Gay Marriage | Mariah Carey | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Gay Marriage Proposal at Mariah Carey's Vegas Concert

Mariah

Sweet, sweet fantasies fulfilled. Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Maurie Sherman (the one proposing) to the L.A. Times: "I worked as hard as I can to make it happen. Everyone loved the idea. But no one made promises. I did not find out until five minutes before the concert started. Her security came over and talked to me. 'I think we are going to do this. And, I think it will be during the show on stage.' I did not know before that moment. But I came prepared. I dressed nicely and brought the candy ring in my pocket and made sure it didn't break. Mathew had no idea. Please let me add thanks to Mariah for doing it."

Comments

1. Gorgeous gesture and that woman is a knockout.

Posted by: elcamino | Oct 13, 2009 8:42:24 AM

2. have ALWAYS loved her. i was always on the fence about her opinions on the gays, because of her religious background. i think this clears it up (or queers it up!)

Posted by: Gregsy | Oct 13, 2009 8:52:36 AM

3. GNIL (Gay Nerds In Love)

Posted by: ggreen | Oct 13, 2009 9:26:39 AM

4. Very cool! I'm sure some will make nasty comments, but hey, this could not have happened a few years ago without the place erupting in boos. I love this!

GNIL Por Vida!!!!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Oct 13, 2009 10:49:15 AM

5. Aww they're adorable! I loves me some dorky gays. It was just very cool of Mariah to share in their moment and make it extra special.

Posted by: sparks | Oct 13, 2009 11:07:27 AM

6. Oh how sweet! It brought a tear to my eye.
    Congrats to the happy couple.

Posted by: Kyle | Oct 13, 2009 11:46:38 AM

7. Mariah: I'm going to take a break in my show because I'm tired of singing the same song over and over so we can all share in this special moment - and I can have a reason to get drunk on stage.

Checkers: My love. Will you marry me

Matthew: I will.

Mariah: Ok, get off the stage. It's all about me again. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!

(kidding - sort of)

Posted by: jakeinlove | Oct 13, 2009 12:36:24 PM

8. LOL@Jake!

That was VERY VERY sweet though and made my day ;)

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 13, 2009 1:01:20 PM

9. I expected that clip to make me a little nauseous...but it was TOTALLY SWEET!!!!!

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 13, 2009 1:03:17 PM

10. I've loved Mariah Carey since VISION OF LOVE. I stopped buying her albums around the time she started doing that whispery voice and more hip-hop than anything else, having said that, (er, written that), I bought her new album MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT ANGEL at the urging of several friends who said it was her best in years. They were right. I can not stop playing that CD. I think I like every song on it and that video just makes my born-again love for Mariah even stronger.

Posted by: Bobby | Oct 13, 2009 1:15:08 PM

11. Absolutely adorable. Mariah rocks.

Posted by: David T | Oct 13, 2009 1:37:01 PM

12. I'm so glad Maria did one of the sweetest things she could do for a segment of people who are most likely her biggest fans!

But I do take exception with Maurie saying he dressed "nicely." I wouldn't want to be on stage wearing what either of them had on. :-)

Posted by: Tommy | Oct 13, 2009 3:03:36 PM

13. That was sweet...

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 13, 2009 5:56:48 PM

14. Mariah is awesome and she loves her gay fans!

Posted by: marq | Oct 13, 2009 6:47:17 PM

15. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mariah! Now, if anyone wants to marry me, you also need to get me to meet Mariah in person! (Well, I sort of have met her already, and she was sweet) But I also want to be proposed in front or Mimi!!!! :-)

Posted by: Matt | Oct 13, 2009 7:09:02 PM

16. Maurie is actually is part of the morning show on Virgin Radio in Toronto (with his own segment The Planet Maurie Show). Though I do believe him when he says he had no connections to make this happen. Sweet of Mariah and knowing her gay audience!

Posted by: Vance | Oct 14, 2009 2:33:15 AM