Beyoncé | Kanye West | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kanye West Apologizes for Stealing Taylor Swift's Moment

Kanye West put an ALL CAPS apology on his blog just hours after stealing Taylor Swift's moment at the VMA's last night, and then leaving the venue to watch the show "at [his] crib."

Kanye was told to leave the show by MTV.

The apology appears to have been removed from his site, but here it is:

Kanyeapology

Lame! At least Kanye got schooled in some real class thanks to Beyoncé, who called Taylor Swift out from backstage to use her acceptance speech time when "Single Ladies" won for Video of the Year.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How about we stop giving douche bags a forum and any form of publicity?

Posted by: Rad | Sep 14, 2009 8:37:41 AM

2. I tolerated him before...now? he doesn't even exist to me

Posted by: todd | Sep 14, 2009 8:46:00 AM

3. What sort of "apology" is in this context is qualified with "BEYONCE'S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THE DECADE!!!" This is grotesque. I know the guy's mother died and all, but the man needs to retreat from public view for a long, long time.

Posted by: Rick | Sep 14, 2009 8:47:28 AM

4. I agree that douche bags shouldn't be allowed any publicity but that would certainly create a dearth of people on the airwaves.

Kanye West is a disrespectful selfish dick who should be publicly shunned, yet won't be. He's someone who somehow has gotten enormous power and notoriety and possesses such a monumental ego that he'll never be able to let it go.

I noticed this morning that his website is suddenly unable to process new registrations for commenters. How conicidental.

Wouldn't it be nice if douche bags such as this actually had a pair? Then they would be willing to listen to criticism.

Shame on the person who encouraged Kanye West to behave in this manner, and furthered his career.

When he stood up after Katrina and said George Bush didn't care about black people I liked it. But the truth is that George Bush doesn't care about people at all, so Kanye was, as always personalizing something that wasn't personal.

He's just an ass and not worthy of anyone's time. Turning your back on a guy like this is the best thing that can happen. He'd go crazy if we all stopped listening to him.

Now THAT would be justice.

Posted by: Sean | Sep 14, 2009 8:49:28 AM

5. I am sure he wouldn't have liked someone else (let's say a country singer) stealing his moment the next time he wins an award. He thinks he's all that and was stealing the moment from a kid (like stealing a lollipop from a little girl). He would have sent his bodyguards and kicked that person out of the stage. I hope he's never (ever) invited to the VMA's anymore...

Posted by: Christian Young | Sep 14, 2009 8:52:38 AM

6. I should give a shit about this.... why again?

Posted by: Joe | Sep 14, 2009 8:54:38 AM

7. KanYe West is a spoiled little brat who is so used to getting his way, that he throws a tantrum should anything not go in his direction. The boy has issues and needs to get things sorted... as an aside - does it not strike anyone as odd how oversexed his women always are??? like he's making up for something (that obsession with Beyonce's video is pretty gay) hmmmm.... just a thought.

Posted by: Keven | Sep 14, 2009 9:05:20 AM

8. Kanye was either drunk, on drugs, or stinging from some large bet he made in vegas that beyonce would win the award - he probably lost a year's salary with his bookie on that one . . . such a douchebag . . .

Posted by: Warwick | Sep 14, 2009 9:28:51 AM

9. I rarely have either the time, or more accurately, the desire to watch awards shows, but Beyonce Knowles just gave me a warm fuzzy and got a HUGE numbers boost...as if she really needed one. That really was class in action. It's just sad that she ever needed to show it that way at all.

Well done, Beyonce. Well done.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Sep 14, 2009 9:38:25 AM

10. What is really tragic here is the "Moment was Lost" for Taylor Swift! Will she ever succeed in achieving this honor again, who knows, but for one fleeting moment all her hard work and career struggles were shattered because of one idiots lack of class, professionalism and ego!!! I just wish he had waited til after the show (then he would have seen that Beyonce in fact was the BEST!) but no he had to go and ruin one persons moment to satisfy his own ego!!

Posted by: alex in boston | Sep 14, 2009 9:42:45 AM

11. Kanye was drunk. There are pics of him walking around with a half-empty bottle of whiskey.

Posted by: Blurgle | Sep 14, 2009 10:04:28 AM

12. Well, what did you guys expect would happen? Kanye + MTV Awards Show + Open Mic + Live Television = Random Acts of Douchebaggery.

Although good on Beyonce for making it up to her. Honestly, class act honey.

