Barry Diller | I'm Gay | I'm Not Gay | Matt Drudge | News

BigGayDeal.com

Matt Drudge: 'I Do Not Love Sex with Men'

Bethditto

New York magazine's Intelligencer got a "quick response" from Matt Drudge after emailing him about his placement on OUT magazine's 'Power 50' list this year along with another glass closet inhabitant, Barry Diller.

Drudge Said Drudge: “False. False. False. I do not love sex with men. My site is not anti-gay. I present both sides of the anti-choice-life issue. I am not anti-tolerant! Except against big-government freaks. I liked Chaka in the eighties, and have not watched Young and the Restless in twenty years! But I do watch Judge Judy!”

OUT editor Aaron Hicklin talked about the 'Power 50' in a Sunday piece for the UK's Guardian and why he has no problem with naming those who haven't publicly acknowledged their sexuality:

"Much has changed in two years. For a start, four of the names included in the 'Glass Closet' story that accompanied the inaugural Power 50 list have since come out, starting with Foster who finally acknowledged, in December 2007, her 'beautiful Cydney, who sticks with me through the rotten and the bliss'. Second, we are now in Barack Obama's America, opening up a very different vista for gays and lesbians, in which the days of being knocked back and forth between evangelical Republicans and poll-sensitive Democrats seem, finally, to be numbered."

Comments

1. I don't particularly care what Matt Drudge's sexuality is. I don't even care about his politics. I only desire two things: that he actually have journalistic ethics, any ethics... hell, I'll settle for him being a human being, and, more importantly, he hire a decent web designer because every time I've ever gone to his website I've wound up with a headache, and not from his reporting.

Posted by: Jonathan | Apr 6, 2009 9:28:53 AM

2. Given what a douchebag he seems to be, I'm guessing no men love sex with him either, at least not without a fee being paid.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Apr 6, 2009 9:32:00 AM

3. "I do not love sex with men" is the most interesting denial since "I prefer to date in Europe."

Posted by: sam | Apr 6, 2009 9:36:41 AM

4. So does that mean he has sex with men but he just doesn't love it?

Posted by: Wayne | Apr 6, 2009 9:39:53 AM

5. Then, much like your reporting, you're not doing it right, Matt.

Posted by: Aaron | Apr 6, 2009 9:54:56 AM

6. ugh. I would call him a weasel, but don't want to insult weasels. Can we return him for a player to be named later?

Posted by: Odsbjorn | Apr 6, 2009 9:58:19 AM

7. Uh, Matt does mean you love sex with T-girls whose male anatomies are still intact??

Just asking.

Posted by: Mark (another one) | Apr 6, 2009 10:06:28 AM

8. Some people straight and gay just do not enjoy sex. Pity for them!
    I would like to know what makes his, drudge, site anit-gay?
    and let me know when Obama changes things for gays in this country. Hasn't happened yet and his stances say its not likely to happen. I just don't understand giving him a pass.

Posted by: ousslander | Apr 6, 2009 10:20:20 AM

9. Drudge was outed eons ago by Jeanette Walls. At that time he said he was "dating someone with breasts."

ROTFALMAO!

Walls talked to an ex-boyfriend of Drudge's who revealed that not only is he gay, but he likes having sex fully-clothed in the shower, eating cake, and getting raw egss broken over his head.

No, I am not making this up.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 6, 2009 10:28:28 AM

10. I would hardly call Jodie Foster`s thanking her ``beautiful Sydney`` a coming out. It seemed to me more like it was carefully worded to be vague to those who don`t know her life story. I`m sure if focus groups had been asked afterward what that meant, most would have guessed that she had either spent time in her beloved Australia or that she has a husband, son or daughter, dear friend, sister or brother or agent named Sydney.
    If she had said, ``I`d like to thank my beautiful wife, Sydney, THAT would have been a coming out.

Posted by: GregV | Apr 6, 2009 11:07:29 AM

11. Ah, I recall the early days of Matt Drudge's reporting, when he would post to the ol' trailer park in alt.showbiz.gossip. Pity he turned out the way he has.

