Film | Michael Jackson | Proposition 8 | Sarah Palin | Shirtless | Theatre

News: The P Word, Mrs. Furley, A Daytime Outing & "The" Funeral

Perez_Hilton_-_August_2009  roadA sandstorm that's injured many and stymied travel in Iraq may actually be the largest in modern history—it's even visible from space.

roadPerez Hilton is The Advocate's latest coverboy. The print edition was put to bed prior to his will.i.am "faggot" incident, but the online version of Benoit Denizet-Lewis's article contains updates, such as this nugget: "I thought about calling him the n word, but I thought the f word was even worse. I was so filled with hate at that moment because I was hated on so much, and I reacted in the worst way possible." The article is certainly no puff piece, but it takes the Perez phenomenon seriously.

roadAccording to records, Sarah Palin called Dick Cheney, Rudy Giuliani and Charlie Crist in the weeks before shocking everyone—even her own father-in-law—by announcing she was up and quitting.

roadJackie O...Oh, Oh, Oh! Did President Kennedy's wife have an affair with his Attorney General brother, Bobby?

PreviewScreenSnapz001  roadToo Much Time at the Regal Beagle: Three's Company alum Joyce DeWitt ("Janet"), 60, busted for DUI. Mug shot completes transformation into "Mr. Furley."

roadMargaret Cho's Web site gets a makeover.

SafariScreenSnapz001  roadLooks like today's the day on The Young & the Restless that "Phillip," played by openly gay (and openly hot) actor Thom Bierdz, comes out of the closet.

roadMichael Jackson's memorial in L.A. today (following last night's private service and an early-morning internment at the secretive Forest Lawn in the Hollywood Hills) is set to feature performances by Mariah Carey, Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah and Stevie Wonder, with appearances by Martin Luther King III, Brooke Shields and a host of others, including Shaheen Jafargholi...an adorable Britain's Got Talent contestant who's about 12 and fits the profile. Not going? Debbie Rowe, who doesn't want her attendance to "be an unnecessary distraction to an event that should focus exclusively on Michael's legacy."

roadThe oddest photo of Michael Jackson ever to be published.

6610_115880673734_720603734_2824123_7870090_n  roadEating Out 3: All You Can Eat is the surprise screening at Philadelphia's QFest on Sunday, July 19, at 7 p.m. The film continues the series' theme of sexual deception and stars Rebekah Kochan, Mink Stole, Leslie Jordan and six openly gay actors in lead roles. (Cast and crew pictured at left.)

roadCould the Boies-Olson Prop 8 lawsuit judge be gay? If so...does it matter?

5101_96019185980_559605980_2553658_5440561_n

roadVeteran actress Penny Fuller is perhaps best known for her turn as Eve Harrington on Broadway in Applause, but she was also in the original 1963 production of Neil Simon's Barefoot in the Park. She will join cast members of Ground UP Productions' intimate, Off Broadway revival of Barefoot in the Park after the Saturday, July 11, 8 p.m. show for a "Barefoot Flashback." If you've never attended this kind of thing with original stars, I always find them to be highly entertaining. Tickets are $25.

Comments

1. "I thought about calling him the n word, but I thought the f word was even worse."

I mean, seriously...what a vile, hateful person.

Posted by: another matt | Jul 7, 2009 9:37:40 AM

2. Ugh. Please don't give Perez Hilton attention. It's what he feeds off of. I'm pretty sure he could be not only the most annoying person in the world, but the worst. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities. None.

Posted by: Ryan | Jul 7, 2009 9:52:28 AM

3. Nice pits

Posted by: Astro Boy | Jul 7, 2009 10:04:06 AM

4. it seems that Towleroad has finally taken the poisonous slug off the list of links.
    Congrats Andy, you can take off the flea collar now :)

Posted by: NSFW | Jul 7, 2009 10:06:19 AM

5. "I was so filled with hate at that moment because I was hated on so much, and I reacted in the worst way possible."

This same excuse could be used by any of the celebrities Perez attacks on a daily basis on his web site.

Posted by: Jeremy | Jul 7, 2009 10:19:29 AM

6. Thanks for the warning re: The Advocate-
    now I can take that publication off my list
    of things to read. Perez epitomizes all that is wrong in popular culture. He should never be held up as an arbiter of GLBT people- bottomfeeders yes- He long ago achieved his intent when he began his ugly,
    ridiculous website---fame---and name-recognition. Now-he needs to just move along and fade away. Unfortunately that will not happen in today's "celebrity culture."

Posted by: Nick | Jul 7, 2009 10:30:59 AM

7. Nick, you might read it first. I hate Sarah Palin passionately, but I read that Vanity Fair piece. It's not like the mere existence of an article is an endorsement.

Posted by: Johnny | Jul 7, 2009 12:19:09 PM

8. Funny thing is he that his career would be over if he used the word that he 'really wanted to use.' That he admitted it just illustrates how appalling an individual he is. I hope that quote goes far and wide, sinking the HMS Perez once and for all.

Posted by: Mitch | Jul 7, 2009 12:29:03 PM

9. The Advocate has sunk to new and very skanky levels. Puttting that vile troll on the cover when there are dozens of huge issues and true great activists doing real work to improve the lives of the GLBT community. What a nasty slap in the face to gays everywhere, I will NOT being buying the Advocate this week and maybe not for the next several

Posted by: david in iowa | Jul 7, 2009 12:47:02 PM

10. Either of his two faces (or numerous personalities) representing the gay community in any way is a complete travesty

Posted by: JasonH | Jul 7, 2009 1:26:26 PM

11. The Advocate can fuck off.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jul 7, 2009 3:02:19 PM

12. I wish he had used the "N" word.

I truly do.

AQll hell would've broke loose and we would done with him. He and Michael Richrds could go on a lom=ng racist canoe trip to a little place called, Deliverance.

The simple fact that he wanted to use the "N" word tells me everything I need to know about Mario.

And the fact that he feels he can freely admit that tells me a lot about the type of people who coddle him.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jul 7, 2009 10:31:58 PM

13. I realize that times are bad for virtually all print media but is the Advocate struggling so badly that they needed to resort to a Perez Hilton cover? If they want to be the nations gay and lesbian news magazine then a story on the inside might have been acceptable with the cover reserved for real news related photos. However, the Hilton cover shot places them right along those low life supermarket tabloids like the Star and National Enquirer. How much longer are people going to give Hilton a platform from which to spew his vile and disgusting crap?

Posted by: ChrisM | Jul 8, 2009 7:57:52 AM

14. Uh the article was written and he was given the cover before the article --- he did more to expose bigotry against gay people - and those who hate than any of you posting here.

Not a great human being - but he is doing more than most. Even if he called someone a faggot --- most gay men use that word.

So bitches - please.

Posted by: Willie | Jul 9, 2009 10:43:50 AM

15. So, where's the proof that "most gay men use that word"? That's bullshit. Let me tell you something, son: to me, "faggot" is the second most ugly word in the English language; the ugliest word in the English language is the "N" word. I have not and never will use either one.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 10, 2009 11:05:59 AM

16. Perez is a disgrace, not only to the gay community, but to the entire human race. He can wear all the masks in the world or not. His hair could be any color of the rainbow, and it would still not be able to hide his ugliness...

And Willie... You must be smoking, or on some form of mind altering medication. " he is doing more than most". Bitch, please...

Posted by: TheNiebur | Jul 21, 2009 7:45:43 AM