Barack Obama | Michelangelo Signorile | News | Steven Anderson

Pastor Steve Anderson Wishes Death by Brain Cancer on Obama, Gays, and Michelangelo Signorile

Anderson

Michelangelo Signorile hosted Obama-hating pastor Steven Anderson on his show yesterday. Anderson also gave an interview to MyFox 10 Phoenix.

Signorile and Anderson discussed the definition of murder. Writes Signorile: "Anderson actually told me that, though he wouldn't encourage it, he would not condemn any person who killed President Obama or call that person a murderer. He does not believe that the man who allegedly killed Dr. George Tiller, the Kansas doctor who performed late-term abortions, a murderer. And he said he would not call someone who shot a group of gays and lesbians with a machine gun a murderer."

Finally, Signorile's interview with Anderson ended with the pastor wishing brain cancer on him. Anderson hoped the same for Obama in his interview with FOX.

Watch both, AFTER THE JUMP...

Listen to Signorile's full interview on his blog.

Previously...
Obama-Hating Pastor: Every Homosexual is a Deviant, Evil Predator [tr]
Baptist Preacher to Congregation: 'When I Go To Bed at Night [I] Pray for Barack Obama to Die and Go to Hell' [tr]

Comments

1. Who Would Jesus Wish Brain Cancer On? Ask Anderson, an inspiring man of God.

Posted by: MikeMick | Sep 1, 2009 8:59:07 AM

2. Let the debate begin: should a marginal loon like this guy get any media coverage at all? It's an interesting question.

Posted by: Latebrosus | Sep 1, 2009 8:59:35 AM

3. And who said Fred Phelps was faithful during his entire marriage has missed this slice of wingnut that must not have fallen far from that twisted tree....

Posted by: Darren | Sep 1, 2009 9:11:45 AM

4. Normally I would just laugh at his lunacy...however, people on the extreme right had been speaking out against Dr. Tiller for years, whipping the anti-abortion crowd into a frenzy until he was shot and killed.

This guy (and the same characters in the Tiller frenzy) is now doing the same thing against Obama. It's only a matter of time before one of his fellow lunatics tries something. This is dangerous.

Posted by: another matt | Sep 1, 2009 9:21:59 AM

5. I tried,I really did - try and listen to the whole interview I couldn't! This asshole made me sick....people like him should just go to Iran IF they want a Theocracy....his loony wife,and thier mentally abused little children..sit there,every sunday and listen to this hatefukl freak...imagine the mental problems his kids are gonna have..and we as a society will have to pay for them...they'll problem turn out to be full fledged Haters/or suicidal cases!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Sep 1, 2009 9:38:24 AM

6. HMMMM I would have to say although I do not agree with EITHER PASTOR that ANDERSON DOES SOUND ALOT LIKE OBAMA'S PASTOR!!!!!!!

Posted by: Sam | Sep 1, 2009 9:45:16 AM

7. Here's the debat again.
    In Canada this would be hate speech and he'd be charged.

Posted by: griffin1573 | Sep 1, 2009 9:45:59 AM

8. Disgusted American: Most of Fred Phelps children followed his lead. I suspect the same could be true of Anderson's.

And, pardon me, but Anderson is hilarious. A living, breathing lampoon of the religious right.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 1, 2009 9:46:31 AM

9. Okay, this guy's just a fucking moron.

Posted by: Donovan | Sep 1, 2009 9:52:08 AM

10. @Sam - Do you have clips of Obama's pastor saying that children should be executed if they curse their parents? Or that all gays are pedophiles and should be executed? Or that this country should be ruled by Biblical law?

I think the two men are extremely different and unlike you, I can provide hard evidence of this opinion.

Posted by: wetcnt | Sep 1, 2009 9:55:01 AM

11. Sam, i would like you to show me when and where Obama's Ex-pastor, wished death and disease on anyone....a link to a video, or an article...anything...please, because comparing the two is quite a stretch.

Posted by: candon't | Sep 1, 2009 9:57:03 AM

12. I'm happy that guys like this are finally becoming the 'Loon" and not the norm.
    This is a little too stupid to respond to but I'm taking it as a positive step for Queer Rights when a guy like this is immediately discredited as a joke and not 'respected' for his 'faith'.

Posted by: OttoErotica | Sep 1, 2009 10:09:11 AM

13. It's not just his stance on politics and marriage that define him as batsh*t crazy. Jesus General (www.patriotboy.blogspot.com) has been exposing this guy's "loonacy" for sometime.

He's been tased by the border control, he and his family have created fake websites and denigrated former congregation members (as well as their twelve year old daughton).

Finally, the good pastor himself is obsessed with "pissing in a manly way."

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Sep 1, 2009 10:30:17 AM

14. Shocker.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Sep 1, 2009 10:32:36 AM

15. Let me know when Pastor Anderson is back on his meds, or at least in the Quiet Room.

Posted by: Nathan James | Sep 1, 2009 10:36:13 AM

16. This guy has a really bad case of gay face. I suspect an Arizona airport has been visited by this closet case.

Posted by: Chrissypoo | Sep 1, 2009 10:45:04 AM

17. excuse me...but to compare him and rev. Wright..is like comparing a raisen to a water mellon....rev. Wright had EVERY right to say GOD DAM AMERICA.....he served his country,while being treated as a 2nd class citizen here at home (sound familiar>?) .....as a white man, I have NO problem with anything Rev.Wright said.

Posted by: Disgusted American | Sep 1, 2009 11:05:01 AM

18. A dangerous lunatic wrapped in pastors clothing. As a grandson, great-grandson, and nephew of REAL pastors that actually speak of LOVE, this impostor makes me sick to my stomach.

Posted by: Brent | Sep 1, 2009 11:13:32 AM

19. Signorile always goes looking for these obscure irrelevant lunatics. I know Sig has got to keep his show entertaining, but why give this guy any attention?

Posted by: JT | Sep 1, 2009 11:20:50 AM

20. Griffin1573 : If somebody is mentally-ill and standing on a street corner in Canada shouting this type of talk (or whatever variation of it), like one can see in all major U.S. cities, would he be prosecuted for hate speech? Or does the culprit have to be proven "sane" in all other ways except for the speech?

Posted by: JT | Sep 1, 2009 11:27:01 AM

21. The dude is obviously deeply closeted.

Only someone who hates themselves this much could be this crazy.

Steven, go suck that dick you've been dreaming about for so long.

Posted by: jeffg166 | Sep 1, 2009 11:47:35 AM

22. What's worse:

The lone wolf lunatic who at best reaches an audience of 100, maybe a little more and remains a marginal fringe figure?

Or the media choosing to cover him and then broadcasting his hate to millions of people, creating the potential for him to inspire legions more?

Sometimes shedding light on darkness makes it go away - but sometimes it casts an even larger shadow.

In this instance, I hope the proper authorities have caught wind of his threats, and have him so wiretapped, they can hear his cold heart beat.

Posted by: AERES | Sep 1, 2009 11:53:41 AM

23. Worst. Christian. Ever.

Posted by: stovap | Sep 1, 2009 12:05:27 PM

24. And I am hoping Pastor Anderson just becomes impotent.

Posted by: Matt from California | Sep 1, 2009 12:06:47 PM

25. I hope he gets testicular cancer.

Posted by: dm | Sep 1, 2009 12:11:37 PM