Kristen Wiig | News | SNL | Television

Kristen Wiig and her Petite, Ladylike Hands

Wiig

Another moment of genius from Kristen Wiig as The Lawrence Welk Show returns to SNL.
Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. LOL That is so odd it's amusing. Grabbing the little bubbles at the end was hilarious.

Posted by: CJ | Oct 6, 2008 12:22:57 PM

2. I haven't laughed so hard with SNL since the days of
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Myers
    Dana Carvey
    Chris Farley
    Norm MacDonald
    Julia Sweeney
    Molly Shannon
    Cherie O'Terry
    Ana Gastyer
    and Melanie Hutsell and Ellen Cleghorne

Those were the good times, but I am definitly enjoying this new season so far!

Posted by: Marc | Oct 6, 2008 12:27:28 PM

3. Yeah, this season has been great so far, save for the terrible Michael Phelps episode. And while I agree that the above clip was the best by far, two others that both feature the SNL ladies singing also did pretty well. There's a Mary Poppins parody on Hulu and, illegally posted on YouTube, there's an amazing Katy Perry parody that features some of the best work of Casey Wilson so far. Search it out. Enjoy it.

Posted by: Drew | Oct 6, 2008 12:51:50 PM

4. Andy,

Actually, the skit was offensive because they were making fun of someone's birth-defects! Hello! Why would you publicize this kind of cruel, childish crap?

When I was a kid, my mother and father taught me to not make fun of people because of their differences, especially deformities or disabilities. Yeah, yeah, I'm being "politically correct." Whatever...

Is the skit funny, kinda. Sorta like a racist or homophobic skit that is played for laughs by denigrating others. What's next, a "funny" skit about a kid with polio or a Down's Syndrome or breast cancer survivor or a dwarf?

How funny do you think this skit was for someone born with a deformity or severe health issue? Gee, I'm looking forward to the SNL skit that makes fun of people with bipolar disorder or Tay-Sachs of cleft pallete?

Blech!

Posted by: noah | Oct 6, 2008 12:55:01 PM

5. i almost fell on the floor...with my by myself...Hilarious!!

Posted by: candipearl | Oct 6, 2008 1:05:21 PM

6. As much as I hate being politically correct, Noah is pretty darn right.

Posted by: Eric | Oct 6, 2008 1:05:36 PM

7. seriously noah, get the fuck over yourself.

Posted by: me | Oct 6, 2008 1:07:12 PM

8. My partner and I watched this Sat night, looked at each other and said, "What the HELL is this?". Kinda disturbing...and maybe funnier than the Fey/Palin sketches. Love it! And Noah - oh please.

Posted by: Chris in Kansas | Oct 6, 2008 1:08:40 PM

9. I too enjoyed the show and this season as well as last seasons players are quite funny, though i was a bit taken back by the use of the tiny hands and large forehead, am i missing something here? where they attempting to make fun of someones physical abnormalities or of some one in particular?? thats the part I could not understand. Also the debate parody was out of the park GREAT!!

Posted by: Alex Boston | Oct 6, 2008 1:11:20 PM

10. I too enjoyed the show and this season as well as last seasons players are quite funny, though i was a bit taken back by the use of the tiny hands and large forehead, am i missing something here? where they attempting to make fun of someones physical abnormalities or of some one in particular?? thats the part I could not understand. Also the debate parody was out of the park GREAT!!

Posted by: Alex Boston | Oct 6, 2008 1:11:28 PM

11. I agree with Noah. The sketch left a bad taste in my mouth.
    It's fair game to make fun of people's behavior, ie. Palin, but not their birth defects.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Oct 6, 2008 1:13:08 PM

12. Um, I almost wet myself laughing. And then I felt a little dirty.

Posted by: The Milkman | Oct 6, 2008 1:25:30 PM

13. I didn't get it either.

When did laughing at physical handicap become fashionable?

Posted by: Jason87 | Oct 6, 2008 1:33:20 PM

14. Andy's an attractive man. Maybe that's why he thinks birth defects are funny.

Posted by: Playn Jayn | Oct 6, 2008 1:36:26 PM

15. So So So so funny. The bubble chasing at the end had me in tears. I do not watch "comedy" programs with my eye of "is that politically correct".... it is comedy. It is funny. Go Go Kristin Wiig!

Posted by: Casey | Oct 6, 2008 1:56:32 PM

16. Definitely the funniest skit of the night - precisely because it was so unexpected. Though the Mark Wahlberg talks to animals skit was pretty hillarious too.

To the people whose delicate sensibilities were so "offended" - change the channel and lighten up.

Posted by: Aeres | Oct 6, 2008 2:06:13 PM

17. How about Andy Samberg as Mark Wahlberg in "Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals".

Hysterical.
    "Say hi to ya motha for me OK??..."

Posted by: Randy | Oct 6, 2008 2:07:31 PM

18. SNL FASHIONABLE ?

I've been watching SNL since I was about 14, I am 37 now.
    I recall SNL ALWAYS making fun of others and putting people down all the time.

AND NOW you complain?

Gimme a break!

Remember Homo says what?
    They were hilarious !
    If you can't laugh at yourself....

Posted by: Marc | Oct 6, 2008 2:19:15 PM

19. My grandmother used to love watching the Lawrence Welk Show. She adored all the dancing and singing by the wholesome and attactive cast. The women were always ridiculously sweet with their chiffon and bouffants, and the men trying to be all charming and dapper with Crest smiles.

That was what was so hilarious about this skit. Anyone who has seen a repeat of the show with the Lennon Sisters would get it. Anne Hathaway had their schmaltzy style down pact.

And then to see Kristen Wiig like that - HYSTERICAL!

Posted by: Andy | Oct 6, 2008 3:04:07 PM

20. I had no idea Sarah Palin could sing.

Posted by: David | Oct 6, 2008 3:12:34 PM

21. Best Lawrence Welk moment ever:

Posted by: MAJeff | Oct 6, 2008 3:16:59 PM

22. The skit was so hysterically funny BECAUSE you'd never see anyone with a handicap on those Welk or Mouseketeer shows. Just the pretty sisters. OMG you've got to have a colonic if you didn't find the humor in this. It was humor worthy of John Waters.

Posted by: Steve D. | Oct 6, 2008 3:23:11 PM

23. DREW - I agree, the Mary Poppins skit was awesome!

Posted by: Gabriel | Oct 6, 2008 3:26:31 PM

24. Damn, I must be as cold-hearted as Sarah Palin and THE QUEEN because I thought it was funny...'course I'd laugh at anything after nearly a fifth of Canadian Club on a Saturday night.

I didn't realize her forehead was supposed to be a birth defect. As far as her behavior...hell, we got people in the US Senate who act like that...not to mention the mentally challenged fool in White House.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 6, 2008 3:29:31 PM

25. I thought it was hilarious...if there are any people out there who were born with doll-sized hands on regular arms, apologies. What about jokes that involve violence (like...most jokes)? Do they offend everyone who's ever suffered violence? I don't get it.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Oct 6, 2008 3:30:54 PM