Weinstein Co. Picks Up Tom Ford's A Single Man
Following a Monday night screening of Tom Ford's A Single Man at the Toronto Film Festival, the picture was picked up by Bob and Harvey Weinstein:
"Deal was made after an all-night negotiating session between distributors and Ford's CAA agents following a Monday evening premiere here heavily attended by indie distribs. At the fete, there was hope in the air that "Single" might break the dealmaking logjam and prod distributors to begin locking in distribution deals for a slew of available films with strong casts that are unspooling at the fest. There had been no major showdown over a pic until Ford's debut arrived Monday...'Though I've gone through this with my collections in the past, this is so much more personal, and much more a reflection of my soul,' said fashion designer-turned-director Ford, who optioned the novel three years ago and shot the film in just 21 days. 'I have always admired Harvey's great passion for film,' Ford said. 'Harvey and I have talked about a collaboration for years, in fact, since our first meeting more than 10 years ago.'"
The trailer, if you missed it, is here.