Josh Brolin | Law Enforcement | Louisiana | News

Video Reveals Chaotic Arrest of Josh Brolin and Jeffrey Wright

Brolin

Charges against Josh Brolin and Jeffrey Wright over a bar fight in Shreveport, Louisiana in Julywill be dropped providing the actors pay their court costs of $130 each, following a court hearing today:

"The actors were with crew members from the Oliver Stone movie 'W.' about President George W. Bush. Police arrived after one crew member caused a fracas and was asked to leave. Police pepper-sprayed both Brolin and Wright, while Wright was also hit with an electric shock from a Taser weapon, Berk said. Prosecutors were not immediately available to comment."

A video also emerged today shot by a bystander outside the Stray Cat bar where the altercation took place showing Brolin reacting to pepper spray before being arrested, and Wright tasered while held down by officers in the street.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously
George W. Bush and Colin Powell Actors Arrested in Bar Fight [tr]

Comments

1. Cops in that state do not fuck around. Once near the end of Mardi Gras (when they were somewhat understandably spent), three of them grabbed me, pulled my arms behind my back, said "Move an inch and we'll break your fucking neck," and dragged me down a half block. They said they were going to arrest me, but they just let me go.

It was just to set an example. Apparently I'd flashed my dick for beads too far down the straight end of Bourbon Street. Live and learn.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 6, 2009 10:33:51 PM

2. I love big strong tough men.

And these cops are the complete opposite of that.

Posted by: Rey | Jan 6, 2009 11:56:34 PM

3. My memories are clouded, but the Stray Cat bar seems to be the same place that older gay men would cruise young hustlers and Air Force recruits on one of downtown's main drags. The recruits stayed in the hotel above the bar before being inducted in the Air Force base and the hustler trade would stride up and down the street in front of the bar's street level windows watching for tricks. I caught the head of our Theatre Department in there one night when he was between freshman protegees.

Posted by: Hamp | Jan 7, 2009 2:00:17 AM

4. Cops are scum, harassing people for filming them.

Here's a thought, if cops did their job and obeyed the law they supposedly enforce then they wouldn't need to be filmed.

Happens often that police take it out on the people that make sure they're doing their job.

Our taxes...money well spent.

Posted by: lou | Jan 7, 2009 2:45:29 AM

5. Tasering someone while he is on the ground? I hope Wright sues. I hope Brolin sues.

Posted by: noah | Jan 7, 2009 11:02:25 AM

6. If by 'chaotic,' you mean orderly and business-like. The only thing chaotic is the bad camera work.

Watch it again. Wright was tasered because he was violently resisting.

And the camera woman was arrested because she angrily approached the cops in the middle of an arrest.

What do you expect?

The cops diffused that situation pretty well.

Posted by: Marc in Chgo | Jan 7, 2009 11:14:11 AM

7. Yes. The cops "diffused that situation" they created.

I expect little--exactly what we have.

Posted by: Carlie | Jan 7, 2009 11:27:47 AM

8. I hate to defend the cops, BUT...

Note that no one was (seriously) injured -- cops , the arrested, or bystanders. That's always a victory in my book.

Also, for those of you shocked that Wright was (apparently) tasered multiple times (we can't really tell because the first time was off-camera), note that Brolin wasn't tasered even once. That's because he wasn't combative.

Yes. The same cops who tasered the violent guy multiple times used restraint when it came to those who were NOT combative. That sounds like sober, good judgment on part of the cops.

Posted by: Marc in Chgo | Jan 7, 2009 11:30:31 AM

9. You can tell that the cops used "sober, good judgment" based on this video? Really?

Posted by: Ernie | Jan 7, 2009 11:52:05 AM