Comments

1. KMDenver says

Wanda needs to go on Letterman, The Tonight Show and as many other talk shows and news shows as possible to state exactly what she said here.

I particularly liked how she framed the ‘being gay is a choice’ lie that is constantly used against us as an excuse to not give us equal rights. After all, if orientation is a choice, I am sure every straight person can clearly remember the day they decided to be hetero instead of gay. I always love asking bigots about this.

The general population watches these shows and she could do more to change minds doing this than any politician or any protest we can mount.

Go Wanda!

It’s time to start calling the bigots on their BS at every chance.

2. richard s says

Love Wanda, always have. Glad she was willing to use her popularity for a good cause. ‘I Shall be Released’ keeps playing in my head. My favorite bob dylan song.
    Nina Simone does a kick ass version as do many others.

3. sparks says

I hope Wanda’s courage might inspire many other “out to friends” gays in the entertainment industry to step forward and publicly protest this ugly discrimination that affects us all, no matter how far in or out of the closet we are.

4. says

I knew it Wanda – but I love you even more now. Thank you for giving the punch line: straight people choose not to be gay!!! Yes they choose! LOL. I never thought of it that way. Come to Australia Wanda, please, for our Melbourne International Comedy Festival.

5. John says

Wanda, thank you for your candor and for adding your voice to our dissent. I know that you face discrimination and prejudice on several fronts, and that you risk your career by speaking out. But maybe if more people in your position follow your example, then everyone could be “just livin’ [their] life” too. Congratulations on your marriage, and best wishes. I’ve always appreciated your talent.

6. scar2 says

She is the funniest woman in the world & I hope she uses her humor to speak out more. She’s great angry too. I hope she inspires more people of color to come out publicly – like Queen Latifah, Missy Elliout, Tracy Chapman, & Robin Roberts.

7. Jeff R says

THANK YOU WANDA! Let’s hit ALL of those companies, organizations, restaurants (ie
    El Cayote) where it hurts… their pocket books! Boycott! And tell your friends to do the same! LOVE YOU WANDA! THANK YOU!!!