Andy Warhol | Art and Design | Auctions | Britney Spears | Canada | Croatia | Deaths | Demetri Martin | e lynn harris | Elton John | Film | Global Warming | Imogen Heap | Iraq | Kylie Minogue | Michael Jackson | New York | News | Nick Adams | Philippines | Ryan Kwanten

BigGayDeal.com

News: Don Hewitt, Central Park, Kylie Minogue, E. Lynn Harris

RoadTV visionary Don Hewitt, creator of 60 Minutes, dies. Newsmen remember...

Kwanten RoadTrue Blood's Ryan Kwanten shows off his favorite outfit for GQ.

RoadWATCH: Britney Spears launches presidential campaign on Letterman.

RoadGay Iraqi tells Guardian about attack by militia: "Four men came into the shop. They pulled out guns. They were the Mahdi army. The place they took me to was very close to a mosque or actually in the courtyard – I could hear the call to prayer very clearly. When they hauled me out of the car, they beat me unconscious. Late the next day, they came to me and said, 'We know you are gay.' They pulled out a list of names and started reading them ... I knew four who were still alive. One they had already killed. They interrogated me for three hours that night. They demanded I give them names of other gays. At night they got a broomstick. They used it to rape me."

RoadDoes Demetri Martin tailor his discomfort over playing gay to specific audiences?

RoadWest Hollywood International Film Festival descends into complete chaos.

RoadImogen Heap is back with a new album and video.

Instinct RoadKylie Minogue talks to Instinct a month before her first-ever North American tour: "There is still a certain amount of disbelief because it’s really happening. I’ve spoken about this for so long and I was sure the fans in the States had given up, hadn’t you?"

RoadElton John and David Furnish live the good life in Saint Tropez.

RoadEuropean Committee of Social Rights: Croatia's sex-ed curriculum is discriminatory. "The committee said parts of the curriculum 'stigmatize homosexuals and are based upon negative, distorted, reprehensible and degrading stereotypes.'"

RoadWarming: More methane seen rising from Arctic sea bed.

RoadAndy Warhol Michael Jackson portrait sells: "The auction, which closed at 8 p.m. Tuesday, was conducted online, by phone and at the gallery. The seller is a private collector. Gallery co-owner Janet Lehr would not disclose the final bid price, but did say it was more than a million dollars."

RoadGay romantic comedy Bear City looking for extras in NYC.

Centralpark RoadThe thunderstorm that ripped through Manhattan last night caused more destruction in Central Park than has been seen in 30 years.

RoadQ-SINY: New gay nightclub opens on Staten Island.

RoadWinnipeg prostitute faces deportation to the Philippines.

RoadMario Lopez bicep rival Nick Adams makes solo debut at Birdland.

RoadE. Lynn Harris' aunt Jesse Phillips talks about the late author: "Every time he wrote a book I'd go and buy 10 to 12 of them to support him I knew that he was gay before he told me because I could tell by his mannerisms but it didn't make me love him any less. When he was about 14 or 15, he confided in me that he was gay and it was just between the two of us. I kept his secret. I don't think he ever sat down with my sister and told her the way he did with me, but she accepted him just the same. He told me, 'I thought I could pray everything away even my sexuality but I can't.' Then he said that he knew I didn't' like the idea of him being gay but the fact was if he never had sex again in his life, he'd still be gay."

Comments

1. I would not kick Ryan out of bed - but given his zero body fat - manorexia - would not spend much time getting him into it...

he was so fine back in Summerland a few season back .... now just looks like another narcissist on speed

Posted by: Reality Check | Aug 19, 2009 2:37:01 PM

2. I'm totally down with doing anything and everything with Ryan. Damn! I wish there were fully nude, frontal photos of him!!

Posted by: Drew | Aug 19, 2009 3:38:31 PM

3. Nick Adams --- just another Manhatten elitist who does not eat - who the f cares ?

Posted by: john | Aug 19, 2009 3:43:58 PM

4. Wow, that's a different look for Kylie. I like!

Posted by: Casey | Aug 19, 2009 4:48:21 PM

5. geez john, such venom!

did nick adams steal your boyfriend or something?

Posted by: alguien | Aug 19, 2009 4:49:35 PM

6. Not to rain on the Ryan worship but isn't the real "hottie" of this news update the Arctic methane plumes???

Some scary stuff there...

Posted by: AERES | Aug 19, 2009 4:52:12 PM

7. Wow, those pictures of Elton John being helped down the gang plank are unfortunate. If PETA wants to save the whales, they should use his image the next time they do an ad: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/17/petas-new-save-the-whales_n_261134.html

Posted by: woodroad34 | Aug 19, 2009 5:20:59 PM

8. um YES to Jason Stackhouse!

Posted by: Astro | Aug 19, 2009 5:22:16 PM

9. To paraphrase Mean Girls, stop trying to make Nick Adams happen.

Posted by: freddy | Aug 19, 2009 5:26:10 PM

10. That bit about the West Hollywood Film Festival collapsing in chaos and accusations of manhandling and unethical behavior is shocking. Geez, I live in WeHo without shouting distance of City Hall and I never heard a whisper about it.

Posted by: Turtle | Aug 19, 2009 5:49:56 PM

11. Is Kylie trying to look like Ana Matronic? Because she does.

If that Iraqi story is true, it once again feeds into my complete inability to understand why homophobic straight men would want to fuck a "fag," even with a foreign object. Yes I understand the belittlement and dehumanization, but it's beyond grotesque and just so twisted on so many levels.

And yeah, I know that goes without saying.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 19, 2009 6:55:58 PM

12. the story about the weho film festival (as if the world needed another film festival as it is!) almost came off as a hatchet job on its founder martin deluca.

if, indeed, everything in that story is true then deluca should be removed by the festival's board. however, deluca himself doesn't help his situation much himself when he is blaming festival participants in the press for everything that went wrong. that is totally unprofessional.

Posted by: alguien | Aug 19, 2009 7:11:29 PM

13. Kylie's first EVER US tour just happens to coincide with my year-long trip to Australia. what are the odds? with this kind of fucking luck (or lack thereof) i'm sure she'll announce a new Australian tour the moment i touchdown back in the States. godfuckingdamnit.

Posted by: nickbilz | Aug 20, 2009 2:03:32 AM

14. anyone complaining about their year-long trip to Australia is either lying or painfully detached. Nice try, though, Mr. Bilz.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 20, 2009 4:03:34 AM

15. On WHIFF - here's a response from Deluca and letters from filmmakers on the WeHo News story - it looks like the smoke meant fire after all - should be interesting to see what happens on Monday

Posted by: jerry | Aug 20, 2009 6:31:30 PM