Comments

1. says

She’ll bend that leftist McCain to the right if it kills him.

She also said she was “‘putting this in God’s hands, that the right thing for America will be done at the end of the day on Nov. 4.'”

And here I thought the election was in the hands of voters, silly me!

2. darb says

So if Obama win’s on Nov. 4, I guess it’s God’s will and she’ll rethink all of her right-wing fundamentalist positions, with which God obviously disagrees if he causes Obama to win. Right?

3. says

I fucking love her. She’s really growing into her own, isn’t she? I remember when people on this site complained that she never used her show as a vehicle to speak about important GLBT issues. She’s clearly mastered how to do it on that sort of light-hearted, talk show format and do so very, very effectively. Honestly, if she keeps it up, she could become the best weapon we have against homophobia in the entire country. It’s not just pro-gay people who watch her show… she’s really changing hearts and minds.

4. Darren says

Wow.. Palin is just a complete tool.

“Yes, Dr. Dobson, whatever you say, Dr. Dobson. I will be your cooperative pawn in the white house until McCain dies and then I will be first Czarina of Christiania!”

Give me a fricking break, woman doesn’t even know what the VP’s job is.

And woo.. go Ellen. 😉

5. Rad says

Ever since 9/11 I’ve always wanted to ask these right wing-nuts, “…exactly whose God are you talking about?”

The Christian, white, gay-hating God?

How about Orthodox trilogy of “The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost”? Still gay hating, still white.

Perhaps it is Abraham? Oh wait, these followers teach tolerance. NEXT!

Then you have Buddha; does Buddha bless America. Perhaps since wisdom seems to be out the window with the wing nuts, maybe not.

What about the Muslim god? Did the Allah bless America when he told Mohammad Ata to slam the 737 into the WTC?

Exactly whose God is blessing America? Other than for some wisdom above the fray, I don’t believe I can identify with much of the above.

I can only associate the narrow mind of the likes of Palin as nothing short of a religious terrorist. I just hope the consensus of the American population are adequately fed up with the rhetoric coming from that base and not keep these morons in power (yet again).

6. anon says

This is what you call “shoring up your base”. However, McCain has lost enough independent voters to make his evangelical strategy a complete loser. With the country drifting left this year, he needed a reformer/centrist on the ticket.

7. says

“The bottom of Palin’s heart must be an ugly place.”

Truer words were never spoken (or typed). Now is not the time for complacency. Now is also not the time to allow personal prejudice or disappointment to get in the way of caring for and healing the country.

8. Zeke says

As expected, the Log Cabin Republicans’ official response ties itself in knots trying to put a positive spin on this.

They’ve also remained absolutely silent on Liddy Dole’s EXTREMELY homophobic mailers and robocalls.

I think it’s pretty clear now that the LCR has lost what last little bit of credibility they had and what even less usefulness they served.

By the measure of their own mission statement they are an abject and utter failure as an organization.

9. Andy says

Well, I voted early today for Obama, and I just hope everyone else reading this will do the same. If not, this country is going to be a really scary place November 4, I believe. And Ellen…you are the absolute best!