Adam Lambert | American Idol | News | Tina Turner

Adam Lambert Does Tina Turner: 'What's Love Got to Do With It'

Tina

A Euro dance outfit named Brazen (the alter ego of Northern Irish artist Aaron McClelland, aka Fonzerelli) has put out  a cover single of Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It" featuring Adam Lambert on vocals. Arjan Writes suspects it was recorded well before the singer's Idol rise, but does feature Lambert's characteristic shrieks.

Fonzerelli and Lambert work together under the name Digital Glitter. There have been some other tracks circulating under that name. Fonzerelli released a track this month called "Dreamin'" which has been getting a lot of attention.

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. SOOOOOOO GOOD!

Posted by: Mark | Jun 19, 2009 9:57:27 AM

2. Nothing unique here, boring actually :-(

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 19, 2009 9:57:44 AM

3. awesome

Posted by: maxx | Jun 19, 2009 10:13:46 AM

4. I like a lot of his pre-idol music-- Pop Goes The Camera, Kiss and Tell, Crawl Thru Fire, Glamorize, Oh My Ra, The Circle, etc.

Posted by: Josh | Jun 19, 2009 10:16:28 AM

5. I'm sure there will be a ton of comments posted by nay-sayers, but I'm a sucker for gay dance music. Pairing Adam's vocals with a Tina Turner classic is just pure dance floor heaven! Now, if I could only have a cocktail while I listen to this at work.

Posted by: mikey | Jun 19, 2009 10:17:51 AM

6. great cover. good on Adam, bad on Andy. i did not hear any shrieks. instead of lame music criticism, perhaps you should concentrate on cutting the download time of your website. if you want to play with the big boys, you need to pay attention. you apologized for the slack-jawed handling of your own website, you asked for suggestions, yet you have done nothing. lookit, i am a big fan of yours, but i am going to ride your ass until you fix it, or you ban me from this site. fix it goddammit!

Posted by: nic | Jun 19, 2009 10:23:53 AM

7. Love it! He rocks!

Posted by: Bobby | Jun 19, 2009 10:27:11 AM

8. According to UK site Juno, this was released internationally October 2008 on Mena Music. Fonzerelli does some hot mixes, with my particular favorite being his rework of Henrik B's "Soul Heaven".

Posted by: Sean Mac | Jun 19, 2009 10:37:51 AM

9. Plenty of shrieks - most are background vocals. Quite honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I still won't buy it, but it wasn't horrible.

Posted by: JayDub | Jun 19, 2009 10:40:00 AM

10. Forgive me for omitting this in the last post, but the singles "Oh My Ra" and "Gigalo" (as Digital Glitter) are also available on Juno. Nice!

Posted by: Sean Mac | Jun 19, 2009 10:41:10 AM

11. It would have been better to just remix Tina's original. His version improves on hers in no way whatsoever.

Sam Harris 2.0

Posted by: paul c | Jun 19, 2009 10:52:07 AM

12. Tina's original remixed like this would probably be better, but this is ADAM'S version and it sounds good.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jun 19, 2009 11:12:44 AM

13. Nice to actually hear Adam sing. And being Tina's biggest fan ever I was biased before hearing it. But he does a nice job. I also have to agree with Nic...this site takes forever to load.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 19, 2009 11:25:39 AM

14. Here's the full version of the tune...

Posted by: Rick | Jun 19, 2009 11:30:53 AM

15. I just got the "cannot accept that data" message trying to leave a comment about the passport story. What's the deal??? Since when are Gem and the Holograms offensive?

Posted by: ZnSD | Jun 19, 2009 1:15:02 PM

16. I'm becoming an Adam fan. yikes

Posted by: frank | Jun 19, 2009 1:16:33 PM

17. I really hope his album is made up of more than just gay house music...

Posted by: Cameron Johnson | Jun 19, 2009 1:30:09 PM

18. I don't comment much here, although I am on the site 5 days a week. I would like to let you know Andy, that I find myself not "jumping" nearly as much as I used to due to the length of time it takes to reload your site. That is a shame for both of us.

Posted by: MikeyDallas | Jun 19, 2009 1:42:00 PM

19. Love it. Buy Adam.

Posted by: Bill | Jun 19, 2009 2:02:23 PM

20. yes, i get the "cannot accept that data" error message too. it is quite annoying. i then have to cut and paste my comment to e-mail, because my opinion is sacred, and everyone is entitled to it -- well in my head anyways -- then paste it back to Towleroad.

Andy, u knows i luvs ya, and you're doing a good job, but fix it already. ex's ond oh's to you, my friend.

Posted by: nic | Jun 19, 2009 2:05:59 PM

21. Oh, joy. More boring, tedious cha-cha music.

Posted by: Spike | Jun 20, 2009 12:48:04 PM