I'm Not Gay | Music | News | Prince

BigGayDeal.com

Prince is Not Gay, But He is a Fancy Lesbian

Prince

According to former Revolution members Wendy and Lisa.

The lesbian duo give a terrific interview to OUT in which they discuss their own relationship, how Prince manipulated their image as 'the lesbian bandmates' back in the day and how they felt protected by it, producer Trevor Horn's rabid homophobia, and Prince himself.

Wendylisa Here's a brief excerpt:

Did you first think Prince was gay?

Lisa: He was little and kinda prissy and everything. But he’s so not gay.

Wendy: He’s a girl, for sure, but he’s not gay. He looked at me like a gay woman would look at another woman.

Lisa: Totally. He’s like a fancy lesbian.

Wendy: I remember being at that “Sexuality” video shoot and him on stage with that little black jacket and that tie thing around his neck and his black pants with white buttons on the side. And we looked at each other for the first time and I thought, “Oh, I could so fall in love with that girl easy.” It doesn’t matter what sexuality, gender you are. You’re in the room with him and he gives you that look and you’re like, “Okay, I’m done. It’s over.” He’s Casanova. He’s Valentino.

You may recall Prince came under fire recently after he indicated he agreed with the most anti-gay interpretations of the Bible as a Jehovah's Witness. According to the article, "When asked about his perspective on social issues—gay marriage, abortion—Prince tapped his Bible and said, 'God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like, 'Enough.''"

Comments

1. Prince promoting Jehovah's Witnesses cult may not last when he finds out that it's all lies.

Posted by: Danny Haszard | Apr 17, 2009 12:25:51 PM

2. The Trevor Horn thing is upsetting. Sometimes it's better not to hear these things.

It's kind of iffy anyhow because he produced for Frankie Goes to Hollywood, David Bowie and The Pet Shop Boys which is at least slightly un-homophobic.

Dear Catastrophe Waitress is still brilliant, and I was never a Wendy & Lisa fan anyhow. Not big on people who go places because of nepotism.

Posted by: paul c | Apr 17, 2009 12:35:56 PM

3. I was going to question the Horn accusation as well. The PSB's went back to work with him, after all. When he was producing Fundamental he would have sat listening to The Sodom and Gomorrah show countless times. He could have merely guarded his opinions on those occasions, of course.

Posted by: John C | Apr 17, 2009 12:59:38 PM

4. Prince aka Midget Dipped in Pubic hair, can go fuck himself. Back in the day Miss Thang was all crusing me at an under 21 gay bar. (1981)

Fucker has a shit load of gay buck in her purse and now talk shit?

Fuck her! Take your ass outside and wash it in some Purple Rain, bitch.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Apr 17, 2009 1:01:13 PM

5. That bit about Trevor Horn is puzzling as he did so much great work with very gay artists. Frankie Goes To Hollywood could not have been more queer, and he created a major extravaganza for their debut album ...

Nonetheless, people do change or maybe his issue is particular to lesbians. Perhaps he just did not care for Wendy and/or Lisa, or maybe he was on drugs that made him rant and rave that way.

Posted by: Marty | Apr 17, 2009 1:06:18 PM

6. Gay or Lesbian, Prince belongs to a fundamentalist American religion run by dishonest power-hungry leaders who are extremely homophobic. I worked at the Brooklyn headquarters of the Watchtower from 1974 to 1980 when we were told not to wear jeans and white tennis shoes outside of our complex, as people might think we were gay. We were instructed personally by former President Nathan Knorr NOT TO TOUCH OTHERS in affection for fear we might start something gay. This organization is a blight on all people, don't let up on them. Thousands have died over the blood transfusion issue alone. I was a Bethel elder, speaking representative, and one of the factory overseers, in charge of all their Bible printing for several years. I was NOT kicked out, but left because of their childish desire to control everything their people do. I hope Prince has fun! Don't expect him to ever be the same again.

Posted by: Randall Watters | Apr 17, 2009 1:15:12 PM

7. Great interview if you follow the link to Out! It's terrific to read such a revealing interview w/ the 2 of them. I love their songs "waterfall", "sideshow" and some stuff from "fruit at the bottom." Thanks for posting, Andy!

Posted by: Daniel | Apr 17, 2009 1:20:33 PM

8. I love this interview. I've been a huge Prince (the old Prince - not the new idiot Prince) fan since the 80's and loved the mystery surrounding Wendy & Lisa while they were in the Revolution. It was great to also hear that they worked on the new Grace Jones. Love them!!

Posted by: Pierre | Apr 17, 2009 2:02:07 PM

9. Gay or not, who the fuck cares, he's a freak. He was a nut when he changed his name to a symbol. I see no change.

Posted by: James Poppinga | Apr 17, 2009 6:11:01 PM

10. Prince has already come out and said the reporter to paraphrased what he said was wrong. How can Prince be homophobic when he's worked with openly gay and lesbian people since 1982? Please...

Posted by: Rodrigo | Apr 17, 2009 8:35:23 PM

11. Paul C - Wendy and Lisa HARDLY have had a career simply because of nepotism. Yes, they have somewhat famous fathers, but those guys are D-list in the industry in terms of recognition, not enough to "get" them anywhere.

I don't think Prince gave a fuck WHO their daddies were, as long as they knew how to play and get down.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks producing a few gay artists makes Trevor Horn some sort of protected gay ally. Money talks, bitches. And it doesn't make sense that two people noted for their Garbo-like silence about their personal lives would suddenly decide to make up a big fat fucking lie about someone just to famewhore and get more clicks on teh Internets. I'd be more apt to believe them.

I'm sad that every word about W&L is still overshadowed by Prince. Quite frankly, I thought they brought something special to the Revolution, and I have never enjoyed Prince as much since they left. They should be recognized for their body of work, their fantastic new album, and all the great shit they've done for TV and film.

Posted by: Spike | Apr 18, 2009 6:01:04 PM

12. ::Gay or not, who the fuck cares, he's a freak. He was a nut when he changed his name to a symbol. I see no change.::

The symbol actually had a purpose. It was about Warner Brothers not giving him the rights to his own name and music and the power struggle of a music company ripping off an artist. I don't see how changing a name to a symbol (especially if there's a point to it) makes someone a freak. He's original and the world seriously lacks that, he's not hurting anyone. Lastly, Prince is a genius and anyone who has that kind of artistic mind is going to be singular and unique. I may not agree with his views but I don't think that's a reason to call someone a freak. Charles Manson is a freak. Prince is an artist.

Posted by: Ken | Apr 18, 2009 11:59:02 PM

13. Don't misunderstand Prince's point. He is not homophobic. Obviously he is comfortable with diverse sexual expression. He does think his religious belief superceeds equal civil rights. It is worse than homophobes. A phobia is an exaggerated or illogical fear. I can almost feel sorry for the ones unable to overcome an unreasonable fear, but this douche is ok with us as long as we don't want equality. It's ok though, his imaginary friend (god with a little g) punishes judgemental jerks like Prince (with a little _ ).

Posted by: Rikard | Apr 20, 2009 11:01:20 AM

14. Prince is a dumbass. I don't care if he belongs to the false religion of Jebobah's Witlesses or not. Zesus saw people belonging to a false Christianite denomination and believing whatever and he decided to just clear it out. The god of the bible's name is Yahweh not 'Jehovah' which is a stupid name and he is a false god to begin with. The bible is nothing more than a book of desert fairytales. Two men can get freaky with each other if they want to.

Posted by: JVKL | Oct 5, 2012 6:12:33 PM