Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

2009's Top 25 Pop Videos, Mashed Up

Top25

DJ Earworm cooks up his annual clip casserole, AFTER THE JUMP...

Included here are:

The Black Eyed Peas - BOOM BOOM POW
Lady Gaga - POKER FACE
Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis - JUST DANCE
The Black Eyed Peas - I GOTTA FEELING
Taylor Swift - LOVE STORY
Flo Rida - RIGHT ROUND
Jason Mraz - I'M YOURS
Beyonce - SINGLE LADIES (PUT A RING ON IT)
Kanye West - HEARTLESS
The All-American Rejects - GIVES YOU HELL
Taylor Swift - YOU BELONG WITH ME
T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake - DEAD AND GONE
The Fray - YOU FOUND ME
Kings Of Leon - USE SOMEBODY
Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo - KNOCK YOU DOWN
Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain - BLAME IT
Pitbull - I KNOW YOU WANT ME (CALLE OCHO)
T.I. Featuring Rihanna - LIVE YOUR LIFE
Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie - KISS ME THRU THE PHONE
Jay Sean Featuring Lil Wayne - DOWN
Miley Cyrus - THE CLIMB
Drake - BEST I EVER HAD
Kelly Clarkson - MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU
Beyonce - HALO
Katy Perry - HOT N COLD

Comments

1. What?????? No Adam Lambert??????????

Posted by: Gale Chester Whittington | Dec 28, 2009 10:34:54 PM

2. Thanks for posting this, Andy. Anyone who can book DJ Earworm for their event would have a special event indeed. I love his creativity. Guys, if you can't get him in person to play, his website has plenty of free downloads for your next party...

Posted by: Mark | Dec 28, 2009 10:47:09 PM

3. Brit Brit's Circus was....where?

Posted by: Jason | Dec 28, 2009 11:25:50 PM

4. Brit Brit's Circus was...last year. Please keep up.

Posted by: Bizzle | Dec 29, 2009 12:19:30 AM

5. From the video info:

"A Mashup of the Top 25 Hits of 2009, according to Billboard. "

So, thats why "INSERT SONG HERE" isn't featured

Posted by: Aaron Rowland | Dec 29, 2009 2:04:38 AM

6. BTW: I think it's freaking awesome. Dude's got some mad Avid and Autotune skills.

Posted by: Aaron Rowland | Dec 29, 2009 2:05:28 AM

7. Thank freaking GOD there was no Adam Lambcrap on that mix. OR that annoying Slutty Cyrus party in the USA song.

DJ earworm is the shit!!! The mix he did last year was just as creative as this one

Posted by: Ventura | Dec 29, 2009 2:47:21 AM

8. Was it a rule that he had to use only totally lame ass music to make this mashup?

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 29, 2009 4:29:30 AM

9. Any list with either Jamie Foxx or Miley Cyrus on it is pure bull shit.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Dec 29, 2009 5:02:21 AM

10. yeah, this music, with the exceptions of poker, feeling, and single, is awful

Posted by: brad | Dec 29, 2009 7:25:49 AM

11. Damn people... the dude didn't choose the songs in this mix. It was supposed to be a mash of billboard's top 25. This is the third year DJ Earworm's been doing the top 25 mashup.

Obviously, not every song in the top 25 is going to appeal to everyone personally. I'd wager not all of them appealed very much to the DJ, either.

If you're about to post something harsh, maybe it's a good idea to slow down and do a little reading first... make sure your criticism is at least valid.

Posted by: sparks | Dec 29, 2009 8:45:52 AM

12. i know he didn't choose the music. it still reeks like a hot diaper.

Posted by: brad | Dec 29, 2009 9:21:12 AM

13. and this is the reason I don't listen to Top 40 anymore. ugh. The Beyonce and Gaga singles were fun, but seriously the rest of this is unlistenable crap . . . like the Black Eyed Peas, who basically performed aural rape on my poor ears this year . . . I think my Fire Island summer was almost ruined thanks to their excuses for songs being played 24/7 everywhere on the Island.

I understand now why people who see Gaga play three notes on the piano think she's a musical genius. I suggest they turn off the radio, read Stereogum and Pitchfork, and see that there are plenty of really really really talented musicians out there who are making mindblowing music that will probably outlive much of this.

Posted by: Alex | Dec 29, 2009 9:54:50 AM

14. Not a bad mix, too bad the song choices he was stuck with were limiting. Can't blame the messenger for pop music's sorry state, guys.

Posted by: DR | Dec 29, 2009 9:54:56 AM

15. Ah...I see...he *was* required by the rules of the game to use totally shit music.

And ALEX, while I totally sympathize with your situation, your description that The Black Eyed peas "...performed aural rape on (your) poor ears..." is a hilarious way to describe what happens almost every time I set foot in a gay bar. And yes, most people would benefit from perusing Stereogum or Pitchfork to acquaint themselves with music that is better than what the radio stations hurl at us every day.

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 29, 2009 10:49:05 AM

16. brilliant...being in fitness and teaching fitness classes all of these songs are relevent to me.
    and people stop being hyper-critcal...this is pop music...it isn't classical or meant to be taken seriously. And stop knocking Adam lambert...he is one of our own. He has guts to go out there and show them that a gay boy can rock...and does rock!!

Posted by: Paul | Dec 29, 2009 11:38:28 AM

17. @PAUL: No one is advocating listening to classical music. We are just bemoaning the fact that there are way too many pop/rock musicians on the scene today who don't deserve to be within a hundred feet of a recording studio much less at the top of the charts. (Jamie Foxx anyone?)

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 29, 2009 6:31:32 PM

18. @PeterParker

Second.

And those "artists" that shouldn't be within 100 feet of a recording studio barely do any recording, with the high prevalence of auto-tuning. When someone's taking songs and mashing them up like Earworm has done, I totally understand the need for auto-tune, and it can be done quite intelligently. On last year's United State of Pop, Earworm took the intro to Disturbia by Rihanna (the bum-bum-be-dum part) and auto-tuned it to match the strings from Viva la Vida by Coldplay. While individually, these songs are ... not my favorites (to say the least), it made for a really good sound, and the whole song turned out really great.

That said, because of the inability to choose what songs he's mashing up together doesn't allow Earworm to showcase what talents he really has. His other mashups have him creating entirely new songs from bits and pieces of different songs... "No More Gas," specifically. There's an interesting message in that song if you can get past the unconscious desire to identify as many songs as you can. And further, his talents have been recognized by artists, Annie Lennox, to be exact, who allowed him access to all of her master tracks from her solo career, and he made a brilliant mashup called "Annie Lennox: Backwards and Forwards." I think there was a post here at towleroad about it.

Anyways, I'm rambling, but Earworm's just that good at what he does.

Posted by: Andrew | Dec 29, 2009 7:53:20 PM

19. Oh, also... because of the tweenybopper generation that can't stop listening to terrible music, we have white trash wannabe rapper Ke$ha to look forward to on United State of Pop 2010.

Oh boy.