Comments

1. jerzeeMike says

FINALLY!!!! Someone over at Obama-Biden woke up! I guess it took a little smear to tell the Obama team that taking the high road is a costly way to go and they’re finally going to go all out after McCain’s history of failed policies in regards to the economy. I’m very happy to see this at long last.

And if John McCain thinks the American people are going to go along with his shying away from the economy just because he doesn’t want to talk about his previous failures then he’s nuttier than his running-mate.

2. CJ says

As much as I loathe smear campaigns, YOU GET ‘EM BARACK. Take no prisoners. If McCain is twisting politics to meet his needs, it’s about time Obama uses the truth about McCain.

3. Anonymous says

The gloves are off now. While I think the voters need to be reminded of the Keating 5 scandal, I don’t know if this is a good turn of events. The McCain campaign will now bring up Rev. Wright again… and the ugliness will get worse.

4. what says

I still don’t get why Palin was in Carson, CA. Hello McCain/Palin campaign, there’s no way in hell that CA electoral votes are going to Republicans this year. NO WAY IN HELL.

What a waste of time, money, and idiocy.

5. Rad says

I can’t wait for the ads to come out about Palin’s political background! Time to knock that lipsticked pig off her pedestal!

I just wish to Hell the media would stop playing her one soundbite over and over and over and over. We know it’s wrong, but it’s the underlying repetitive drumming that people will remember. Not the follow on point that it is pandering nonsense, but what people hear is that Barack palled around with terrorists. Repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it as truth. CNN was wretched to watch this weekend.

My partner is from a strong African American Baptist background. They LOVE Rev. Wright for speaking his absolute honest mind. If McCain brings up the Reverend, he’s going to totally lose that vote, as well.

It’s the smear, though, that people remember come November 4.

6. Sebastian says

Its about time he showed the REAL McShame and that two faced, bad liar, dumb as a snow ball Palin, about time, let the gloves off and get down in the mud with this old, bitter, erratic man.

7. Derrick from Philly says

You’re right, RAD. Race will become the issue for the last 4 weeks of this campaign. But who didin’t know that that would be the case IF Barack were ahead in October. It’s going to be ugly, but the Obama Campaign and the Democrats look as though they intend to fight back….this time.

8. ANOKIE says

Thank You Obama/Biden team! Do not get swift boated! No more turning the other cheek! BTW Obama was 8yo when the Ayers thing happened, I know what I was doing when I was that age, riding bikes, but I have no clue who was inlvovled in my life ‘cept mom & dad and teachers. Who knows who I’ve had cross my path. Ayers is a stupid attack! ‘Cause then you have to bring up John Singlaub and don’t forget Palin’s anti-Semite witch doctor. Not a wise move for the McCain campaign. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks.

9. gr8guyca says

Ellis: Read the NY Times story last week. It’s a comprehensive review of the Obama/Ayers connection. Conclusion: they were never close and haven’t talked in years.

RAD: The Obama campaign is not going to focus on Palin. As you saw in the debate, Biden didn’t question her past record much. The strategy is to stay on McCain. People vote for President, not VP.

Jerzeemike: They’ve been holding this attack for several weeks. The video is slickly done – not an overnight job. They want to keep the debate about the economy and this helps link McCain’s past to the present crash.

For the next month, McCain will do anything to change the subject from the economy. It’s going to get very dirty. I think that after his loss in 2000 due to Bush smears, McCain decided that he would say and do anything to get elected this time.

I’m glad Obama is firing back. Ayers is a smear. Rezko is a smear. This is a substantive error in McCain’s judgment.

10. mike says

Does anyone remember over the summer there was this cretin from Chicago who posted a video on YouTube claiming that he had sex and shared cocaine with Sen. Obama in the backseat of a limo? Well, someone I know who works in D.C. told me that the “off the radar” buzz is that McCain’s campaign plans to toss this since-discredited allegation out there sometime in the next week to ten days.

11. nic says

mcshame and the pitbull-with-lipstick are getting down and dirty; obama/biden should fight back. beside the keating scandal, there are lots of things mccodger should be wary of.

12. patrick nyc says

MIKE the guy who made the claims was a hustler who has a long record, he was arrested at a press conference that a right wing group was fronting several months ago. You can expect more of this shit, McShame is getting more desperate as the clock ticks down.

13. says

“Anokie, Didn’t they serve on the same board? I prefer original documents/research as opposed to the NY times.”

Then go research your ass off, troll Ellis, no one’s stopping you. What you’ll find is that Ayers is now a “distinguished professor” who did radical things before Obama hit puberty. Serving on a board with a professor is considered “palling around with terrorists” only if you’re a liar trying to distract from your sinking campaign.

McCain’s connection with the Keating Five scandal, however, is both real and relevant to his presidential politics. Keep it clean, but fight back, gloves off, just like Palin is asking for.