Dave Grohl | Foo Fighters | Gay Marriage | Music | News | Proposition 8

Foo Fighters Grohl and Shiflett Show Marriage Equality Support

Whiteknotsfoo

Both Chris Shiflett and Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters were sporting white knots at the MusiCares Person of the Year tribute honoring Neil Diamond on Friday night. Grohl also wore his to the Grammys.

Said Grohl at MusiCares: "Anybody know about whiteknot.org? You know what that’s about? It's I believe in love and I believe in equality and I believe in marriage equality."

You may have missed...
Is the White Knot the New Red Ribbon? [tr]

Comments

1. That's cool, though I thought Grohl also believed HIV has no relation to AIDS...or am I misremembering that?

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Feb 9, 2009 9:34:29 AM

2. Does this make up for all of the AIDS-denialist crap the band was putting out a few years ago?

Posted by: Woody Rowand | Feb 9, 2009 9:50:28 AM

3. I definitely remember the "HIV does not cause AIDS" schtick from about ten years ago. I think they even had a benefit concert for some AIDS-denialist organization.

My guess is that they'd give some equivocal answer and talk about how much they love gay people rather than say "we were wrong about this." Then again, anyone idiotic enough to follow health advice from rock stars probably can't be helped much anyway.

Posted by: Yeek | Feb 9, 2009 10:41:29 AM

4. They went to a benefit for Neil Diamond?

Posted by: anon | Feb 9, 2009 11:35:32 AM

5. Dude, EVERYBODY went to the benefit for Neil Diamond.

Posted by: peterparker | Feb 9, 2009 12:40:31 PM

6. Neil Diamond is amazing. So is Dave Grohl.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Feb 9, 2009 2:20:06 PM

7. Is Neil Diamond gay? Seriously, this thread is making me think he might be and I'm behind on the times if he is.

Posted by: Drew | Feb 9, 2009 4:55:22 PM

8. That's great! Too bad the Foo Fighters SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!

Posted by: Mifro | Feb 9, 2009 5:08:53 PM