Bill O'Reilly | Gay Marriage | Harry Jackson | News

BigGayDeal.com

Bishop Harry Jackson: Far Left 'Loons' Attacking Me Over Marriage

Harryjackson

Bishop Harry Jackson, who has been leading the charge against marriage equality as well as the D.C. Council's decision to recognize same-sex marriages performed elsewhere, claims that he has been attacked by the far left and gay rights activists:

"Well, they hacked into my records, found out when I registered to vote in the District of Columbia. They printed in two newspapers my home address and the address of houses I own in the Maryland region, outside D.C. And, uh, there have been emails that have gone forth saying that they want to destroy my church. Kind of amazing, isn’t it?"

Unfortunately for Jackson's argument, everything he noted that was hacked is public information.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This ugly bitch needs to shut the fuck up!

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jun 12, 2009 12:26:16 PM

2. Amazing that he conveniently forgets to mention *why* his residence is a matter of such great interest:

Long story short, he's pretending to live in D.C. so he can push his anti-gay referendum; if it's discovered that it's all fake, it could at least slow them down.

Posted by: Drew | Jun 12, 2009 12:44:10 PM

3. "....everything he noted that was hacked is public information."

Andy, shame on you for thinking religious right people tell the truth

:-)

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jun 12, 2009 12:49:09 PM

4. Of course, part of the the interesting aspect about the DC residence is that he has a male roommate in a building with large gay tenancy.

Perhaps the Bishop doesn't want his church to find out that he is on the DL.

Posted by: Ed | Jun 12, 2009 12:51:17 PM

5. what a couple of hypocritical smug douches. MLK must be rolling over in his grave to have this jerk attributing hatred to MLK's actions like his own.

Posted by: frank | Jun 12, 2009 12:52:11 PM

6. "It's a declaration of war," he said. I guess playing a huge, ugly victim is his way of waging war. Pathetic.

Posted by: Bruno | Jun 12, 2009 12:59:46 PM

7. I swear I hate thesepeople more and more.....weren't they - the same people and thier ILK who published Dr Tiller's info home address etc ..so that radical nutz could stalk him????

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jun 12, 2009 1:10:01 PM

8. That's the problem with reading TR, you get political comments along with hot model pics!

Posted by: anon | Jun 12, 2009 1:23:20 PM

9. He comes across like the kind of down-low fairy who whacks off while reading the Bible verses about Jesus getting whipped.

Posted by: MikeMick | Jun 12, 2009 1:35:08 PM

10. Why is this Bishop so concerned with his home address being released. His church is a public place as defined by the law; the white pages still exist and if he is unlisted there a simple google phone book search should be enough.

Is he trying to hide his residency due to the fact he is in MD and not DC?

Is he trying to pretend he isnt as well off? After all, his money comes from his church and he isnt supposed to be rich.

And what the hell is Bill saying he supports him because he is an American. Are we not all Americans?

If people can decide to over rule a constitutional right, like they did in California, cant we vote slavery back?

Dont take that in the wrong context, Im simply stating the obvious. If people are in fact not all equal in our society, then lets have a vote and whatever minority comes out at the bottom, lets take their humanity away completely.

This is the train of thought that comes to my mind after hearing these ignorant bigots.

Posted by: macscruff | Jun 12, 2009 1:47:43 PM

11. "Far left Loons?" As opposed to believing in invisible-magic-person-in-the-sky-that-has-no-basis-in-reality far right loons?

I'm a rational loon for the left, and I'm loving his hysterical, irrational, lying far right loony hate. Go for it, you over-indulgent, chubby gas bag before someone drops a house on you.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jun 12, 2009 2:18:28 PM

12. "...cant we vote slavery back?"

You could try, MACSCRUFF, but who are you going to enslave this time? Not me, baby.
    There must some way to chastise anti-gay black bigots without insulting other black folks--even homo ones comme moi.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 12, 2009 2:47:59 PM

13. Actually, MACSCRUFF, I understand: emotions get aroused when you hear bigots spout crap. I'd be a two-faced liar if I didn't admit it. The other day I said things about Jesse Helms that could be offensive to white southerners in general...so, I understand how emotion can get in the way of consideration.

Speak on!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 12, 2009 2:55:01 PM

14. Yes, you are just lucky hanging people from a tree is illegal

Posted by: Godfrey | Jun 12, 2009 3:23:46 PM

15. This isn't the first time preachers who live in MD but work for churches in DC have tried to interfere with the District government and citizens. They've protested liquor licenses for bars and clubs. And most of their "flocks" don't live in DC either. They just clog the streets double-parking on Sundays, and keep residents from being able to get to their own cars.

Posted by: Tom | Jun 12, 2009 3:30:35 PM

16. Actually, his church isn't in DC either, Tom. It's in Prince George's county. So not only does he not live in DC, he doesn't have professional reason to be here, either.

I'd also like to know what kind of "bishop" this guy actually is. What national church is he affiliated with.

Often, I've seen egotistical fools try to justify their own religious nonsense by calling themselves "bishops," "priests," or other religious titles in some attempt to make themselves appear legitimate.

This guy is a fraud and his stupid bs amendment should be flushed down the toilet.

Posted by: DC Guy | Jun 12, 2009 4:21:44 PM

17. "Yes, you are just lucky hanging people from a tree is illegal"

It always was, Crac...ooops, there I go again. Excuse me, please.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 12, 2009 4:26:26 PM

18. This is a civil rights issue and NOT a religeous one. I am sorry bishop, but you hardly represent Martin Luther King as he agreed that all men were equal and deserved equal rights...including gays! Even Coretta Scott King was on our side. So how is it that you can evoke his words in such a hateful and discriminating manner?

As for O'Reilly, he is nothing short of the loon of which he speaks! Total scare tactics and BS!

Posted by: RB | Jun 12, 2009 6:16:31 PM

19. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American....a douche is a douche is a douche.

The man clearly ignores Coretta Scott King and Bayard Rustin while invoking MLK.

Posted by: Wheezy | Jun 12, 2009 8:52:01 PM

20. "Yes, you are just lucky hanging people from a tree is illegal

Posted by: Godfrey | Jun 12, 2009 3:23:46 PM"

Huh?

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jun 12, 2009 11:24:13 PM

21. I'm puzzled by Godfrey, and a lot of other comments I see on this board. Whenever we're (as a community) met with actions or commentary we dislike, which is often, its perhaps easiest to lash out at the simplest and most typical aspects to "level the playing field". But come on, its falling into the same trap these religious fundamentalists are. This guy is wrong, his belief system on this issue flies in the face of the tolerance he invokes when mentioning Dr. King. The kneejerk biggotry that others are invoking about slavery and lynchings speaks to just the same sort of biases and perpetuates similar problems.

If we're to be forever fragmented into "us" and "them" and allow ourselves to continue to be wedged into divergent camps, none of these issues are ever going to be properly resolved. I'm often weirded out whenever I hear people of a given minority group being just as bigoted or worse than those in the majority, but its pretty typical fare these days.

Also, I'm thinking lots of people are "lucky" hanging people from a tree is illegal you utter regressive dinosaur.

Posted by: g_whiz | Jun 13, 2009 1:16:42 PM

22. Well, i do agree that marriage is on "life support" and "under attack". I can't help but wonder how many divorced folks are in his church and how many single mothers belong there? If he really want's to protect marriage he can but it won't get him nearly the publicity this approach has.
    Perhaps his inflated sense of self importance and piety have clouded his humility.

Posted by: Mike Reid | Apr 28, 2010 12:58:07 PM