Dennis Miller Has no Issue with Gay Marriage, Just Homophobic Terrorists

Miller

Comedian-turned-pundit Dennis Miller calls his political beliefs “eclectic pragmatism” in an interview with Politico:

“I’m a moderate in some degree because I have wildly swinging opinions but through some sort of ideological feng shui they end up in the middle. Some swing far to the left, others to the far right. I’m for the war, but I’m also for gay marriage. I don’t care if two folks with the same genitalia want to get hitched, I just don’t want some a—hole from another country coming over here and blowing up their wedding to make a political statement.”

Comments

1. Jimmyboyo says

The middle?

BS

If you ever have seen or heard him since the begining of the bush years = 100% repub neocon

Living in CA and wanting to resurrect his career in holywood? Of course he is pro gay marriage otherwise he would be DOA

What a neo-con bull shiter

2. Ty says

Gee thanks Dennis. I love it when straights get it right. I prefer not to genitalia shop, as I am comfortable with what I know.
    He is usually pretty unwatchable though….

3. Rad says

So, Dennis… terrorists wanting to make a religious statement only come from overseas?

I laud his sentiment, but Muslim extremists are not the ones shooting up gay-accepting churches.

4. peterparker says

JERAEEMIKE has a point. And most of the homophobic a-holes in THIS country that would love to blow up a gay wedding vote Republican. Right along with douchebag Dennis Miller.

5. says

I think the first line of this post should have read:
    “Comedian”-turned-pundit Dennis Miller…

The only reason he was ever even moderatly successful (I’m being generous) is that he was vaguely attractive 25 years ago and everyone was pretty hammered by the time SNL came on Saturday evenings.

6. Joe says

That’s interesting because I can’t think of a single bombing of something gay (like say, a gay bar in Atlanta) or any other terrorist act against gays (like church shootings or the burning of gay churches in America) that were carried out by “a–holes from another country”. As far as I know all of our anti-gay terrorists have been born and bred ‘murkans.

7. Michael Bedwell says

STILL a Size XXL asshat!!! And NB: photo in front of flag Photoshopped.

PS: has Obama succeeded in grabbing this ball back yet? Last I looked McShame was scoring with the “he was wrong about the surge” rant. SO NOT THE POINT and Americans need to be reminded about it! German concentration camps worked well, too, and they mastered the gas chambers disguised as showers thing. By McShame’s logic that makes genocide applause worthy.

Recently saw an Iraqi realistically answer the question, “Should the Americans withdraw?” Yes, he said, but only after they put back together the country they tore apart.

8. Disgusted American says

I used to really like Dennis Miller and his HOB specials/RANTS..but once I realized how FAR RIGHT he leaned…I was totally turned OFF and TUNED OUT! Interestinghow he says he’s FOR the WAR..Guess he doesn’t mind his kids/grandkids having to Pay-back this 10 Trillion dollar debt (brought to you BY the GOP)..or Dennis, how about the GOP trying to Legislate your daughter Uterus?

9. Disgusted American says

Sorry FIXED spelling:

I used to really like Dennis Miller and his HBO specials/RANTS..but once I realized how FAR RIGHT he leaned…I was totally Turned OFF and TUNED OUT! Interesting how he says he’s all FOR the WAR..Guess he doesn’t mind his kids/grandkids having to Pay-back this 10 Trillion dollar debt (brought to you BY the GOP)..or Dennis, how about the GOP trying to Legislate your daughter’s Uterus?

10. the queen says

… never cared for him and knew nothing of his politics until now but of course everybody here is right: it’s not the muslim terrorists gays have to worry about it’s our own homegrown merkuns… so maybe the war is working… ha…. the irony of it all…

11. Chad says

Dennis MIller is still a rightwing conservative pig and the fact that he is for gay marriage doesnt change the fact that he supports and votes for all the people that are violently against gay rights of any sort.

12. JD says

You guys are so fickle. I am so glad to be single so I don’t have to deal with this drama from anyone in my bed. He is supporting us! You are all ranting on the comment about blowing up a gay wedding–it was a joke that incorporated his support for gay people getting married. Give it a rest, crazies and be happy someone who isn’t so far left that they only support things for attention thinks we should have the right to marry.

13. Kathleen says

Well I suppose those fanatics Dennis is talking about are too busy hanging gays in place like Iran.

Trust me, if they had the chance they would do it here.

14. Michael says

He’s “FOR” the war but not quite for it enough to go and put his life on the line … much rather stay stateside and spew his hateful rants … for me there is always a problem with hate comedy, it seems that the hate always overshadows the comedy …