Posted by: latebrosus | Apr 6, 2009 11:24:02 AM

12. Matt Drudge: 'I Do Not Love Sex with Men'

Thank god....

Posted by: Bernie | Apr 6, 2009 11:26:20 AM

13. The interesting thing about Drudge is that he gets a pass from most major news organizations who want to benefit from links to their content on his site. It's amazing -- all the outlets we respect will not touch him with a ten-foot pole.

That's the real story here.

PS National Enquirer should assign a PI to follow him for a few weeks and see what he gets up to.

Posted by: Freddy | Apr 6, 2009 11:44:30 AM

14. 'I Do Not Love Sex with Men'

No, he actually adddddooooorrres sex with men. Perez Hilton for the LCRs.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Apr 6, 2009 11:44:48 AM

15. I do not love having sex with men.... Christ. I guess that means he might like it, dislike it, adore it... etc. Drudge's mental development stopped at c. age 13. Typical of conservatives... so long as they are technically not lying, it's OK to give a lying impression! (Bush did this the entire duration of his failed presidency). So if Drudge loves sex with boys, then his statement is technically correct. If Drudge likes sex with men, but doesn't LOVE it, then he's technically not lying --and I'm sure he can convince himself that he likes/not loves sex with men, if only to be able to provide a statement to the press that would lead one to believe that he is not gay. What a total phoney!

Posted by: dancobbb@aol.com | Apr 6, 2009 1:45:19 PM

16. Is it too obvious to say that this supposed exposer of secrets is trying to keep a few of his own?

Posted by: anon | Apr 6, 2009 2:00:33 PM

17. He does not love sex with men because he prefers sex with boys like all conservative men do.

Posted by: Pheel | Apr 6, 2009 2:31:31 PM

18. The references to Matt liking Chaka Khan and the "Young and the Restless" come from my book, ALL I COULD BARE. But I make it VERY clear that this was from the time when we hung out in the 80s. For the record, I also haven't watched the "Young and the Restless" in 20 years, but still LOVE Chaka Khan. - Craig Seymour

Posted by: Craig Seymour | Apr 6, 2009 3:38:22 PM

19. seems he has the perfect last name!

Posted by: David B. 2 | Apr 6, 2009 4:28:15 PM

20. "anti-tolerant"? I guess he's so powerful he can make up words.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 6, 2009 4:55:30 PM

21. Well, maybe he just likes it but doesn't LOVE it. I have days like that.

Posted by: johnny | Apr 6, 2009 5:29:02 PM

22. People kept asking me about it, so I posted the excerpt of what I wrote about Matt Drudge in my memoir on my blog: http://www.craigspoplife.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-i-wrote-about-matt-drudge.html

Posted by: Craig Seymour | Apr 6, 2009 6:05:45 PM

23. Alec Baldwin said it best in The Advocate's Big Gay Following when asked about Drudge's alleged come-on.

"Has he come out? I just remember thinking, Why is he so uptight about being gay? Who’s worried about that anymore? And I wasn’t calling him gay. I just said he hit on me, which I found unusual. Because he's somebody who could vilify me politically, but he sure didn’t seem like he wanted to vilify me when we were in the hallway. And maybe he’s not gay. Maybe he just had some sort of moment there in the hallway."

Posted by: George | Apr 6, 2009 11:21:20 PM

24. Hmmm. Well, if Matt only hits on guys he would normally vilify, I can see why he wouldn't love having sex with them. Also there's the shower, cake and eggs thing. The dry cleaning bills must be horrendous.

Posted by: David D. | Apr 7, 2009 9:46:32 AM

25. Aaron Hicklin's piece didn't live up to its title. No where does he really explain why he feels the need, let alone the right, to out people.

Hicklin's piece was the sort of drivel one expects from an intellectually lazy leftist. The man comes across as a complete ass.

Posted by: David C | Apr 7, 2009 1:46:16 PM