Amy Winehouse | Australia | California | Cheyenne Jackson | Deadlee | Elizabeth Hasselbeck | Football | Gay Adoption | Gay Marriage | Gay Pride | Illinois | India | Israel | JAmes Dobson | News | Proposition 8 | Ryan Philippe | Sacha Baron-Cohen

News: Subway Deli, California, Cheyenne Jackson, India Adoption

road.jpg Subway restaurant chain takes action after franchisee's donation to "Yes on 8" campaign revealed.

Califiresroad.jpg Wingnut blames California fires on Proposition 8 protestors.

road.jpg Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepard again demonstrate their supreme lack of decency and brain power.

road.jpg Return of the crackhive.

road.jpg Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Bruno' crashes the set of NBC's Medium: "No one had a clue it was Sacha playing Bruno. It’s amazing he was able to infiltrate the set and pull this off."

road.jpg Marriage Equality foes attempting to get anti-gay referendum on next ballot in Illinois: "Proponents of an Illinois constitutional amendment to restrict marriage to heterosexuals, buoyed by voter approval in three states on Nov. 4, say they’re gearing up to try again in 2010."

road.jpg Cheyenne Jackson to star in musical about Mormons from the creators of South Park?

Tricktrickroad.jpg Gay rapper Deadlee responds to homophobic Trick Trick album: "My first thought is to get crazy and warn him that this f**got will kick his ass — but I am so on Cloud 9 with Obama winning, and the way he did it. Obama was called a terrorist, unpatriotic, and the entire time kept his cool, I so wish I was like that. I know who I am and my self worth that I really don’t give a f**k who or what a Trick Trick has to say. There is still a lot of hate against gays, and a Trick Trick just perpetuates the hate…so if Trick Trick really does plan on putting an AK to my head. I ain’t going out like that! Trick Trick will be the only b***h that ends up dead!"

road.jpg Ryan Phillippe pumps up.

Mumbairoad.jpg Gay Israeli couple conceive baby in Mumbai: " Yonatan and Omer Gher came to the city in January and the in-vitro fertilisation was successful through an unknown egg donor and sperms from Yonatan in the first attempt itself, infertility specialist Dr Gautam Allahbadia told PTI. The embryo was then successfully implanted in a surrogate mother selected by the couple and Evyatar (meaning more fathers in Hebrew) was born on October 12, Allahbadia said. Since the couple had to submit proof of their paternity (through DNA test) to the Israeli government, after completing all the necessary paper work, they left for Israel last night, the doctor said." More...

road.jpg More for you Trekkies.

Dobsonroad.jpg More layoffs at 'Focus on the Family': "Focus on the Family announced this afternoon that 202 jobs will be cut companywide — an estimated 20 percent of its workforce. Initial reports bring the total number of remaining employees to around 950. The cutbacks come just weeks after the group pumped more than half a million dollars into the successful effort to pass a gay-marriage ban in California. Critics are holding up the layoffs, which come just two months after the organization’s last round of dismissals, as a sad commentary on the true priorities of the ministry.

road.jpg Twilight: Vampire brat pack film premieres in London.

Footballshortsroad.jpg Football players develop new tactic - the dropping of the pants.

road.jpg Trans-national group of gay activists agrees on Slavic Gay Pride alternating every year between Moscow and Minsk: " The agreement came at the weekend when activists from GayRussia.ru and the Moscow Pride organising committee met for the first time with Belarusian groups Gay.by and Gayby.by, the Belarusian Initiative for Sexual and Gender Equality and the LGBT Rights Committee of the Belarusian Green Party. 'We were looking to cooperate with Belarusian gay activists this year, but until recently we believed that local activists were not yet ready for public events,' said Moscow Pride chief organiser Nikolai Alekseev."

road.jpg Project to track LGBT hate crimes receives $80,000 in funding from Australian government.

road.jpg Young X-Men character revealed to be gay.

Comments

1. If anyone would like to email ABC regarding The View, you can email the network at netaudr@abc.com

Posted by: Mike | Nov 18, 2008 3:49:24 PM

2. That's awesome about Graymalkin! Of course, knowing the writers of Young X-Men, he'll probably get a boyfriend only after getting his heart torn out 100 times in pitch blackness by ultra-religious cyborg-demons so that he can be nursed back to health by a hunky paramedic who gets stabbed through the face as they're about to share their first kiss. The worst part will be that it's the most successful, least angst-filled relationship written by Kyle and Yost to date!

