Fashion Men | News | Thom Browne

BigGayDeal.com

Thom Browne's Spring 2010 Look: Mushmouth Chic

Mushmouth1

Some great photos by Jak and Jil of designer Thom Browne's ridiculous Spring 2010 New York show, which featured plenty of polka dots, Clara Bow lipstick, and a few Mushmouth-style helmets with built-in mirrored sunglasses.

Mushmouth2

The line-up backstage.

Mushmouth3

More at Jak and Jill.

Comments

1. Mushmouth didn't wear the cap like that. You're thinking of Dumb Donald.

Posted by: Roscoe | Sep 17, 2009 10:23:15 AM

2. who wears this stuff? I mean - really - who?

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Sep 17, 2009 10:24:31 AM

3. Who WEARS this stuff?? Those hats look like summer klanwear.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Sep 17, 2009 10:29:28 AM

4. Does anyone really buy this crap?

Posted by: Bob R | Sep 17, 2009 10:31:35 AM

5. You have GOT to be kidding me! I'm a big fan of fashion, but that are the Ugliest, most Ridiculous men's line I've ever seen. No man with half his wits would be seen in that stuff (outside of Halloween) and if he did, the whole world will be laughing at him. And not in a good way.

Posted by: mrmnyc | Sep 17, 2009 10:33:21 AM

6. Oh for fuck's sake. Really?

Not wearable. Not interesting. Not original. Not even a demonstration of excellent craftsmanship.

Every time I see shit like this from the fashion world, I'm driven further toward classic tailoring. Soon I'll be dressing like the Duke of Windsor, I'm sure. And it'll be Thom Browne's fault.

Posted by: The Milkman | Sep 17, 2009 10:35:03 AM

7. Are polka dots back? I'll have to check the back of my closet to see if I saved all my clothes from Structure.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 17, 2009 10:36:34 AM

8. This looks like either Clown Graduation day, or a halloween costume shop sidewalk sale.

Posted by: david in iowa | Sep 17, 2009 10:38:11 AM

9. Am I the only one tempted to bounce on their heads, Mario-style?

Posted by: Chris | Sep 17, 2009 10:40:23 AM

10. I didn't think his clothes could get anymore ridiculous.

Posted by: Tintin Malfoy | Sep 17, 2009 10:45:05 AM

11. Ummm... Seriously?

Posted by: Mike E. Perez | Sep 17, 2009 10:52:23 AM

12. Really? Maybe I don't know fashion from squat, but that stuff is ridiculous. The boys are cute though, but the clothes are crazy. Maybe I'll never spend 1000 bucks on a jacket so this doesn't apply to me.

Posted by: this must be a good thing | Sep 17, 2009 10:56:27 AM

13. The Models!! Won't someone think of the models!!!

Posted by: Mike K | Sep 17, 2009 11:05:07 AM

14. You ever get the impression that its all a joke and the powers that be want to see just how far we'll go before we call "bullshit"?

Posted by: The Realist | Sep 17, 2009 11:07:03 AM

15. Those poor male models!!!

Posted by: gabe | Sep 17, 2009 11:10:26 AM

16. Gives new meaning to the word 'dumb'.

From what I gather, apparently anyone can walk in off the street and be a fashion designer. Next month I'll be presenting my new line featuring outfits made from Hefty Bags and egg cartons. I call it "The Yolks On You".

(rim shot)

Posted by: David in Houston | Sep 17, 2009 11:15:42 AM

17. The comments on the blog link are as hilariously absurd as the polka-dot-pandemic outfits.

Posted by: Ernie | Sep 17, 2009 11:24:44 AM

18. @THE REALIST: That's what I love about Thom Browne.

Posted by: Doug | Sep 17, 2009 11:26:45 AM

19. the cap with glasses looks like the Water Wiggle I had as a kid. That or the elevator operator in "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T."

Posted by: FixItAgainTony | Sep 17, 2009 11:34:17 AM

20. That just makes me want to commit a hate crime.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Sep 17, 2009 11:36:21 AM

21. Runway looks are always extreme. Many of the pieces are never meant to be produced and are never offered in any store. The goal is to catch the attention of the fashion elite--fashion reporters, buyers, and a very small segment of customers who are truly fashion-obsessed. That crowd responds to something really different and cutting edge, so designers pull out all the stops.

Yes, it all looks ridiculous to the rest of us. But by the time these looks hit the real market, they'll be edited down to something more wearable.

All of that being said, I like the idea of Thom Browne's design far more than any of the actual garments I've ever seen.

Posted by: NickC | Sep 17, 2009 11:37:06 AM

22. i'm sure those boys are happy to be working.

Posted by: b mac | Sep 17, 2009 11:41:20 AM

23. I dont care if I had millions of do0llars - Id NEVER spend Frivilously on clothes,and BS..not while people are starving in this world.....and speaking of....it's Ironic to have a FOOD CHANEL when people are literally starving everyday.

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Sep 17, 2009 11:42:31 AM

24. Stop mixing up Dumb Donald with Mushmouth. It's all because that SNL skit with the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family got it wrong many years ago. SIGH. Our cartoon heritage is certainly more important than the whole fashion industry.

Posted by: joe c | Sep 17, 2009 11:44:13 AM

25. Example. Sometimes they look better without anything on.

Posted by: kansastock | Sep 17, 2009 11:46:18 AM