Barack Obama | DOMA | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Jared Polis | News

BigGayDeal.com

Rep. Jared Polis on Obama's Promises to the LGBT Community

Jaredpolis

I'll have a transcript and/or video of Obama's remarks at the White House Stonewall reception today as soon as I can get them. MSNBC interviewed Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO) following the ceremony regarding DOMA, DADT, and other issues.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Mr Polis seems to be skating around each question in true politician fashion.
    Or it just me?

Posted by: JimmyD | Jun 29, 2009 6:28:39 PM

2. Goddam! Could we have LEADERS, instead of political operatives of various persuasions spouting talking points that don't inspire fundamental change to the status-effin'-quo?!

Posted by: @bigolpoofter | Jun 29, 2009 6:31:37 PM

3. What study/investigation does he need ? Every army in Europe has non discrimination for persons joining the army. What's the problem ? Pure bigotry perhaps ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 29, 2009 6:36:16 PM

4. Why such angst, Obama? Gay servicefolk are being kicked out every day. Gay teens are killing themselves every day. Gay families are being denied the rights accorded to other families every day.

Should we start sending ballpoint pens to the White House, the way blacks did to Kennedy when *HE* put civil rights on the back burner?

Posted by: adamblast | Jun 29, 2009 6:54:03 PM

5. time to start banging on the front door of the White House or showing up each Sunday at Obama local place of worship in DC in pink maribou feathers... we'd get more action!

Posted by: David B. 2 | Jun 29, 2009 6:57:03 PM

6. What "angst"?

We need something more than Maribou feathers dear. We've got to shut the place down!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 29, 2009 7:27:43 PM

7. Democrat first, HOMO second.

Posted by: Wolfie | Jun 29, 2009 8:01:00 PM

8. Jared, I know you are independently wealthy, so please go out and get a better haircut.

Posted by: Fred | Jun 29, 2009 8:38:01 PM

9. Why did Rep. Polis say people were discharged "merely because of who they choose to date?"
    Jared reduced being homosexual to being a choice of who to date. He also clearly made it sound like being gay is a choice, although I'm sure he did not mean to do so. Someone should emphatically tell him not to make that mistake again, as it plays into our enemies' hands.

Posted by: Erkek adam | Jun 29, 2009 8:48:38 PM

10. Democrats = failure......Say hello to a Republican Congress and another 4 years of no-action.

Posted by: David | Jun 29, 2009 9:26:03 PM

11. The bitchy queen brigade comments again!

Posted by: JimSur212 | Jun 29, 2009 9:29:14 PM

12. Hopefully Polis is an American first, a Democrat second and a homo third. That would be the appropriate order.

Posted by: JimSur212 | Jun 29, 2009 9:34:30 PM

13. Politicians who happen to be gay are going to get a lot more done for us than gay politicians.

Posted by: JimSur212 | Jun 29, 2009 9:39:11 PM

14. RE: JimSur212 "Hopefully Polis is an American first, a Democrat second and a homo third. That would be the appropriate order."

I think national identity would be an example of nurture and NOT nature.

There is no patriot gene.

I am who I am first and in theory my nation, the USA, is supposed to support and celebrate my freedom to be who I am and the right to express who I am freely.

Posted by: Timothy | Jun 30, 2009 6:49:03 AM