I'm Not Gay | Kenny Chesney | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kenny Chesney: I Didn't Sign Up to Be Called 'Gay'

Chesney

Kenny Chesney tells Playboy that he's slept with more than 100 women, and they will testify that he's not gay. He also says he's angry about the gay rumors that continue to follow him:

"What guy who loves girls wouldn't be angry about that ...? I didn't sign up for that. I think people need to live their lives the way they want to, but I'm pretty confident in the fact that I love girls (laughs). I've got a long line of girls who could testify that I am not gay."

Previously
Country Singer Kenny Chesney to Anderson Cooper: I'm Not Gay [tr]

Comments

1. Me thinks the man doth protest too much....

Kenny bought a house here in Key West last month and then put it back on the market two weeks later saying he did not want to 'disturb' the island with too much attention - good lord - I know what kind of attention he was not wanting.

Posted by: Greg Key West | Feb 11, 2009 10:07:35 AM

2. *****What guy who loves girls wouldn't be angry about that ...?*****

The kind of guy who is ok with gay people?

Anger as a reasonable response? I can understand a kind of frustration with untruths being spread, but this is really a minor one. I'd get angry if there were consistent rumors I was a criminal or was harming people. This ain't that. How about resigned amusement instead?

Posted by: MAJeff | Feb 11, 2009 10:11:35 AM

3. Here we go again.

Posted by: michael | Feb 11, 2009 10:12:31 AM

4. "I am not gay, I never have been gay, ... I have a very wide stance ... I reached down to pick up a piece of paper behind me ..."

Doesn't he look like one of the dancers in Queer as Folk with that hat? Hmmm.

Ok. Fine. Not gay. Slut, definitely. Watch the STD's there guy. Sheez.

Posted by: Craig | Feb 11, 2009 10:13:13 AM

5. Alright fine, you're not gay, I respect that, but there is no need to get all pissy about it. There are a hell of a lot of worse things to be referred to than gay. To quote this interview "Kenny Chesney tells Playboy that he's slept with more than 100 women" oh really? Sounds like real husband material to me (sarcastically).

"What guy who loves girls wouldn't be angry about that ...? That is total bullshit. There are many heterosexual guys who answer gay rumors by simply stating while they are flattered, they are not gay.

I am not going to go so far as to call Kenny chesney a total homophobe, but he has some serious growing up to do.

Incidentally, this gay man here has never had, or never will any interest in purchasing any of this loser's crappy music.

Posted by: matthew | Feb 11, 2009 10:21:04 AM

6. Over 100 women will testify that he's a straight, gym-buffed, excessively tanned slut. Paging Judge Judy! And who knew you can sign up to be gay?

Posted by: Ernie | Feb 11, 2009 10:27:14 AM

7. "What guy who loves girls wouldn't be angry about that ...?"

The kind of guy who has nothing to prove, he knows he is comfortable enough not to brag about the number of women he nails.

"I didn't sign up for that."

I just dress like one.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 11, 2009 10:33:58 AM

8. I'm sick of the gay rumours but I'm sick of him denying it as well. It's now a marketing ploy for him at this point, just like the pic above. The majority of his audience are women who like him more for his looks than his music. Seriously, does anybody outside country know any of his songs?

Posted by: scar2 | Feb 11, 2009 10:34:18 AM

9. "I've got a long line of girls who could testify that I am not gay!"

So did George Michael. And every other former 'celebrity' closet case. I'm not saying Kenny IS gay, but such passionate protest usually is the next step of coming out.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Feb 11, 2009 10:35:51 AM

10. Where's April Kelso? Hey April are you one of Kenny's 100?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 11, 2009 10:39:25 AM

11. Major Gurrrlfren'! Lessee: Puka shell necklace (choker, no less); braided white leather "friendship" bracelet (o.k., wristband); cut-offs (denim!); scalloped edged ciaowboi hiat (ph); aviator spec's (undoubtedly RayBans); spray-on tan; and perky little nipples (snake-bite kit much?). Kenny Cheesney, you are not only a big ol' gurl; you're a big ol' gurl stuck in the 70s. Time to update your drag, chile!

Posted by: rudy | Feb 11, 2009 10:41:03 AM

12. one can only hope he goes the way of another Renee Zellweger costar, TC, and once he's gone crazy, he's a pocket gay the gays don't want anymore. Good riddance.

Posted by: cd | Feb 11, 2009 10:41:17 AM

13. Does anyone really care?

Posted by: JJ | Feb 11, 2009 10:45:15 AM

14. "I did not have sexual relations with that man..."

Posted by: Wayne | Feb 11, 2009 10:46:34 AM

15. I think gurlfren' just missed his audition for Kayne's posse. And dayum, he was so close; just a fake "Looey" or leopard print tights away from achieving his fraud-free life-goal.

Posted by: rudy | Feb 11, 2009 10:50:43 AM

16. This is the first time I have ever heard of this human being. Who is he? What does he do? Who gives a rat's ass who he sleeps with as long as it's not me because he's gross?

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Feb 11, 2009 10:59:00 AM

17. He and his band stopped in our little burg with just a week's notice because they had an extra day in their tour schedule. This was just as he was starting to gain popularity, late 90s. So my BF and I bought tickets, mostly cuz we thought he was hot. It was a good show, but if we had any doubt that he was gay beforehand, it all went out the window. ALL his bandmates were early 20s, very good-looking, fit, and *incredibly* chummy with one another. There were several double-entendres as well (that I've forgotten now) that seemed very gay, but only to those who might've been familiar with the gay scene.

The truth probly won't come out til he's long gone.

Posted by: Chris in Kansas | Feb 11, 2009 11:10:33 AM

18. I had a troll tell me one night at the bar, trying to flirt, that, with my hat on, I looked like Kenny Chesney, "and that's a complement". I proceeded to curse him out AND tell him to get his eyes checked, because I look nothing like that motherf*cker. Oh, and K.C. HAS HAS HAS TO keep that hat ON. YUK.

Posted by: clint | Feb 11, 2009 11:16:28 AM

19. My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: Gabe R | Feb 11, 2009 11:22:38 AM

20. Oh, and what does the number of women he has slept with have to do with his being a good husband? U.S. prudes.

Posted by: Gabe R | Feb 11, 2009 11:25:07 AM

21. Oh, come on. What gay would pose for a photo in _pleated_ denim cut-offs?

Posted by: carl | Feb 11, 2009 11:25:31 AM

22. I've slept with over 100 women too and I'm gay is the day is long!!

Posted by: willy | Feb 11, 2009 11:34:04 AM

23. Pssst, Kenny, I slept with 100+ women too... mostly just slept next to them. They're called "fag hags". Most heterosexually comfortable men don't have an issue with others believing they may be homosexual. In fact, most are flattered. Explain why your ex-wife Reneé Zellweger claimed fraud in her requested annulment? Fraud? Of all the claims to make, why fraud? The follow-up from Reneé didn't clarify the issue, only fanning the gay rumor flames.

Me think she doth protest too much, indeed.

Posted by: Cj | Feb 11, 2009 11:47:00 AM

24. Dear Kenny,
    I didn't sign up to be called an abomination before some make-believe god. Get the fuck over yourself.

Posted by: Jake | Feb 11, 2009 12:00:28 PM

25. Clearly he needs some pointers from Kanye West about securing his manhood.

Posted by: latebrosus | Feb 11, 2009 12:05:44 PM