Alaska | News | Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin Picks Homophobe as Alaska Attorney General Nominee

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has made her choice for Alaska's new Attorney General in Anchorage attorney Wayne Anthony Ross.

Ross_palinThe nominee comes with an ugly record which includes some choice words about gays, according to Pam Spaulding: comes with an anti-gay record: "During a fight several years ago over gay rights, [Allison] Mendel helped organize Anchorage lawyers in support of an anti-discrimination ordinance. Ross wrote a nasty letter to the Bar Association newsletter, using words like "immoral", "perversion" and "degenerates." The language went way beyond reasonable disagreement, Mendel and others said."

The Alaska House and Senate are scheduled to hear separate confirmation hearings on the appointment.

Comments

1. This is what we can expect from Palin if she ever gets into the White House! Great example of where she will be and where we will be in that event! Stop her NOW!!

Posted by: alex in boston | Mar 30, 2009 9:50:40 AM

2. Sarah Palin in 2012 would be like an early Christmas present from Jesus. Please, oh please, oh please...

Those Republican idealogues are just hell bent on ensuring that their party continues careening toward irrelevance. Perhaps they too are waiting for the younger generation to take over the party, but they just don't have anyone who's ready yet. (Bobby Jindal is sooooo inane, and, well, just look at what Palin brought.)

Imagine what might happen if one could combine the Democratic agenda with the Republican ability to pull it together and close the deal. Something good might actually happen! I know, I know... I'm dreaming again...

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 30, 2009 9:57:30 AM

3. Do you want to know what rhymes with Palin? Cocksmooch.

Posted by: Blair | Mar 30, 2009 10:03:00 AM

4. @Milkman: I prayed that George W. Bush would win the 2000 primary against John McCain, because I figured there's no way that Bush could beat Gore in an election. Turns out I was right, but still ... I no longer hope and pray for incompetent, hateful people to run on the other side. You never know what can happen.

And Pssst, Andy: the lines you quote are from Pam's blog, but they're not from Pam herself; it's a guest blogger.

Posted by: Red Seven | Mar 30, 2009 10:15:23 AM

5. Check out http://hillbuzz.wordpress.com/ or www.tammybruce.com.

Posted by: hrh40 | Mar 30, 2009 10:20:35 AM

6. Like we could expect anything else from Ms. Palin. For the sake of her state, I wish she'd just do her job as Governor and stop getting in between the pages of my newspaper (or Web sites).

But then again, we have media people who just won't let her go either and are always fishing for the best, more juiciest crapolla that they can find on the woman.

I'm torn. They are doing a great service by diminishing her chances for a Pres. run in 2012 and beyond, but they are also pissing me off.

Posted by: Bob | Mar 30, 2009 10:25:06 AM

7. No surprises here.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Mar 30, 2009 11:34:14 AM

8. But one of her best friends is gay. Does that not count for anything?

Posted by: Maverick699 | Mar 30, 2009 11:34:41 AM

9. This is why homosexuality needs to be a prerequisite for holding public office. We need to get all breeders out of power and keep them out.

Posted by: Attmay | Mar 30, 2009 11:39:41 AM

10. Palin shows her true colors by this selection of this homophobe to be attornye general. Open-minded, freedom-loving, get the government out of the bedroom? Empty words from Palin. She is a right wing ideologue, pure and simple.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 30, 2009 11:42:33 AM

11. Palin is following the Republican Party mantra of "Spread the Hate."

Posted by: 2nd Class Citizen | Mar 30, 2009 12:03:24 PM

12. It just goes to show- Sarah Palin may not know which newspapers she reads, she may be able to see Russia from her house, she has no idea what the Vice President does and she may get flustered when she can't find anyone to pray with backstage at a debate, but... oh I was gonna say something nice, but the only thing I can think is that she is a dangerous woman. I hope people will be able to see through that "aw shucks, I'm just a hockey mom " act" when she appears again in 2012.

Posted by: E. Alan | Mar 30, 2009 1:08:47 PM

13. Make Palin go away. I never even heard of her before the 2008 Presidential election, and after having been force fed information about Palin I wish I could erase it from my memory.

Posted by: CJ | Mar 30, 2009 1:49:19 PM

14. Is anyone surprised by this? Alaska used to be a fairly libertarian, live-and-let-live state. Then came the invasion of the evangie-fundies. They have made Alaska one of the great bastions of evangelical, white-trash, wing-nut politics. Believe me, this was another strategic move by Miss Sarah as she continues her inexorable march towards the 2012 Republicon nomination.

Posted by: mike | Mar 30, 2009 2:42:41 PM

15. Thanks for picking up my diary on the Blend and spreading the word. The original post is on www.bentalaska.com

Posted by: Bent Alaska | Mar 30, 2009 9:34:33 PM

16. What would you expect from a CUNT like her?

Posted by: Hdtex | Mar 30, 2009 10:02:44 PM

17. Well, I dunno...at least she's consistent. No mistaking her for an ally.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 30, 2009 10:09:28 PM

18. Listen, Palin is a homophobe...big news flash.
    Some of you are too concerned with her hair and make-up and haven´t put this all together. Palin is a dangerous wingnut.
    We should do to her what her SARAHMOONIES decided to do to any naysayer...SHUN THEM.
    She is ignorance in a bad wig.

Posted by: DEO | Mar 31, 2009 6:57:25 AM

19. folks, didn't we elect a "moral, god fearing" person 8 years agon? That didn't turn out to well now did it?

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 31, 2009 11:17:40 AM

20. Let's not forget that Palin is also stupid. Stupid and homophobe are almost always synonymous, except in the case of my last boyfriend.

Posted by: Tom | Mar 31, 2009 12:23:38 PM