Gay Marriage | Iowa | Michael Savage | News

Radio Host Michael Savage: Same-Sex Marriage a Victory for Perversion

Right wing radio host Michael Savage remarked on the Iowa same-sex marriage ruling on his show The Savage Nation.

Savage Said Savage: "So there are the vermin now celebrating twisted perverse marriage in the middle of America. It's a victory for perversion in my opinion. You want me to tell you what makes me sick? When I see two puffy white males kissing each other, I wanna puke. When I see two women kissing each other, on the lips, as lovers, I wanna vomit. Why? It's unnatural. It's against all of the laws of mankind. It's against all the laws of humankind. It is suicide for a society to embrace such behavior."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. here's your problem, dan savage. you are imagining yourself kissing another puffy white guy like you. that picture disgusts me, too.

Posted by: nic | Apr 7, 2009 9:58:43 AM

2. "puffy white males"?!? I guess he's ok with in-shape men of color.

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Apr 7, 2009 9:59:39 AM

3. Savage Weiner didn't think it was so disgusting when he put the moves on Allen Ginsberg back in the day. Allen, being sane, turned Savage Weiner down.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 7, 2009 10:03:31 AM

4. Michael Savage, AKA Michael Weiner, of course, once wrote that he wanted to photograph his one-time friend Allen Ginsberg's butthole, and elsewhere wrote of his erotic encounters with men, though he now claims the evidence is made-up. The guy is clearly a fucked-up closet case, and the problem for Savage these days is that it is harder and harder to conceal that behind a facade of verbal gay-bashing.

Posted by: Rick | Apr 7, 2009 10:03:35 AM

5. Anybody notice that the pictures of Rick Warren and Michael Savage are virtually identical? Are they the same person?

Posted by: Roscoe | Apr 7, 2009 10:07:19 AM

6. An expression of love, care and affection makes him sick? What an ugly world he must live in.

Posted by: John M | Apr 7, 2009 10:07:23 AM

7. Nic, maybe that was just a typo, but this is not Dan Savage the gay sex advice columnist, it`s MICHAEL Savage (stage name for Michael Weiner} the right wing lunatic radio host.

Posted by: GregV | Apr 7, 2009 10:09:01 AM

8. What i would wish on people like savage, coulter, limbaugh and their ilk i cannot print!

Posted by: alex in boston | Apr 7, 2009 10:11:08 AM

9. What's really "unnatural", Mr. Savage, is right-wing bigoted extremists like yourself getting paid big bucks for using the public airwaves to spout this kind of perverse dribble about gays (and gun-rights and Democratically-run government). You, sir, are the truly dirty, filthy vermin in this story. I suppose you're a member of the Flat Earth Society and a creationist, too!? Uh oh, now that I've written about Savage/Weiner, I think I need to go to the bathroom and vomit.

Posted by: Rob in Texas | Apr 7, 2009 10:22:38 AM

10. "Anybody notice that the pictures of Rick Warren and Michael Savage are virtually identical? Are they the same person?"

All puffy white men look the same to me.

Posted by: John | Apr 7, 2009 10:24:24 AM

11. GREGV,

yes, it was a brain fart on my part. dan savage is a smart good-looking man; michael savage is ugly and stupid.

Posted by: nic | Apr 7, 2009 10:26:24 AM

12. @ ROSCOE: Not only do they look the same, but they look like, gasp, to puffy white men one would encounter in an S&M dungeon strung up on a harness and getting plowed by a mechanical fist. Not that I've ever been to one...not that there's anything wrong with it...lol. Ok, gotta go puke with that image in mind.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Apr 7, 2009 10:28:08 AM

13. I meant "two" in my prev. post.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Apr 7, 2009 10:28:49 AM

14. That's really odd, I find two girls kissing hot. Is this guy sure he's not a self hating gay?
    'cause in this day and age no one cares, come out and live the rest of your life happily, you may even be able to get married one day, if people don't veto your rights... (sorry, I'm very bitter)

Posted by: Sean Newham | Apr 7, 2009 10:33:45 AM

15. But if the 2 women were kissing, on the lips, as orgy-participating non-lovers, he'd be getting his rocks off watching it.

Bastard.

Posted by: mrmnyc | Apr 7, 2009 10:34:25 AM

16. Are we boycotting Rockstar and Pepsi yet?

Posted by: Steve | Apr 7, 2009 10:58:56 AM

17. There's nothing to "argue" with here: this is hate speech, pure and simple.

Posted by: E. | Apr 7, 2009 11:00:41 AM

18. This piece of shit deserves whatever fate has in store for him. He should be very afraid.

Posted by: hank | Apr 7, 2009 11:04:38 AM

19. someone is bitter. oh well. not our problem. we're winning, so there. it's still a slow process, but it's happening. :-D

Posted by: liz templin | Apr 7, 2009 11:12:10 AM

20. 1) it's Michael Savage, not DAN Savage LOL... Poor Dan is an absolute saint and a pillar of our community.

2) I totally agree -- he's a closet case, and regardless, how do you argue with this person? His beliefs are founded not in reason and argument, but pure fear and hatred.

Posted by: Freddy | Apr 7, 2009 11:21:35 AM

21. Er, "vermin"?!?

This hate speech needs to get exposed to the FCC. And we need a list of the Savage Weiner's sponsors, so we can organize a little information campaign telling them how calling law-abiding people "vermin" sure makes us disinclined to purchase their products. It DOES work, people.

Posted by: Grizelda Brown, RN and Sister in Crime | Apr 7, 2009 11:24:03 AM

22. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much..." seriously applies in his case.

Posted by: Jude | Apr 7, 2009 11:27:14 AM

23. I see a mass kiss-in coming at the radio station! :-) Or is that "kiss-off"?

Posted by: Marc | Apr 7, 2009 11:30:58 AM

24. NIC, it's MICHAEL Savage, not Dan Savage--Dan Savage is probably having a coronary right now reading that you got the two of them confused!

Posted by: troschne | Apr 7, 2009 11:35:26 AM

25. What is so troubling when you hear bigots like this is the sobering reality of how many weak-minded nutjobs will feel thusly inspired and justified to badly hurt or murder one of us. How is Michael Savage different from the wackjob Mullahs who preach hate out of Sadr City? I think we have no choice but to accept the reality of free speech, but we must actively confront hate speech with an ANSWER. This guy is like a Twilight Zone episode of "If the Nazis had won ..."

Posted by: Tom | Apr 7, 2009 11:40:19 AM