Hip-Hop | Music | News | Warren G

BigGayDeal.com

Rapper Warren G: I'm Fine with Gays as Long as They Stay Hidden

Vanity Fair interviews West Coast rapper and hip-hop producer Warren G, who launches into a tirade about how kids are being led down the wrong path by rap artists who focus on wealth, and, well, gay people.

Warreng

Says Warren G:

"I ain’t against gay people. I’m just against it being promoted to kids...I know people that’s gay. My wife’s got friends that are gay. I got family that’s gay. Cousins and shit. He cool as fuck. He cool as a motherfucker. He’s my homie. I just mean that on some of these TV shows, they got dudes kissing. And kids are watching that shit. We can’t have kids growing up with that...I know it happens, but let’s keep it behind the scenes. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with it if that’s what two dudes wanna do. Cool. But that’s not bring that out into the world, where the kids can see that. We don’t want all the kids doing that. ‘Cause that ain’t how we was originally put here to do. Like I said, I ain’t got no problem with the gays."

No problem until he sees them in public.

Comments

1. Ignorant ass.

Posted by: Pinky | Sep 28, 2009 10:51:03 AM

2. Because seeing gay people, makes people gay.

Tool.

Posted by: Gregus | Sep 28, 2009 10:51:09 AM

3. I have nothing against Hip-Hop artists.
    As long as they stay hidden.

Posted by: griffin1573 | Sep 28, 2009 10:53:48 AM

4. he may not have before, but he does now.

Posted by: jack | Sep 28, 2009 10:54:12 AM

5. Quel con!!!

Posted by: dani | Sep 28, 2009 10:54:31 AM

6. I feel the same way about rap. I think it's fine as long as they don't play it in public. I mean on some of these TV shows, and radio stations and web sites they got rap music playin. and kids are tuning into that. We don't need kids growing up with that.

I know rap happens, but let’s keep it behind the scenes. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with it if that’s what people wanna do. But let's not bring that out into the world, where the kids can be exposed to it.

Posted by: rayrayj | Sep 28, 2009 10:54:33 AM

7. Wow. This coming from a person with graceful linguistic skills such as these? That's a role modle for you. Idiot.

Posted by: SF_Scottie | Sep 28, 2009 10:54:41 AM

8. And anyone should care what this douche things because...? Good God, why would this illiterate let a magazine print both his syntax and retarded thoughts? Doesn't he realize they are printing it because it makes him look like he's got his pea brained head stuck up his ass? What a loser dope.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 28, 2009 10:55:19 AM

9. i'm w/griffin1573 - but as long as they stay silent!

Posted by: timbo | Sep 28, 2009 10:55:50 AM

10. I am so over the fucking trailer trash ghetto talk. I mean seriously you have some dough invest in grammer classes and invest your $$ wisely or you'll wind up on a reality show.

Posted by: rock | Sep 28, 2009 10:58:11 AM

11. Well clearly he's an idiot, but lets take out the word "gays" and put in "blacks."

"I ain’t against black people. I’m just against it being promoted to kids. I know people that’s black. My wife’s got friends that are black. I got family that’s black. Cousins and shit. He cool as fuck. He cool as a motherfucker. He’s my homie. I just mean that on some of these TV shows, they got blacks kissing. And kids are watching that shit. We can’t have kids growing up with that. I know it happens, but let’s keep it behind the scenes. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with it if that’s what two blacks wanna do. Cool. But that’s not bring that out into the world, where the kids can see that. We don’t want all the kids doing that. ‘Cause that ain’t how we was originally put here to do. Like I said, I ain’t got no problem with the blacks."

If I said this, I'd be labeled a racist and rightly so. But this homophobic asshole gets to spout off in Vanity Fair and the interviewer doesn't even call him on it.

Posted by: Mark | Sep 28, 2009 11:00:02 AM

12. Just what we need; another inarticulate thug on the DL. UGH!!!

Posted by: BAM | Sep 28, 2009 11:00:29 AM

13. >>lets take out the word "gays" and put in "blacks."

Wow, what a novel concept. That hasn't been done before. Right here on this blog. 4,873 times.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 28, 2009 11:07:32 AM

14. what's worse, seeing a gay kiss, or this guy's complete lack of ability to speak the English language.

Posted by: jake | Sep 28, 2009 11:08:56 AM

15. His constant assault on the English language is a far worse example for children.

Posted by: Wes | Sep 28, 2009 11:10:59 AM

16. And who the hell is Warren G?

Posted by: Fenrox | Sep 28, 2009 11:11:27 AM

17. What grammatical prowess! What is he saying about when he does see gay people in public? This is like reading his public apology for his violence before the (heretofore known) fact."Sorry, they were kissing..." One of the above comments trading "gay" for "rap" is funny AND TOTALLY TRUE.

Posted by: Miaulement | Sep 28, 2009 11:11:36 AM

18. Good God! Can't we protect America's children from Rapper Warren G and the many other homophobic rappers just like him? Their music should be "off limits" for impressionable youngsters. After all, they might grow up believing (and practicing) all the hateful BS they hear in this so-called music.

Posted by: Rob | Sep 28, 2009 11:12:59 AM

19. Surprisingly, this seemingly highly-offensive tirade is probably a big step for him... and most within the rap community.

Posted by: KFLO | Sep 28, 2009 11:16:37 AM

20. argh...He is actually a decent artist.
    but what a homophobic asshole.

Posted by: Hussain | Sep 28, 2009 11:18:41 AM

21. !st off this asshole needs to learn himself proper English speaking....he sounds ignorant...and what he says IS Igonorant....yo, Mr Rapper asshole...40yrs ago, people didn't want to see Inter-racial cpls kissing or assocaiting, as that "wasn't the way it was supposed to be".....sound familiar dick???

Posted by: Disgusted American | Sep 28, 2009 11:19:06 AM

22. Sheesh crispy, but Im new to this blog. I'm sooooo sorry if my triteness offended you.

Posted by: Mark | Sep 28, 2009 11:19:29 AM

23. He has no problem promoting "ghetto culture" to kids, who now think that to be "authentically black" they have to act and dress like hoodlums and drug dealers from the projects.

Posted by: Qjersey | Sep 28, 2009 11:21:18 AM

24. I'd rather my kids be around gay folks any day than around morons who speak like a bunch of ghetto idiots. What a shame that so many young black men think of this dark fool as a role model.

Posted by: chris | Sep 28, 2009 11:30:11 AM

25. Alright, Mark, my apologies for being harsh. It's just that someone always brings race into these threads, and it's so unnecessary. I mean, would you have made the same comparison if it was a white guy?

At least the person who substituted "gay" with "rap" made a funny.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 28, 2009 11:31:21 AM