Football (American) | News | Sports | Tim Tebow

Jock Pecs for Jesus: Tim Tebow

Timtebow

From GQ's profile:

"When you die, there's gonna be a tombstone, and on that tombstone there's gonna be a name, and there's gonna be a date. And for me, it's going to be 1987, and then it's gonna have a dash.… I want that dash to mean something. I want that dash to be special. I want that dash to represent that Tim Tebow finished strong. And most importantly, when I get to heaven, I want Jesus to say, well done, my good and faithful servant."

Previously...
Tony Joiner's Touchdown Kiss for Tim Tebow Causes Stir [tr]

Comments

1. Too bad for you, Tim. Jesus is a Seminole. You are destined for Hell.

Posted by: Olive Yurdich | Aug 18, 2009 12:28:52 PM

2. Touchdown for Jebus!

Posted by: jakeinlove | Aug 18, 2009 12:44:36 PM

3. How does this relate gay news and gay men? Oh, right. Pecs. Got it. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Posted by: Dave | Aug 18, 2009 12:49:18 PM

4. Andy, I know I brought his name up in the Colt McCoy thread, but I really didn't expect you to throw up a pic of this Croc-wearing-homeschooled-Christan fundamentalist Gator QUEEN.

But...if you may be so kind to look...here's some suggestions

Whoever the new USC QB is.
    Jake Locker-Washington
    Terrell Pryor-That School for THOSE people
    Colt McCoy-Texas
    Sam Bradford-Oklahoma

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Aug 18, 2009 12:52:25 PM

5. BTW, there was a big backlash in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated regarding their over-the-top flattering article on Tebow (no big surprise), mostly relating to his non-stop talk about Jesus and how his Dad's church's teachings are very homophobic and degrading to women. Was proud of Sports Illustrated for publishing them.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 18, 2009 12:52:50 PM

6. When are the tightasses going to stop whining about the 'hot guys' and 'big brother' posts? This site has always been a mix of serious and trashy. Jesus, lighten up.

Posted by: mimi | Aug 18, 2009 12:53:51 PM

7. Thank you Mimi, AND football season is around the corner. Some of us homos thoroughly enjoy college football. Tim Tebow is one of the few starters that's actually hott. I just wonder, how can he or anyone not know that this pic is destined for gay pin up?

Posted by: clint | Aug 18, 2009 12:57:08 PM

8. After TT dies, he'll be a worm condo and nothing more - he just doesn't realize it.

Posted by: Hank | Aug 18, 2009 1:00:00 PM

9. Oh, he's not starting yet (he may be redshirted) but Russell Sheperd at LSU is a hottie too.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Aug 18, 2009 1:02:32 PM

10. WTF Andy why are you promoting someone who will use his fame to promote Straight Supremacy ?

Not hot. Not cool.

Posted by: Tony | Aug 18, 2009 1:08:22 PM

11. It's a very esoteric statement. Apparently English composition and public speaking aren't part of his class schedule. Otherwise just chalk it up to another homophobic dumb jock who will undoubtedly be involved in some scandal along the time span that is his "dash". Drinking? Extramarital affairs? Sex tape? Performance enhancing drugs? Place your bets, boys. The louder they are the harder they fall.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Aug 18, 2009 1:23:03 PM

12. Tim Tebow is an amazing college football player. A pair of national titles and a Heisman trophy, and he's hot... I'm not going to hate him just because he loves Jesus.

you guys are so picky.

Posted by: Dan B | Aug 18, 2009 1:31:52 PM

13. "well done, my good and faithful servant"???

#1 - I think that's more on Mr. God's script than Jebus'

#2 - what kind of literature is that boy reading? That phrase is just too kinky for words. Bound Gods is not a religious website!

Posted by: henry | Aug 18, 2009 1:36:14 PM

14. He got that whole "what does the dash represent" between your birth and death dates from some fundie preacher's sermon. Gorgeous body, not a damn thing between his ears except for borrowed bromides and a freakish intuition about how to handle a pigskin ball.

Posted by: christopher | Aug 18, 2009 1:39:17 PM

15. I think we should call homophobes out on their hate without any apology. But is Tim Tebow really a homophobe? His teammate and roommate, Tim Joiner, kissed him after a good play last year. After an uproar in the media about what that kiss meant, Joiner stated, "That's my roommate. I love him. We've grown close. That's not the first time I've kissed him." I don't recall Tebow saying anything. And that is not the type of behavior I would ascribe to a homophobe.

So he is religious. In my opinion, that means he suffers from a delusion. But it does not NECESSARLY mean he is a homophobe.

And yeah...he's very studly looking.

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 18, 2009 1:39:28 PM

16. "And most importantly, when I get to heaven, I want Jesus to say, well done, my good and faithful servant."

I guess after you spend half your life getting your head slammed into the turf a few times a week you will fall for anything...

Of course, some folks are just stupid, scared, gullible...

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Aug 18, 2009 1:39:36 PM

17. ? the point? I must ask again, was there no Christian hot football player of color who probably hates homos you could have featured?

Posted by: Derek wahington | Aug 18, 2009 1:39:50 PM

18. Ok guys, I am a bit prejudiced being a UF alum, but you've got to remember that Tebow's entire life has evolved around his church and teachings. He's done missionary work almost annually in the Phillipines,his dad is a preacher,etc. I get tired of him evoking his faith all the time, however I have never heard him speak against homosexuals or act homophobic in any way. Maybe he can enlighten his followers to love and accept all people. (Might be too much to ask a 22 year old, but I can hope!)

Posted by: GayGaytor | Aug 18, 2009 1:51:18 PM

19. @Derek W.

A QB in Div I college football? I can't think of a Christian OB Poc. But I did list 3 QBs of color. 2 of them are obvious if you google them, one is not all that obvious but that particular QB has actually talked about his heritage in interviews.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Aug 18, 2009 2:04:04 PM

20. how nice. he gets to be jesus' bitch.

i wonder if he let jesus come inside him.

Posted by: alguien | Aug 18, 2009 2:07:43 PM

21. Hysterical. That dash, that crazy unforgiving dash.

Posted by: John | Aug 18, 2009 2:18:14 PM

22. Damn, I forgot abt. those pics with Tebow giving interracial kisses and even tongue to his Gator teammates.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Aug 18, 2009 2:21:14 PM

23. Chitown, i'm on my way to drooling while hating myself for drooling now!

Posted by: Derek wahington | Aug 18, 2009 2:30:58 PM

24. "...you've got to remember that Tebow's entire life has evolved around his church and teachings. He's done missionary work almost annually in the Phillipines...GayGaytor"

Oh, you mean Conversion-Bribery with education and clothes and food, as long as the conversion is to christianity because Christ's Favorite Tool, GENOCIDE of the DARK PEOPLES, is currently outlawed (and you know some smart aleck atheist is always standing by with a camera ready to record)...

...that Missionary work, right?

Posted by: Roger Ramjet | Aug 18, 2009 2:46:24 PM

25. Dan B --- LOL --- as a full and faithfull slave he will fight to maintain Straight Supremacy over Gay People --- does that make you hot and enjoy the gay more ???

Freak.