Adam Lambert | Amsterdam | Connecticut | Crime | Delaware | Discrimination | Gay Marriage | Iran | Israel | Jerusalem | Mark Sanford | New York | News | Richard Nixon | Rosie O'Donnell | Seattle | South Carolina | Transgender | Whitney Houston

News: Gay Exorcism, Father Cutie, Rosie O'Donnell, Neda, Nixon

road

Karger: Is the Mormon Church hiding its funding for the National Organization for Marriage?

Exorcism

road

Exorcism in Connecticut: Getting the gay demon out.

road

Senate Judiciary Committee holds hearings on hate crimes bill.

road

Body of pilot Marc Dubois and flight attendant among those recovered from Air France crash site. Black boxes not found. Will ping for only a few more days.

road

Transgender in a virtual world.

road

Rosie O'Donnell to host Sirius XM radio show.

road

Iran: Neda's family forced from home. "The Iranian authorities have ordered the family of Neda Agha Soltan out of their Tehran home after shocking images of her death were circulated around the world. Neighbours said that her family no longer lives in the four-floor apartment building on Meshkini Street, in eastern Tehran, having been forced to move since she was killed. The police did not hand the body back to her family, her funeral was cancelled, she was buried without letting her family know and the government banned mourning ceremonies at mosques, the neighbours said."

Fathercutie

Is Father Cutie gay?

road

Amsterdam Deputy Mayor Carolien Gehrels flies to New York City in support of marriage equality: "Mrs. Gehrels brings a personal perspective to the issue: she is married to a woman. She said that while the approval of gay marriage in the Netherlands that took effect in 2001 was 'a milestone in equal rights,' even eight years later 'equality and freedom are never self-evident.' Same-sex partnerships were legalized in 1998."

road

Douchebag warns that straight men will give up women once they try the gay.

road

South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford was pushed into confessing affair: "As the newspaper disclosed on CNN tonight, it has since December had emails between Sanford and his Argentine mistress, it's just been trying to authenticate them. Then this morning the paper busted Sanford returning on an airplane from South America when he was supposed to be on the Appalachian Trial. The paper then informed Sanford it would finally be publishing the emails, exposing his adultery, according to The State writer John O'Connor."

road

Whitney Houston announces title of new album.

Stranger

road

Seattle's The Stranger publishes Queer Issue 2009. NY's Village Voice goes Queer too.

road

Delaware General Assembly passes bill protecting gays and lesbians from discrimination after ten-year battle.

road

City investigation of Canterbury UK finds that, yes, the city is gay enough.

road

Adam Lambert collaborating with Sam Sparro on new album.

road

Violence not expected at this year's Jerusalam Gay Pride: "Amit Lev, a spokesman for the gay rights group behind the parade, said organisers had been negotiating with ultra-Orthodox leaders in Jerusalem after "long years of silence" between the two communities. 'We've agreed that violence doesn't serve any of us or any of our goals,' he said."

road

And even more skin from men's fashion week in Milan.

road

New batch of Nixon tapes reveal more homophobia: "Discussing Nixon's political opposition, Colson says it included 'the blacks and the poor.' Nixon adds: 'And the intellectuals.' Colson goes on to say that it also included 'the lavender shirt mob . . . the homos and the queers.'" Previously: Nixon understood homosexuality but didn't want it on TV.

Comments

1. I have to say, from the moment I saw Father Cutie, I thought well that's a gay. He is way too popular in Florida and the Latino community to go cavorting on the beach IN MIAMI with anyone (let alone a woman)! Add to that the quick decision to leave the Church, and the even quicker private "marriage"... all too thought out.

Posted by: JTlvr | Jun 25, 2009 2:29:00 PM

2. I had a gay vibe on him, too, from the moment I saw him. This story makes perfect sense. But it is pathetic, too.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 25, 2009 2:54:34 PM

3. I knew I disliked "Father Cutie", now I am disgusted by him.

He has thrown any sense of values over the fence in order to have an entertainment career. He has dishonored his church and himself. I will never understand men who go into that awful church and then spend a lifetime doing the very things they preach against.

The hypocrisy is astonishing.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jun 25, 2009 2:58:34 PM

4. Adam Lambert + Sam Sparro = one of my fantasies coming true

I think this album is going to be LOVE & SEX & MAGIC from our shiny unicorn.

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 25, 2009 3:02:44 PM

5. Regarding the blog post: "Douchebag warns that straight men will give up women once they try the gay."

The author/douchebag figured out that gay people were posting negative comments.

Here's his post:

David Klinghoffer

Note to readers: This post must have been linked by some other site visited by lots of unpleasant people who are also cowards that don't use their real names when leaving comments. Just so you know, I don't tolerate vulgarity or personal attacks on anyone in this space. Comments that cross that line, when I see them, will be unpublished.

Posted by: David in Houston | Jun 25, 2009 3:08:15 PM

6. Derek, don't worry. It's impossible to dishonor the Catholic Church.

Posted by: 24play | Jun 25, 2009 4:03:01 PM

7. Is anyone one else having difficulty leaving comments on the posts after this one (Grace Jones)?

I'm getting a strange error message stating " there is no JSON object in response" and "no entry in _xid request."

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jun 25, 2009 4:34:16 PM

8. Thanks for posting the Queer edition of the Stranger. I've read a few articles, and one or two provide decent commentary, while the others are just plain entertaining.... Thanks, Andy!

Posted by: Travis | Jun 25, 2009 5:01:40 PM

9. Ack, I can't comment on the Grace Jones hula hoop post... and it's killing me 'cuz I was about to channel my inner Queen of Comedy Sommore.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 25, 2009 5:33:59 PM

10. I'm getting the same JSON message here and on another website (ABC). Glad it's not just me.

I also notice there are no comments left in any of the places that I got the message...so it's everyone.

Posted by: paul c | Jun 25, 2009 5:46:54 PM

11. TMZ says Michael Jackson has died....but CNN hasn't said that yet.

Posted by: paul c | Jun 25, 2009 5:56:48 PM

12. i got that message trying to post abotu Grace Jones, too. So here's my comment: Fabulous!! She's got an amazing body, in excellent shape. The song is 20 years old and still sounds fresh & contemporary. She's wonderful, thank you so much for posting this!

hey, also off topic: when are we going to get an explanation of the banner where the guy was reading something? Has that banner been explained yet & i missed it?

Posted by: Daniel | Jun 25, 2009 6:47:14 PM

13. One the "gay exorcism" clip: A friend of mine sent me a link to this footage when I woke up this morning, and belive me, this regressive mob mentality bs is not something you want to wake up to.

Posted by: g_whiz | Jun 25, 2009 6:52:41 PM

14. yeah, i always got a gay vibe from padre cutie. he had a flair about him when he was in his robes, in all his grandeur.

@24PLAY, you are right, sir! (imagine that in the voice of ed mcmahon, followed by a hearty laugh.)

Posted by: nic | Jun 25, 2009 8:39:33 PM

15. Glad to hear Canterbury (UK) is gay enough... But do you know the newspaper you link to, the Daily Mail, is a rag well-known for misrepresenting facts and whipping up sensationalist stories about the gays, immigrants, liberals, what it terms the 'politically correct gone mad' - basically anyone vaguely 'different' or politically to the left of Genghis Khan!

Posted by: Adalard | Jun 26, 2009 2:24:27 AM