Posted by: Jeremy Feist | Sep 14, 2009 10:21:50 AM

13. Todd said it all for me.

No Kanye, no apology accepted this time. And you should be banned from all award shows until you can prove that the douche nozzle you call a head has been removed from your ass. Next!

Posted by: soulbrotha | Sep 14, 2009 10:35:51 AM

14. He appears to be mentally challenged. Did a first grader write that apology?

Posted by: Joseph Coss | Sep 14, 2009 11:21:09 AM

15. Not to distract from this class act, but is Perez "Faggot" Hilton wearing yellow dishwasher gloves on his his hands ... or is it just me?

Posted by: CHARLESBROWN | Sep 14, 2009 11:26:26 AM

16. Last week I defended Kanye because of unflattering remarks made of his bare-chested picture on the cover on a French magazine.

Today, I have pie on my face.

Kanye's actions at the MTV Vidoe Awards is absolutely unacceptable - intoxicated or not. The act of an angry black man intimidating a young, quiet white girl to make a point is NOT the image this country needs right now.

Rush - take it away!!!!

Posted by: CARIBTONY | Sep 14, 2009 12:01:19 PM

17. That text sounds like he's high. Anyone see that?

Posted by: cali | Sep 14, 2009 12:19:00 PM

18. I hate Kanye West, Beyonce Knowles, and Taylor Swift. I avoid their music like the plague. The former is a pompous jackass, the middle is (for the most part) exceedingly overrated, and the latter is just plain annoying and bland. I would rather die than be in the same room with all three of them.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Sep 14, 2009 12:22:12 PM

19. Kanye seriously overplayed his hand last night and will pay for it big time but hey at least he made it interesting. it's rock and roll after... When was the last time you can remember talking about the VMA's? 1990? I think taylor Swift is adorable (and talented but the video? Okay , um...sure.) but what truly sucks is that Kanye's tantrum overshadowed Janet's amazing tribute to her brother and the nights overall dedication to the memory of Michael.

While West was a true jackass last night he is no more so than some of the racists fucks that troll this site (see original posting). I won't even bother to read the comments on less liberal lowest common dominator blogs-I shudder to think what lurks there.

On a side note how random/crazy/fantastic was Pink's performance? And Beyonce consistently brings it like no one else in this business. Mama was fierce AND gracious last night. Luvs her!

Posted by: Giovanni | Sep 14, 2009 12:31:50 PM

20. Kanye seriously overplayed his hand last night and will pay for it big time but hey at least he made it interesting. it's rock and roll after... When was the last time you can remember talking about the VMA's? 1990? I think taylor Swift is adorable (and talented but the video? Okay , um...sure.) but what truly sucks is that Kanye's tantrum overshadowed Janet's amazing tribute to her brother and the nights overall dedication to the memory of Michael.

While West was a true jackass last night he is no more so than the some of the racists fucks that troll this site. I won't even bother to read the comments on less liberal lowest common dominator blogs-I shudder to think what lurks there.

On a side note how amazing was Pink's performance? And Beyonce consistently brings it like no one else in this business. Mama was fierce AND gracious last night. Luvs her!

Posted by: Giovanni | Sep 14, 2009 12:34:33 PM

21. Sorry for the double posting.

Posted by: Giovanni | Sep 14, 2009 12:35:41 PM

22. Evidently he doesn't know that you don't write coments on all CAPS.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Sep 14, 2009 3:18:47 PM

23. Whether or not you like or have even heard of Beyonce or Taylor Swift, it goes without question that Beyonce got dragged into something and then went well beyond what she had to do in giving up her time on stage at the end. Truly a generous and giving thing to do and a moment that I hope inspires others to do something good and unexpected. Congratulations to both ladies on their win, but specifically to Taylor for singing later as if nothing happened and to Beyonce for being a top class star.

Posted by: Chad | Sep 14, 2009 3:24:14 PM

24. I am 95% sure Kanye has a psychiatric disorder. Also, MTV needs to up its security for these things if anyone can just jump up on stage that easily. That being said, he was wrong for that.

ALTHOUGH- why did T Swift win that category but she wasn't even nominated for best video?

PS- T Swift sucks and she's boring... I don't care if she writes her own songs. She writes shitty songs, woo, I could do that too.

Posted by: Matt | Sep 14, 2009 5:49:13 PM

25. All is wants is attention! and free publicity still once an asshole always an asshole.

Posted by: Darrell | Sep 14, 2009 7:57:38 PM