California | Gay Marriage | News

BigGayDeal.com

CA GOP State Senator Tom McClintock: Gays Don't Deserve Marriage

State Senator Tom McClintock, who is "locked in a tight race for Congress" with Democrat Charlie Brown, made his positions clear on two separate ballot measures yesterday, the L.A. Times reports:

McclintockSaid McClintock on Prop 8:

"Lincoln asked, 'If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? The answer is four. Calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it one. And calling a homosexual partnership a marriage doesn’t make it one."

And on Prop 2, which prohibits confining hens, pigs and calves in small cages that prevent extension of their limbs, he said:

"Sorry, but farm animals are food, not friends. Plan on somewhat happier cows and much higher grocery bills if this one passes."

Donate to the 'No on Prop 8' campaign HERE.

Comments

1. does someone know this guy's opponents website? I'd like to donate to his campaign to make sure this jerk McClintock isn't reelected.

Posted by: RR | Oct 22, 2008 12:59:39 PM

2. What a vile person. Election time always makes me feel ill.

Posted by: Wes | Oct 22, 2008 12:59:43 PM

3. To RR:
    I think this is it:
    www.charliebrownforcongress.org

Posted by: hannah | Oct 22, 2008 1:09:08 PM

4. Clearly, calling Tom McClintock "reasoned" or "intelligent" doesn't make it so.

Posted by: Niel | Oct 22, 2008 1:10:02 PM

5. You can spit on Tom here: http://www.tommcclintock.com/contact/

Posted by: Brendan | Oct 22, 2008 1:12:24 PM

6. Yes, Tom moved to no. california as he could no longer get elected in so. california.
    Would be great to see him defeated by Charlie Brown - hehe!

Posted by: rick | Oct 22, 2008 1:16:45 PM

7. Straight people don't deserve marriage. They have obviously completely messed up the institution.

I wish someone would come along with the balls to do what really needs top be done: get government out of the business of marrying ANYONE. Let's see how quick straight people are to reconsider when you tell them they have to get married in a religious ceremony to actually be consider 'married.' If you're going to bar anyone from calling it marriage based on the story that it's against tradition, I guess every marriage ever performed by a judge is just a civil union.

Posted by: MT | Oct 22, 2008 1:19:01 PM

8. I'm just as repulsed by his comments about treatment of farm animals as I am about his comments about gays.

Posted by: Wes | Oct 22, 2008 1:24:07 PM

9. I think this guy has some sort of farm animal fetish.

Posted by: Will | Oct 22, 2008 1:25:33 PM

10. Every now and then you run across a Nazi in America who doesn't try to hide it. Well, it is possible that some of his constituents who don't give a damn about gay people's civil rights DO care about farm animals. Maybe his bigotry towards farm animals will do him in. Maybe Republican women like farm animals...compared to how they feel about gays. Sarah Palin might shoot a moose but never never a defenseless cow.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 22, 2008 1:41:25 PM

11. The Right is not.

Posted by: Michael | Oct 22, 2008 1:58:12 PM

12. What a douche!

If anyone is going to donate to his opponent, make sure you do it in McLintock's name.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Oct 22, 2008 2:11:45 PM

13. MT, marriage is the goevrnment's business and always has been, as I explain here --

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 22, 2008 2:13:14 PM

14. I felt 'moved' to contact McClintock:

"I just read Tom's enlightened commentary re: Props 2 & 8.

I'm not a constituent, but his words moved me to action.

I donated $100 to Charlie Brown in Tom's name."

So I lied about the donation... so SUE me!

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Oct 22, 2008 2:21:43 PM

15. Bigotry towards farm animals?

Posted by: anon | Oct 22, 2008 2:32:21 PM

16. You can donate here to his opponent, Charlie Brown, who is a moderate, no-nonsense, career military Democrat that has nevertheless taken a principled stand that he would vote against Prop. 8 precisely because government has no business in these issues:

Posted by: anon | Oct 22, 2008 3:34:44 PM

17. Tom McClintock has a nick name here in California. He's known as the "beady eyed weasel..."

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Oct 22, 2008 4:06:01 PM

18. What a despicable character!

Posted by: JJ | Oct 22, 2008 4:29:19 PM

19. I sent him an e-mail. If he wants to quote Lincoln to enhance the veracity of his bigotry, how about a paraphrase of Ben Franklin:

Calling a lifetime committed relationship between two consenting adults anything other than "marriage" is rather like calling an Ox a Bull: He's grateful for the honor, but he'd rather have restored what's rightfully his.

Posted by: Jeff Kurtti | Oct 22, 2008 5:53:00 PM

20. We don't deserve marriage. That is if marriage is something that can be won on a game show. Or done and dispensed with in 50hrs after a trip to my lovely city of Las Vegas. Or if it's something used to make money and then spend months in court fighting it out in front of your kids. I could go on.

No, we don't deserve marriage at all.

We deserve better.

At least better than what I've seen a lot of straight people do with it.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Oct 22, 2008 6:05:48 PM

21. John Bisceglia to CA GOP State Senator Tom McClintock - Heterosexuals Don't Deserve Our Gay Tax Dollars.

Eat that one, bitch.

Posted by: John Bisceglia | Oct 22, 2008 6:12:18 PM

22. He's an ass. Always has been, always will be. I hope he isn't elected. Can you believe this bozo ran for Lieutenant Governor? Ugh!

Posted by: Mike | Oct 22, 2008 8:15:37 PM

23. I had a discussion at work regarding this today. My co-worker said something to the effect that the "wedding industry" must like gays getting married. I had to remind him that the word they are targeting is "marriage" not "wedding." Gay weddings could still occur, but it sure would be nice if they meant the same thing.

Posted by: Craig | Oct 22, 2008 8:50:47 PM