Alex Rodriguez | Baseball | Madonna | News | Sports

A-Rod Loosened Up with Tequila Before Kissing Himself for Details

Arod1

Details reports, in their cover story, that the thing that worried A-Rod the most before the steroid revelation was the public finding out his favorite Madonna song and having it played as he stepped up to bat at an away game:

Details "Maybe Rodriguez is in denial. He's just spent the afternoon happily posing for the cover shoot for this story, showing off his strapping physique and loosening up with shots of Patrón. His pals talk of continuing the party nearby, at the remodeled Fontainebleu hotel. When he calls later there's no panic in his voice, no foreshadowing of the humiliation that he, at least, knows is coming. It really is as though his biggest concern in the world is that Madonna song. That fear is misdirected anyhow: Like an opposing team's ballpark needs any inspiration to crank up a Madonna song when A-Rod comes to the plate. Velvet-vested organists have been practicing the entire Ciccone oeuvre for months."

(photos by Steven Klein)

More shots, AFTER THE JUMP...

Arod2

Arod3
Arod5
Arod6
Arod7
Arod8

Comments

1. seriously hot...love me some A-Rod

Posted by: Derek | Mar 17, 2009 11:03:01 AM

2. You know what bugs me? A bunch of highly paid folks got together with a stunning piece of man and all any could do was throw down an old mattress and some blue tint. I have been on a jillion of these shoots and I can guarantee that there was a whole crew of people and they all stood around telling each other how "fierce" they were for thinking up this "edgy" shoot. Bollocks.

A-Rod, come over and I'll bust out my 99c store camera, Jose Cuervo Platino (Patron is for peasants), some Lady GaGa and we'll take some good pics.

Eventually.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Mar 17, 2009 11:04:54 AM

3. What silly pictures of a hot man.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 17, 2009 11:09:21 AM

4. seriously gay pictorial...what was he thinking???.....

Posted by: Chris | Mar 17, 2009 11:18:36 AM

5. You have to admit, the first pic is pretty hot in an incredibly vain, homoerotic kind of way.

Posted by: S. | Mar 17, 2009 11:29:28 AM

6. Um, so what the fuck? What's his favorite Madonna song?

Posted by: Ugh | Mar 17, 2009 11:29:49 AM

7. what does steroid-flavored jizz taste like?

Posted by: nic | Mar 17, 2009 11:33:26 AM

8. Ohhhhh, okay.

Now I get it.

Posted by: Kevin | Mar 17, 2009 11:34:39 AM

9. God gave a special blessing to the Dominican Republic, and the Dominican Republic blesses the world with human beauty. And if you think I'm being corny--go f...k yourself.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 17, 2009 11:46:38 AM

10. Details is still in print? I would never have thought.

Posted by: Hugo | Mar 17, 2009 12:01:53 PM

11. Now THERE's some kinder, gentler Derrick from Philly. LOL!

Posted by: Eric | Mar 17, 2009 12:09:37 PM

12. Of course, there's still those pesky rumors about a special friend in the Tampa area.....

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Mar 17, 2009 12:26:43 PM

13. Now, ERIC, you know by now NOT to read any comment I write on a Monday. My brain doesn't return to its regular size until Wednesday.

That photo of A-Rod lying on the mattress with his beautiful face turned toward the camera is...well, it's like looking at a Dominican Angel--just teasing us with his shirt pulled up...enticing us with what glory lies just below those abs.

He's a kinder, gentler A-Rod-- unspoiled (and un-soiled) by his fling with that middle-aged, Detroit bred shrew.

(see, when I like a man, I kinda' get carried away)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 17, 2009 12:40:19 PM

14. DEREK, your attending a Brooke Hogan photo shoot in Vegas does not equal "jillion of these shoots". That dry heat must be getting to you.

Posted by: Robert | Mar 17, 2009 12:49:10 PM

15. I wish he would just be himself and appreciate that he can be part of some "edgy" photoshoot. So you listen to Madonna. So you like kissing yourself in the mirror. Be who you are: a pretty good baseball player who happens to likes what he likes. Play ball well, ignore the hype, and live your life. It as easy said as it is done. Unless you choose not to.

Posted by: tim | Mar 17, 2009 12:55:55 PM

16. NIC

LOL

It tastes just like non steroid flavored jizz

-----------------------------------

Now he is far far hotter than madonna's new toy jesus of the dick loving as vs madge's vag.

HOT, TALL, and RICH....damn I'm shallow

Posted by: jimmyboy | Mar 17, 2009 1:01:56 PM

17. Although I like Derek W's take on this, it is almost impossible to mess up anything
    involving a man this pretty.

Posted by: Rocco | Mar 17, 2009 1:04:14 PM

18. He was one of the most naturally gifted athletes in the world, clearly bound for the Hall of Fame as one of the best shortstops to enter the game - perhaps one of the best all-around players, as well.

Then he felt the need to get on 'riods and cement that best-ever status. Now he may never even get in the hall at all. If that does happen, I'm glad Karma's still in effect.

Plus, I think he was way hotter before he got on the juice. Steroids just does weird things to the face (Barry Bonds got it worse).

Posted by: Ryan | Mar 17, 2009 1:04:52 PM

19. I love this man so much. Alex and Terrell Owens make a bitch wanna move to Utah.

Posted by: Cajiva | Mar 17, 2009 1:09:37 PM

20. I like his Kabballah bracelet...

Posted by: GIGIFigi | Mar 17, 2009 1:24:59 PM

21. I normally find him completely unattractive for some reason. But this photo shoot makes my c*ck twitch.

Posted by: Ben | Mar 17, 2009 1:37:14 PM

22. I'm sure the inspiration for this shoot was The Simpson's episode where Homer fantasizes about making out with himself.

Posted by: B | Mar 17, 2009 1:50:54 PM

23. "DEREK, your attending a Brooke Hogan photo shoot in Vegas does not equal "jillion of these shoots". That dry heat must be getting to you.

Posted by: Robert | Mar 17, 2009 12:49:10 PM"

LMAO!

As if I would EVER attend a Brooke Hogan shoot!

Ok, I SO would attend a Brooke Hogan photo shoot!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Mar 17, 2009 2:34:28 PM

24. DERRICK F.Ph.,

simma donna, girl. yes, he is dreamy. i'm an aqual opportunity homo. but there is something about the piel canela and the cafe au lait skin tones. that's why i luvs me my Rafa, even if you don't get it.

Posted by: nic | Mar 17, 2009 4:21:37 PM

25. He even has a red string on! or maybe a rubber band, but still! It also reminds me of the W photoshoot -

Posted by: Guy Ruben | Mar 17, 2009 7:32:39 PM