Sarah Palin Picks Homophobe as Alaska Attorney General Nominee

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has made her choice for Alaska's new Attorney General in Anchorage attorney Wayne Anthony Ross.

Ross_palinThe nominee comes with an ugly record which includes some choice words about gays, according to Pam Spaulding: comes with an anti-gay record: "During a fight several years ago over gay rights, [Allison] Mendel
helped organize Anchorage lawyers in support of an anti-discrimination
ordinance. Ross wrote a nasty letter to the Bar Association newsletter,
using words like "immoral", "perversion" and "degenerates." The
language went way beyond reasonable disagreement, Mendel and others
said."

The Alaska House and Senate are scheduled to hear separate confirmation hearings on the appointment.

Comments

1. alex in boston says

This is what we can expect from Palin if she ever gets into the White House! Great example of where she will be and where we will be in that event! Stop her NOW!!

2. says

Sarah Palin in 2012 would be like an early Christmas present from Jesus. Please, oh please, oh please…

Those Republican idealogues are just hell bent on ensuring that their party continues careening toward irrelevance. Perhaps they too are waiting for the younger generation to take over the party, but they just don’t have anyone who’s ready yet. (Bobby Jindal is sooooo inane, and, well, just look at what Palin brought.)

Imagine what might happen if one could combine the Democratic agenda with the Republican ability to pull it together and close the deal. Something good might actually happen! I know, I know… I’m dreaming again…

3. Red Seven says

@Milkman: I prayed that George W. Bush would win the 2000 primary against John McCain, because I figured there’s no way that Bush could beat Gore in an election. Turns out I was right, but still … I no longer hope and pray for incompetent, hateful people to run on the other side. You never know what can happen.

And Pssst, Andy: the lines you quote are from Pam’s blog, but they’re not from Pam herself; it’s a guest blogger.

4. Bob says

Like we could expect anything else from Ms. Palin. For the sake of her state, I wish she’d just do her job as Governor and stop getting in between the pages of my newspaper (or Web sites).

But then again, we have media people who just won’t let her go either and are always fishing for the best, more juiciest crapolla that they can find on the woman.

I’m torn. They are doing a great service by diminishing her chances for a Pres. run in 2012 and beyond, but they are also pissing me off.

5. Brian says

Palin shows her true colors by this selection of this homophobe to be attornye general. Open-minded, freedom-loving, get the government out of the bedroom? Empty words from Palin. She is a right wing ideologue, pure and simple.

6. E. Alan says

It just goes to show- Sarah Palin may not know which newspapers she reads, she may be able to see Russia from her house, she has no idea what the Vice President does and she may get flustered when she can’t find anyone to pray with backstage at a debate, but… oh I was gonna say something nice, but the only thing I can think is that she is a dangerous woman. I hope people will be able to see through that “aw shucks, I’m just a hockey mom ” act” when she appears again in 2012.

7. CJ says

Make Palin go away. I never even heard of her before the 2008 Presidential election, and after having been force fed information about Palin I wish I could erase it from my memory.

8. mike says

Is anyone surprised by this? Alaska used to be a fairly libertarian, live-and-let-live state. Then came the invasion of the evangie-fundies. They have made Alaska one of the great bastions of evangelical, white-trash, wing-nut politics. Believe me, this was another strategic move by Miss Sarah as she continues her inexorable march towards the 2012 Republicon nomination.

9. DEO says

Listen, Palin is a homophobe…big news flash.
    Some of you are too concerned with her hair and make-up and haven´t put this all together. Palin is a dangerous wingnut.
    We should do to her what her SARAHMOONIES decided to do to any naysayer…SHUN THEM.
    She is ignorance in a bad wig.