Bradley Schmeling | Christopher Meloni | Crime | Deaths | Madonna | Michael Jackson | Music | News | Shirtless

BigGayDeal.com

News: It's Jackson By a Nose, Heteroflexibility & Meloni's Top Guns

Jon_micklow9

roadAnother actor makes weird comments about on-screen kissing...a dozen years after the fact.

roadSoap star Michael Muhney (also from Veronica Mars) talks "heteroflexibility" with AfterElton.

roadWas Canada's Federal Tourism Minister Diane Ablonczy punished for approving a fund that provided $400,000 to Toronto's pride festivities?

roadRapamycin, an antibiotic, shows signs of delaying the aging process.

roadIt's safe to say that John Micklow (pictured) might not have the sexiest name for a male model, but he's in the right line of work.

roadMetrosexual manual Details wonders if straight men will take to wearing male engagement rings. Marriage is sacred, but must it also be so precious?

roadCome Together: Madonna's new single "Celebrate" from her career-spanning hits package Celebration will hit airwaves July 28.

SafariScreenSnapz001  roadMiami Social, Bravo's latest reality show, debuts Tuesday, July 14, at 10 p.m. ET/PT, featuring two out men. One is HuffingtonPost blogger Michael Cohen, who will be launching Style Lab, a sort of fashion/style version of MySpace in the fall, and the other is Ariel Stein, who I hear you might not love to hate so much as just hate.

roadAnnouncing the arrival of Icarus, "the first magazine devoted to gay-themed speculative fiction and writing—from fantasy to horror to science fiction, and all the weird tales that fall between the cracks." The first issue features stories by Jameson Currier, Jeff Mann, Tom Cardamone and Joel D. Lane, interviews with Dan Stone and Peter Grahame and poetry by Lawrence M. Schoen.

6a00d8341c2ca253ef011570efa770970c-400wi  roadA frighteningly detailed portrait of the late Michael Jackson taken for Q Magazine's August 2009 cover reveals the netting of his wig, salt-and-pepper stubble, the most surgically tortured nose since Ann Miller and a telltale gauntness. How could people around him not have feared the worst?

roadNo-Brainer: Jackson's family will not bury him until the L.A. coroner is done with his brain, which they're still examining. Also of note, his sister La Toya was the family member who signed his death certificate. (She infamously agreed her brother may have been guilty of molestation charges, but later recanted, saying an abusive husband had driven her to say it.)

roadA lawyer who prosecuted an infamous 1983 gay-bashing case in Ireland (the unrepentant perps were convicted but a judge decided nothing would be served by jailing them) passes away.

roadSwami Baba Ramdev has filed suit in India to reverse the decriminalization of homosexuality, which he terms a "disease" that "can be treated by yoga, pranayama (breathing exercises) and other meditation techniques."

roadChristopher Meloni—have guns, will travel.

Christophermeloni

Comments

1. That John Micklow link is the same as the Icarus link.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jul 9, 2009 3:17:52 PM

2. I'd absolutely love to hear an explanation as to how or why "John Micklow" is "not the sexiest name."

Posted by: Huh | Jul 9, 2009 3:37:50 PM

3. Christopher Meloni makes my butthole purr.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 9, 2009 3:39:45 PM

4. Huh: Speaking as someone named Matthew Rettenmund, I am just saying John Micklow does not sound as stereotypically sexy as, say, Jamie Dornan. More power to the "Johns" and the "Micklows" of the world; perhaps I have a tin ear regarding comely monikers. Humbly—Matt

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jul 9, 2009 3:45:07 PM

5. Ok, the Details article on rings is hilarious. "Management rings" does not sound like a male engagement ring but something your boss gives you when you're promoted. Second, I think engagement watches are so much classier...

Posted by: what | Jul 9, 2009 3:45:54 PM

6. Where do I start?

John Micklow could be named Henry Puddfucker and he would be hot.

"Christopher Meloni makes my butthole purr." I don't know what to do with tha mouth of yours C!