Posted by: Kuhnsy | Nov 18, 2008 3:59:22 PM

3. Does this sh*tf*ce Hartline even realize what in the Hell he's saying??

At first, I was hoping it was a confirmation of what I theorized--that the wildfires were, in fact, burning down the most conservative parts of California, which voted YES on 8.

I mean, doesn't that make more sense to anyone else, or am I a wingnut too? How is it that we had a perfectly beautiful weekend of weather here in San Francisco and across the nation while we were peacefully protesting for our civil rights and the burning of conservative Southern California is a result of God's Damnation on the homosexuals?

The logic defies me. But I'd like to see a map. A map of where the fires have burned California over the last year or two overlayed onto the results of the vote on Proposition 8. I bet the findings would shock him.

Posted by: Brooks | Nov 18, 2008 4:30:39 PM

4. Sherri Shepard and Elizabeth Hasselbitch are assholes plain and simple. I feel like Elizabeth has ramped up her opposition to gay marriage ten fold since the election and Sherri "the earth is flat" Shephard wants to talk about voting because of her faith etc--I'm sure her faith was thrilled about all of the abortions she claimed on the show to have. Hypocritical to say the least.

Sherri is no friend to the gay community nor is Elizabeth. I hope every single casting director, producer, comedy club booker in Sherri's case, remember these ladies stance on equal rights for all when their View gig ends.

These women are vile.

Posted by: Rob | Nov 18, 2008 4:31:33 PM

5. On SUBWAY....
    DAMN IT it seems Mike Rogers took them on!
    Oh yeah...
    Rogers found the contribution on a list of Yes on 8 contributors compiled by the Human Rights Campaign. "When I saw a franchisee of an international company gave $2,500 to opponents of equality, I immediately knew I would require someone at the company's world HQ to address this."

That list was on their website Fri.
    What was andrew sullivan doing?

Posted by: MCnNYC | Nov 18, 2008 4:57:29 PM

6. oh, if only susan sontag were still with us. she could write a whole essay "notes on trick trick."

Posted by: alguien | Nov 18, 2008 5:04:41 PM

7. Elizabeth and Sherri love to act like victims, spreading false lies that every pastor must perform gay marriage if it passed in California, which is an out right lie.

ABC nor Barbara make any attempt to correct this religious-led bigotry against gays.

Boycott the view and their sponsors. Beat them at their own game.

Posted by: lou | Nov 18, 2008 6:14:57 PM

8. I eat at Subway 2 or 3, sometimes more, times a week. That story makes me really happy.

Posted by: Jefferson | Nov 18, 2008 7:27:47 PM

9. Every time Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepard raise their uninformed dangerous (due to the mis-information) voices regarding same-sex marriage I scream at the TV. I do applaud Whoppi and Joy for almost always standing up to them (though they don't always have all the needed ammunition to shoot them down) but I do think we need our own advocate to get invited onto The View to put the first two in their place. I think a great person would be recently open about her marriage (to a woman) Wanda Sykes -- she could surely use her intelligence (and humor) to point out just why separate is NOT equal.

Posted by: robertmalcolm | Nov 18, 2008 7:58:06 PM

10. Robertmalcolm,

Unfortunately, it doesn't do any good to scream at the TV; please write to ABC at: netaudr@abc.com

Posted by: Mike | Nov 18, 2008 11:08:02 PM

11. MIKE -

I actually did that (wrote to ABC) right after posting here at Towleroad -- let's just hope enough people do the same so they hear us.

Posted by: robertmalcolm | Nov 19, 2008 12:40:05 AM

12. The cause might be right, but the tactics are stupid in many of the instances you cite.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'll listen:

Posted by: Franchise Pick | Nov 19, 2008 11:53:33 AM

13. The cause might be right, but the tactics are stupid in many of the instances you cite.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'll listen:

Posted by: Franchise Pick | Nov 19, 2008 11:53:59 AM

14. Regarding the dissection of the new Star Trek trailer:

Can someone please tell me why Spock, who is half-Vulcan (and live lives more than twice as long as humans), is much, much older than his mother (who is human)?

That doesn't make sense unless there was a time travel element to it ...

Posted by: Rodney | Nov 19, 2008 12:43:48 PM