op for "Truth or Dare". I remember watching the scene and thinking, "Wow, that's sick."

I'm not alone. Julie Brown recalled how Madonna first reacted when she saw MEDUSA: DARE TO BE TRUTHFUL: "At first I heard she really liked it. Then I heard she didn't like the scene where I rolled around on my dog's grave. She'd rolled around on her mother's—like that wasn't offensive enough? Then she didn't like the scene with the dancers suing me, because that really happened to her."

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jul 16, 2008 10:18:19 AM

7. I wish Madonona would just go away. I'm really no longer interested. Why is it we're supposed to like her anymore anyway?

Posted by: john | Jul 16, 2008 10:21:55 AM

8. HEY jeff (Above) You give a shit because 1) She is the Queen of pop 2)You like the gossip and trash someone who has talent JUST because she is a woman....3) You posted a comment after all, right?
    4) REGARDLESS what we say and how many times we trash her and say bad things about her...SHE STILL the queen of pop after 25yrs.....elvis got fat and died, prince got weird, michael jackson...well we all know what happened. and the rest of artist well, they are mediocre...its isnt cool just to open your mouth and trash someone just because u have no talent or are ugly LOL sucks huh

Posted by: Bosie | Jul 16, 2008 10:24:56 AM

9. She is THE QUEEN OF POP....& always WILL BE..regardless what some boring talenteless people might say...

Posted by: anonymous | Jul 16, 2008 10:27:32 AM

10. Hey Bosie (above) I don't give a s**t about Madonna either anymore, and I used to be a huge fan. Sure I'll look at the gossip because it's like driving past a car wreck - it's there, you gawk. But it's a pathetic sight. She's a pathetic human being.

Posted by: AJ | Jul 16, 2008 10:31:04 AM

11. I do not think Madonna is humorLESS, but she definitely is humorCHALLENGED. She's never laughed at herself well. I see that as a comforting sign that she means what she's doing, she's not just having mindless fun and making money. Christopher IS a douche, and trying to have it both ways, claiming he'd never hurt Madonna, whom he loves, while making fun of her appearance, her mothering, her husband, her commitment to gay fans...how much more hurtful would he have to be in order to be unable to deny it? (Also, if Madonna on the grave—I found that scene to be indulgent and bordering on tasteless, too—changed them forever, why did that happen in 1991 yet he remained tight with her for another 10 years?)

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jul 16, 2008 10:34:03 AM

12. Where in the world is Julie Brown???

Posted by: banjiboi | Jul 16, 2008 10:34:41 AM

13. Not only do I not really give two pips about Christopher, Madonna fell off right around the time she started rocking the cowboy hat and the British accent.

Posted by: Derrick | Jul 16, 2008 10:35:42 AM

14. Hey BOSIE,

With all due, Prince was always a strange l'il purple flower. And the more talented of the "Big Three".

Posted by: banjiboi | Jul 16, 2008 10:37:56 AM

15. Family always comes first, but a million bucks comes firster.

Posted by: don | Jul 16, 2008 10:50:45 AM

16. With the book advance, at least Christopher will be able to easily afford the $354.50 for one ticket to his sister's Sticky & Sweet Tour with special guest, Shitney Smears.

"The Candy Shop VIP Package" which includes a lame-inated party pass, a bedazzled sweatshirt, and some watered down Zima is $579.50 per person. Barf.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jul 16, 2008 10:51:14 AM

17. given kabbalah ruined madonna. she no longer has the sense of humor she once had, and she's much more self-involved.

but he's starting to take things out of context. if one watches truth or dare, she explains that she wants to be buried as if lying with her mother. i think that's very touching imagery, and her private life (at that time) was synonymous with her public persona.

if something like that, conveyed as turning your mythologized mother into a bit part, changed your relationship, why on earth would one continue to accept jobs from your sister a decade after said incident?

christopher ciccone is a fucking whore. and a cunt. only a cunt would sell out their family.

Posted by: Ian | Jul 16, 2008 11:31:04 AM

18. "Miss Christine Ciccone is out for money honey and to trash our beloved goddess - Madge.
    Miss Christine, find yourself a good therapist instead of a hungry publicist"

LHINNC, you can't be serious. Madonna rolls around on her mother's grave for publicity and you think her BROTHER needs therapy???

Honey, if that's the definition of a "goddess" then I declare atheism!

Posted by: Q | Jul 16, 2008 11:36:57 AM

19. Guy Ritchie + kabbalah - her clearly jerkwad bitchy gay brother - the rest of her gay circle = the end of fun Madonna.

Posted by: Ben | Jul 16, 2008 11:40:06 AM

20. I heard that brother and sister worked on the book together; making sure it was released just in time for her tour. They are going to split the profits. Also they made up that story about A-Rod and the divorce. Whew, you really do not know these people and it is a waste of time trying to ascertain what is real and what is not.

1- Read the book if you like it that is real. Not the content of it but the fact you liked it. Remember James Frey, completely entertaining book but James had to screw it up by saying it was real.

2- Listen to her music if you like it that is real.

3- Go to her concert if you like it that is real.

Everything else is NOT real because you are not a part of their world and you never will be.

Posted by: Charles | Jul 16, 2008 11:44:01 AM

21. The only think more pathetic than writing this book is arguing about it on an Internet chat board.

Posted by: Jeff NYC | Jul 16, 2008 12:01:11 PM

22. Madonna is an attention whore. Negative or positive - it doesn't matter. She had a hand in this.

I actually can't believe this book and the A-Rod scandal coming right together is just a coincidence.

Posted by: Jason | Jul 16, 2008 12:03:33 PM

23. Haha, I'm not even gonna bother listening to this attention whore's claims, seems to me writing a book trying to bash your own sister just to feed off her fame is pretty damn low. Why even give him the time of day? There's not an effing reason to believe a word he says. Everything can be exaggerated, twisted, put out of context, and downright fabricated, which is what I'd expect written from a guy who seems like as much of a snake as this bitch.

Posted by: DONOVAN | Jul 16, 2008 12:09:53 PM

24. Jeez, you guys, lighten up. It's a fun summer beach read. You'll have forgotten it by the fall. Sheesh. Lots of drama queensaround here today.

Posted by: jjaabely | Jul 16, 2008 12:28:38 PM

25. SHE IS STILL HERE ISN'T SHE? hahah She is smart, hotter, and a genious than a few old queens on here.

FUNNY most of the queens on here pay judgement on the cash and how she is makign money, how he is makign money, kabbalah this and that....I'm sure the same queen would sale their mothers and their ownselves for just a piece of attention....after all we are a greedy, plastic and careless #1 nation in the world.

Posted by: Bosie | Jul 16, 2008 12:28:55 PM