Crime | New York | News

New York Newsman's Teen Killer is Knife-Collecting Satanist

Katehis

Gawker has posted some photos, from the MySpace profile of John Katehis, identified by the New York Post as the 16-year-old  who confessed to the murder of WABC newsman George Weber. The two apparently met via an ad Weber had placed on Craigslist.

Writes Katehis in his profile: "I like to do crazy and wild things.im like an adrenaline junkie, I'm always looking for a big thrill, I'm a big risk taker and like to live life on the edge.I am an Extremist, an Anarchist,and a Sadomasochist. As long as you show respect for me i will show respect for you, if you disrespect me, then i will fucking break your neck."

Katehis also has a YouTube page full of prank phone calls.

Comments

1. True Tank

hey, I've been reading up on the aquatic ape as vs the hit the savanah and started running model for our loss of hair, larger fat deposits, bipedalism, etc

Have you looked into such? If so, what are your thoughts?

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 26, 2009 2:59:16 PM

2. The aquatic ape hasn't any evidence, is a classic just so story...told by storytellers, not biologists. What's really amusing is that Dan Dennett repeats this just so story in darwin's dangerous idea...more than once.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 26, 2009 3:07:03 PM

3. Thanks for the link

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 26, 2009 8:16:00 PM

4. Wow, Eric and Jimmyboyo, no wonder we still don't have equal rights in Amerika while every country in Europe and Latin America is whizzing past us. A gay man is savagely murdered, and you two instantly start blaming the victim. The whole "he paid me for rough sex" story is Katehis lawyer's spin. There is NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE of this, although you two, FOX and CNN have already judged and condemned the victim. He must have been asking for it, right? On the other hand, there is already mountains of proof that Katehis was a violent sociopathic and psychopathic timebomb waiting to go off at any minute. But... he's not 18 yet so he's the real victim?

Arrrgh! I'm sorry but I just get so frustrated when it's 2009 and there are still so many gay men so hideously twisted with self-hate that they instantly blame the gay man or lesbian in any news story, no matter how patently clear it is that the other person is at fault. It's just like watching an endless loop of "Boys in the Band" forever and ever. You're worse than the bible-thumpers. You carry your prisons around with you wherever you go.

Posted by: Ohio Joe | Mar 27, 2009 6:11:18 AM

5. I'm shocked - shocked! - that no one has yet mentioned how unattractive the kid is physically. So not worth dying for.

Posted by: homoDM | Mar 27, 2009 6:39:50 AM

6. Ohio Joe

Obviously english comprehension isn't your strong suit

I in no way blamed the victim.

Nor do I blame the supposed perp.

we don't have all the evidence, but it seems that it was a mutually agreed to hard core kink scene + drugs that went wrong unintentionally.

Neither are to blame and neither are innocent.

It is a tragedy.

------

Another thing to think about, not every gay man is a victim. That is a ghetto mentality.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 27, 2009 9:29:05 AM