Comments

1. Strepsi says

Remember also how cute the Spanish were at the Olympics, as team after team posed for the cameras making hilarious “chinky” eyes?

I know it’s counterintuitive to call a race racist, but man…

Spanish sports fans make UK and US fans look like mensa members.

2. Tony in West Hollywood says

Perhaps I’m stereotyping now, but I don’t typically look to sportsfans for examples of enlightenment. At least the Spanish government has evolved enough to recognize gay marriage.

3. says

Arresting people for mean words? That’s pretty harsh, and not something I support at all, and frankly, as a gay man committed to civil rights for all, I am amazed that anyone would support such an unenlightened response.

4. paul c says

I’m with Paul Brown — the world doesn’t need speech (or thought) police. That’s fascism.

I actually think it would funny if Beckham got more of this sort of thing so we could see how long it took his best “buddy” Tom Cruise to dissociate himself from him

5. michellle says

as a spanish football fan and an american (as well as a beckham fan), i want to point out that not all spaniards are homophobic, intolerant jerks like the loudmouths that were yelling at david. spain really loves david beckham, especially madridistas, and he is respected in spain. just because a handful of people were yelling at him doesn’t mean that all of spain are that rude or feel that way. i’m definitely not defending what those people were doing, i just want to defend spain and their football. :)

6. says

Nation sports fans head UK and US fans await suchlike mensa members.
    I’m with Saint Brown — the humanity doesn’t condition words (or content) constabulary. That’s fascism.
    I actually anticipate it would unusual if Beckham got author of this category of abstraction so we could see how bimestrial it took his finest “chum” Tom Voyage to disunite himself from him
    When something similar that happens, only place that alter. Everyone out; get heartwarming! No refunds!!!
    Grouping power act to move when footsore of paying for aught.
    =====================
    rowanat01

7. says

I am rowan atkinson. I agree with you. I hump it’s counterintuitive to birdsong a vie prejudiced, but man…Nation sports fans head UK and US fans await suchlike mensa members.
    When something similar that happens, only place that alter.
    Grouping power act to move when footsore of paying for aught.
    =====================
    rowanat01

8. steve says

First of all, it isn’t football, it’s “futbol” and second, everyone who plays it is a faggot, regardless of his sexual orientation. Who cares? It’s soccer.