I was in a photo studio years ago and saw MJ's pics about to be retouched, not a pretty sight. This pic is nothing, trust me.

Details is stupid. It's funny that all of the Gay rags are shutting down and the closet case mag stays afloat. Maybe the Gays shoudl try and replicate? Lesslittle blonde twinks and more real world diversity? Hmm. Not there's anything wrong with little blonde twinks, in their place. ;-)

That new reality guy wasn't anywhere near offensive as Carson, CajaCooCoo, or anyone of thje disasters on Tyra. He actually is an example of a new type of businessman. There's a whole breed of self promoters out there who are doing quite well for themselves. Vegas is full of them. I aint mad at him!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jul 9, 2009 4:16:05 PM

7. If Yoga made gay men turn straight, there'd be a helluva lot of men at my gym who would have been converted by now.

Posted by: Hank | Jul 9, 2009 4:20:07 PM

8. The male engagement ring piece is just another case of how vile the jewelry trade is. I know first hand after 30 years working in the wholesale end. While not as vile as the De Beers 'Is she worth three months salary promo', this is just another ad move to sucker people into spending money on something to 'keep up with the trend' .

Micklow? Who cares what his name is, YUM.

Meloni? Like wise. Great line as always CRISPY.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jul 9, 2009 4:22:38 PM

9. @Matthew Rettenmund - apparently you didn't get Andy's memo that you are not to interact with the animals. Either don't read the comments or at least pretend not to do so. Have you no disdain for your readers? You'll never be an "A" gay if you keep this up.

Posted by: paul c | Jul 9, 2009 4:37:57 PM

10. Matthew, I have to say that it is refreshing that you humbly respond to comments directed at you, rather than remaining silent or just deleting them. True class. Thank you.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jul 9, 2009 5:55:43 PM

11. Paul C, what are you talking about? Andy responds to comments quite often.

Derek, the only thing I can imagine keeping Details afloat is the Conde Nast empire and its practice of linking ads across its magazines. So if, say, Ralph Lauren buys an ad in Vogue, Nast presses it to buy ads in Details and Traveler at discounted rates. Even still, I'm surprised it hasn't folded. I can't begin to understand how many truly straight men would want to read about half of the magazine.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 9, 2009 6:26:13 PM

12. Ah, Mr. Maloney. The shirt is all wrong, but somehow wrong is so right on him. I wanna wrestle him and lose.

Posted by: Johnny | Jul 9, 2009 6:39:46 PM

13. Paul R, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that he doesn't.

Posted by: paul c | Jul 9, 2009 9:33:33 PM

14. Matthew, thanks for your comments. Stereotyping or typecasting people by how their names sound can be a gateway to prejudice.

Posted by: Huh | Jul 9, 2009 9:57:25 PM

15. @ Derek,

I gotta agree with you. I've been sick of looking at the parade clones for quite some time...I want to see guys who are all sizes, shapes, colors...and hair, bring back the hair!

Posted by: Wheezy | Jul 9, 2009 10:37:49 PM

16. Madonna's new single. Yay!

Posted by: Jay | Jul 10, 2009 6:23:08 AM

17. i want a v.i.p. ticket to meloni's gun show.

Posted by: nic | Jul 10, 2009 6:39:26 AM

18. Chris Meloni is my number one wet dream! What a hot man - he just gets better as he gets older.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 10, 2009 8:31:44 AM

19. I'd love to have Chris Meloni's arms around me, and, his legs wrapped around my neck as i suck him off. I agree with Crispy, my butthole is purring. Stick it in me Chris, let's fuck.

Posted by: JEFF | Jul 10, 2009 10:59:35 AM

20. Back off bitches! Chris' guns are all mine!

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jul 10, 2009 1:29:32 PM

21. Wenty's looking just a little, um, beefy these days. Double chin and all. Baggy shirt hiding growing paunch. Tsk. They go fast these days.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 12, 2009 3:23:42 PM