Belgium | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

The Sound of Spontaneous Musical Theatre

Antwerp

I guess this is Antwerp, Belgium's answer to Improv Everywhere.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. More likely a reply to T-Mobile's ad filmed at Liverpool Street Station.

Posted by: Kenneth | Apr 2, 2009 3:14:55 PM

2. Wow. It gladdens the heart to see something like this. Even if it isn't a "community" thing, it just represents everything that's good about the world.

Posted by: Henry | Apr 2, 2009 3:22:52 PM

3. See what happens when you allow Gay people to marry? They become happy highly choreographed Broadway musical singing humans.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Apr 2, 2009 3:23:57 PM

4. wow... it's nice

Posted by: Liong | Apr 2, 2009 3:34:20 PM

5. even if i didn't know the choreography, i would have jumped right in there. what a joy.

Posted by: nic | Apr 2, 2009 3:34:49 PM

6. Whatever it is, I LOVE IT!!!

I absolutely LOVE The Sound of Music and Julie Andrews. It positively exhilarates me. I get goose bumps!

I don't care if that makes me sound like a big squishy fairy. I first saw that film when I was in 3rd grade and fell in love with it.

I WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE PEOPLE SPONTANEOUSLY BURST NTO SONG AND DANCE.

If not that, then one where people spontaneously burst into flame would be rather exciting!

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Apr 2, 2009 3:37:26 PM

7. My friend sent this to me yesterday and I posted it on my facebook, it's so awesome!
    and I love that it's to the sound of music which is like one of my all time favourite movies

Posted by: Derek | Apr 2, 2009 3:46:07 PM

8. Hahaha, I always kid with some of my friends that they would love to live life in a musical, and this is probably the closest thing. This one is really good too!

Posted by: MichaelK | Apr 2, 2009 3:48:53 PM

9. just makes me smile...

Posted by: troy | Apr 2, 2009 3:57:37 PM

10. This is indeed recorded in the Central Train Station of Antwerp (voted for the 4th most beautiful of the world by newsweek).
    It's a promotion campaign for a new tv show 'In search for Maria'. Where they search for the starring role (Maria von Trapp) in the musical The Sound of Music.

Posted by: Maria von Trapp | Apr 2, 2009 3:59:18 PM

11. Indeed. It makes me smile, even if it is a complete rip-off of the T-mobile advert.

Posted by: George | Apr 2, 2009 4:13:26 PM

12. F. A. B. U. L. O. U. S.

If you want to live in a world where people burst into song and dance, then make it happen.

When I was studying at Julliard (the paleolithic period) we would often do just that around the fountain of Lincoln Centre. I still remember rushing out of class at SAB onto the sqaure and performing the opening ballet from West Side Story.

Ah youth! It is not always wasted on the young.

Posted by: rudy | Apr 2, 2009 4:37:37 PM

13. If this was Belgium's Improv Everywhere wouldn't they also be doing something oh so funny like pretending to be drill saergents screaming at a group of 6 year-old girls how fat and ugly they are -- or maybe running up to cancer patients and pulling off their wigs?...

Posted by: David B. | Apr 2, 2009 5:23:39 PM

14. I am, at this moment, happier than I've been in months. Thank you.

Posted by: Elsewhere | Apr 2, 2009 7:34:51 PM

15. I want to play!!!!

Posted by: tim | Apr 2, 2009 8:34:46 PM

16. Heavenly, even if just a plug for a TV show, if only for the expression on the face of the old woman in a hat whom we see once or twice...

Posted by: Muscato | Apr 3, 2009 3:15:39 AM

17. Happy, happy, tears streaming, heart swelling, feet tapping, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Posted by: Annie | Apr 3, 2009 11:54:32 AM

18. OK, so what's this t-mobile ad everyone's talking about?

Posted by: Timothy | Apr 3, 2009 3:51:27 PM

19. Yup, Sound of Music is still one of my favorite movies of all time....love it!
    I smiled at the whole video,- a definite feel good....

Posted by: alibug | Apr 5, 2009 3:16:01 PM